Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Boiling Seas

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 01:42:38 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym scratched his chin as she said what she did.

"Fair." he said.

"You do that, then." he told her.

"I think I'm going to explore the ship a little, get the layout and such." he continued. "See if I can find a clothing booth or kiosk or whatever, and get a hat for myself of sorts." he went on.

"Want me to get one for you as well?" he asked her.

"And if so, what kind? Or what colours would you prefer?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 01:46:25 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Oh geez. Yes, please." Callie answered.

"I like... uhhh..." She paused, not sure how to explain it. She knew what it was called back home, but had no idea what it would be called here.

"Beret, if you know 'em." She added.

"I can easily shove my blue up in there."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 02:06:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym thought for a moment, before nodding.

"Ah yes, I know what you're talking about." he said. "They don't really have a name for them here, sadly." he told her. "They're more just... a different style of hat." he shrugged.

"But yeah, I can grab one for you." he told her.

"Got a colour you'd prefer it to be?" he asked.

"Darker or muted blue." she responded with a small laugh.

"Gotcha." Adym responded. "Have a good nap." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 02:09:01 )

"Thank you." Callie said with a smile.

"Now get out of here. I'll find you later." She added as she gently started to push him to the door. It was in a friendly manner, but it was still omething she was doing.

"If you need me, you know where I am."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 02:24:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah, yeah, I got it, I got it." Adym responded as he allowed himself to be nudged and pushed out the door.

"When you wake up and decide to venture out, come knocking at my door." he told her as he stepped into the corridor. "Odds are I'll have finished looking about and will have gotten your hat." he reasoned.

She then nodded, and when she shut the door, he sighed and made his way to his own room, dropping the pack off by the his own desk, and going towards the window, looking out it.

"..." he was silent, biting his bottom lip a little, and sighing. He had to admit, he was nervous to be headed to the other continent... a place he wasn't familiar with... but he knew he had to be strong. He had Callie with him, and couldn't afford to let his fear get the better of him.

He then thought to the letter that they'd been given by the ticket attended, and the inn room they'd had, before smiling.

"At least we have friends looking out for us."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 02:49:25 )

The first couple of days were rather calm, leisurely, and most certainly something they both found themselves enjoying. There was apprehension about going to another continent, but ... Callie was calmer, most certainly. A lot calmer, at that. There was a comfort that she couldn't explain about going across the ocean, and Adym had noticed it. She hadn't said anything outright regarding it, though, but they both realised she really didn't need to.

She'd also been spending a good amount of time up on the deck, watching the people, the ocean, the sky with the twin suns, and that one figure she'd seen before. Anytime the one that looked like her popped up, she saw him, too. She didn't know if she could trust him, thought maybe he was trouble, but at the same time.... once she got a good look at his face, she realised that he wasn't a threat. She had no idea why she thought that, but for some reason, she did know it.

He wasn't a threat, and he wasn't going to hurt the one he was looking for.

As the other woman came onto the deck again, clad in a rather tasteful bikini, she watched as he followed out after a couple of minutes, and lingered near her. Callie found herself marvelling at how he hadn't been noticed by any of her entourage, but wasn't going to speak up about it. For now, she was just worrying about what was going to come next... even though her thoughts kept drifting to him.

Him, and why he struck such a chord of familiarity within her.

She was torn out of her thoughts as she watched the ocean by hearing someone calling out for someone.

"Sara!" A voice called out. It was a touch deeper than one might have expected, but still has youth to it, and he sounded like he could have a commanding presence if he so desired.

"Where ARE You!?" followed. Callie looked around to see if she could find who was calling out for the other person. She picked up on the concern in his voice, and wanted to help.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 03:16:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She didn't have to look for long, as she heard him call out again, and it come from a man that looked to be in his early 20's. He had... what looked to be a rather uneven and almost splotchy tan, which contrasted with his caucasian-like skin, and brown hair that trailed to his shoulders. He seemed to tower above everyone else, and as he moved forward, and the crowd got out of his way, she saw why. And also saw why he was shirtless, really.

When he fully came into view, after his stomach area, there was a horse body. A full-on horse body. White with black splotches here and there, which matched the pattern on his skin. If she were to liken him to an actual horse, she'd call him a dappled clydesdale, judging from the massive white tufts around his dark hooves.

His steel blue eyes scanned around the crowd and the boat, sternness and concern in his expression, that matched his tone.

"...Sara!" he called again, moving forward.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 03:26:42 )

Callie was silent, not entirely sure what to make of the fact that there was an actual centaur there, but before she had a chance to try and process that, she was on her feet and on her way over to him. As she neared, she found herself running through things she didn't even realise she knew.

"Silas brynn lechnai." She greeted once in earshot, not entirely sure why she did.

"What does Sara look like? Maybe I can help find her."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 03:46:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The centaur looked at her, surprised for a moment, before he nodded in response.

"Silas brynn lechnai." he responded in kind.

"It's kind of you to offer." he told her. "She's a little girl, looks to be around 9 or 10 years old." he said further. "She's a bit short, she has light brown skin, she's wearing a cape that's a dark teal colour, and... she has vermillion red eyes." he continued.

He wondered if he should reveal more, but decided to exercise caution for now. He did not know who this young woman was. She did seem to want to help, though.

"I'm acting as her guardian, and we were separated just after we had a meal." he told her further.

"I must find her, lest something happen." he added, sounding VERY disappointed in himself.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 03:56:20 )

Callie nodded, smiling softly.

"Don't worry, we'll find her." She told him honestly.

"There're only so many places she could be on the ship, after all." She promised, a definite air to her voice, her words. It was something that one didn't often hear, at least not in the same way that she seemed to deliver it.

---

"Stop struggling, you brat. You're not getting away. I finally got my bounty, and I refuse to not collect my pay." A figure snarled in a language from the other continent as he pulled a short girl with long light auburn hair behind him. She was bound, struggling to break free, and rather bruised as well, if the black eye was anything to go by. She didn't listen, of course, and kept fighting, attempting to burn the one who was trying to steal her, but finding it wasn't working. He had protections against that, as he knew who she was.

"Let me go!" She exclaimed in the same language as the one who was taking her, with fear her voice and face.

"Oh shut up and make this easier. I won't have to kill you if you do." He snapped, backhanding her, hard enough to knock her to her ass. She landed with a cry, the sound echoing in the depths of the ship that they were down to.

He was taking her to what could only be described as an 'escape pod'. He'd smuggled it on board, and it looked like a large ball that was about eight feet in diameter, and made for underwater travel.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 04:18:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Just as the two of them got closer to his escape vessel, they heard someone clear their throat. Loudly. When they looked over towards the source of the sound, they saw a young man standing there, wearing a green cape and a darker green hat that sort of looked like one would wear fishing.

"I don't know what's going on here." Adym said.

"But I can guess. And I'm certain it's not good." he went on.

"So. Care to step away from the child?" he asked the girl's abductor, narrowing his eyes.

"Or do we need to make this difficult?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 04:24:10 )

"You are not taking my bounty." He snapped as the girl looked over. She scrambled to her feet, diving behind him, but didn't say anything. Or, well, she did, but he didn't understand it.

"great." He muttered, obviously angry, before withdrawing a type of pistol from within a pack he had with him. He then took aim on the child.

"I was told I should do everything I can to bring her back alive, but if I have to kill both of you, then so long as I do a few specific things, she can still be of use." He told the newcomer in the language that they had spoken first. Obviously this man was good with languages from both continents.

"Move along and you'll survive."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 04:45:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym looked at the weapon, and just smirked slightly.

"I see." he said.

"So that's how it's going to be." he said further with a small sigh, before shaking his head slightly.

"Well, far be it for me to argue with someone waving a gun in my face." he went on. "You're clearly the one in charge here." he said further... before withdrawing something from his pocket.

"By the way, here." he said, flicking it towards him. When the man looked sharply at it, he saw it was a seed. A single, solitary seed.

And then it erupted into thorny vines, which started to wrap around his legs tightly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 04:58:43 )

He let out a cry of surprise, but it was more anger than anything as the vines started to wrap around him. In response, he took aim with the gun, and fired one shot.

The aime rang true, and the girl let out a cry of pain. When the newcomer looked to see what happened, he found the girl holding her upper arm, blood coming from beneath her hand.

"Dammit. I missed." The attacker stated calmly.

"Leave her and you won't be next." He didn't seem to be bothered y the vines wrapping around his legs, which was unexpected.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 05:03:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym narrowed his eyes as the man did what he did, and said what he said.

"...I certainly hope shooting her in the arm was worth it." he told him.

The man then felt himself losing control of his body... and by that, it wasn't doing what he was telling it to. At all. He was going numb. And alarmingly fast.

"Because you are going to be immobile for close to 24 hours now." he said further, gritting his teeth.

He then looked at the girl, and checked her injury.

"Damn it." he cursed.

"That needs to be looked at... now..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 05:06:29 )

The girl was silent, backing away from the newcomer, but it wasn't hard to tell why as she hit the wall behind her. She didn't know if she could trust him, after all. For all she knew, this was just a ploy to get her.

Then again, she had ended up becoming a bit on the paranoid side.

The attacker, meanwhile, let out a cry of shock, surprise, and pure anger, before taking aim at the one that had summoned the vines. As he felt the numbness starting to spread faster, an stronger, and he became aware of how quickly he'd hit the floor, he fired, not caring where he hit on him, just hoping that he did hit.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 05:28:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The bullet DID hit Adym... technically. The elf cried out in pain as the bullet grazed his shoulder and he felt the heat from the wound.

He put a hand to the injury and looked over towards the man, growling slightly.

"Damn you." he cursed.

He then looked at the girl, and realised that communicating with her might be a task.

"...I'm a friend." he said slowly.

"You can trust me." he tried saying further, before gesturing to her in such a way that said he wished to untie her hands.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 05:38:35 )

She was still, silent, before nodding. She didn't really look to him though, kept looking at the one who was on the floor in the distance.

She didn't move though.

---

Callie sighed as she noticed all of the everyone around her, but no child. At no point did she notice the child, and her and the centaur had been looking for about two hours by this point.

She just sighed, shaking her head.

"I don't know know where else to look..." She muttered, not noticing if anyone else was around.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 05:48:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The centaur sighed heavily.

"Curses." he growled.

"Where could she have gone!?" he exclaimed quietly, looking around once more.

"...oh, please don't let her have fallen overboard..." he then said in a hushed tone, horror in his voice now.

However, before Callie could really say anything, she looked in the distance, and saw Adym emerging from deeper within the ship... and he looked to have a child alongside him. One that matched the description of the one the centaur had given her.

And they both looked injured.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 06:00:29 )

Callie was quick to react, making her way over to the pair of them.

"Adym!" She exclaimed as she neared before noticing the ruined cloth at his shoulder, and the cauterised wound.

"Hold on." She then said before looking around. She didn't spot him anywhere before sighing and looking back to the child.

"Sara, right?" She asked. The girl looked to Callie, nodding.

"Your friend Karivyn is looking for you." She added, switching languages with more ease than Adym likely could have dreamed to hear from her.

"We agreed to meet in your room. We're both checking every so often." She added before holding a hand out to Sara.

"Come, let's go back down there. Karivyn may already be there." She said with a soft smile. Sara paused a moment before nodding and taking her hand.

"Ok." She then said, in the same language that Callie was surprisingly speaking for the moment.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.