Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Boiling Seas

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 06:31:28 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym was... stunned. He had... almost no idea what was being said. He understood things here and there, but... for the most part, it was gibberish to him. However, the child seemed to trust Callie, and he was thankful for that.

"Ah..." he stammered.

"Excuse me?" he said to Callie.

"Care to fill me in as to what the moss is happening?" he asked her.

"What are you saying? How did you get her to trust you? Where are you going?" he asked further. "Am I going with? Am I supposed to go elsewhere?" he continued to inquire.

"Throw me a clue here."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 06:35:25 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Callie paused as she got to her feet.

"... ah... that... that wasn't English, was it?" She asked, seeming to just realise that she was speaking something that she hadn't realised. It was also then that Adym noticed she had a bit of an accent, as if English wasn't her first language. It was subtle though.

"Anyway, Sara and I are going back to her cabin." She told him honestly.

"If you are able, and want to help, you could find a dappled clydesdale centaur who is looking for her - named Karivyn - and direct him to the cabin?" She then asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 06:55:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym shook his head.

"No. It wasn't." he told her.

"But... whatever, that's not important right now." he then said.

"A dappled clydesdale centaur?" he asked. "Shouldn't be too hard. Pretty sure I've seen him before, and I'm pretty sure he's actually the ONLY centaur on this ship, surprisingly." he went on.

"...or not surprisingly. Centaurs are rarely seen out of their villages, and even then, it's to trade in a local small town or whatever. To see one crossing the ocean is... almost unheard of, I'd think." he reasoned.

"Anyway, sure. I'll find him and direct him back to her cabin." he went on, gesturing to the girl.

"Also, can you try and tell her that I'm a good guy?" he asked. "I mean, she trusted me enough to come with me after... well... I stopped her from being kidnapped, but I get the feeling she still doesn't like me very much." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 06:58:13 )

Callie nodded.

"I'll be sure to tell her that, but you finding Karivyn and bringing him to her will definitely help more." She told him honestly.

"Now go. I'm going to get her down there,..... and stitch her arm. Or at least wrap it. Pretty sure each cabin has a small medkit." With that, she waved as she grabbed and lifted the child, and headed off... leaving Adym to find the centaur himself.

Big ship, but wouldn't be impossible, would it?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 07:35:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Callie and the child made their way to the room that she was staying in, and she noticed it was noticeably larger than her own. However, that was understandable, as the child was... well... a child, and the room had to be big enough for her and her guardian. She also noticed that they had been traveling even lighter than her and Adym, but again... perhaps that was normal for a centaur. She wouldn't be surprised.

She grabbed the medkit and started to work on the injury that the child had sustained. She'd been working on it for about 15 minutes, before the door was opened rather hastily, but it wasn't forced or slammed open. The two looked over and saw the centaur there, concern in his eyes, but also relief when he saw the child there.

"...Sara!" he exclaimed, before making his way over.

One he was close enough, he kneeled down on all 4 of his legs, and put his torso forward, his hands on the floor.

"I'm so sorry." he apologised.

"You got lost, were hurt, and were almost taken away because of my negligence." he lamented, revealing to Callie that Adym had explained what had happened to him already.

It saved her the time of relaying what Sara had already told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 07:41:45 )

The child, Sara, just shook her head before asking Callie to be translator. She told the older brunette something, which just net a light chuckle from her.

"Sit back, let me finish with your arm." She half ordered.

"and you, get up. Sara doesn';t want to see you on the floor." She told the centaur honestly as Sara let callie continue what she was doing.

"Because, really? I don't care if others consider you to be lower than humans, the floor is no place for one with such honour as yourself." She paused a moment before shrugging.

"Admittedly I paraphrased what she told me to say."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 08:02:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." the centaur was silent, before he lifted his torso up, but kept his legs knelt down. It was so he was on the same level at Sara, mostly. He then sighed quietly and looked at Callie.

"I figured." he said. "Sara is a very bright girl, but her language isn't quite THAT... refined." he admitted.

"...and thank you." he then said further.

"Thank you for helping her like this." he told her.

"To both you and your friend." he went on, pausing again. "Who should be here soon." he went on.

"I rather... hastily left, quickly telling him the room we were in." he then admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 08:07:13 )

Callie just laughed.

"Yeah... I can believe it." She commented.

"I saw your concern when we were searching for her." she added as she finished up with Sara's arm.

"Better?' She asked the child, who noded.

"Now, Once Adym arrives, I'll take my leave so you and her don't have a stranger hanging around." She then said while Sara just looked to be thinking about something. The child didn't say anything, though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 08:27:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The centaur seemed to notice that Sara was thinking about something, but didn't say anything about it. He merely thanked Callie once more, and after a few minutes, there was a knock on the door. The centaur made his way over and opened it, revealing it to be Adym.

"Right." the elf said.

"Is everything okay here?" he asked.

The centaur nodded.

"Good." Adym sighed, looking at Callie next.

"Sorry I'm late." he apologised with a light laugh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 08:31:04 )

Callie just shrugged.

"No worries." She said. "Took a bit to patch Sara up, anyway." She got to her feet, brushed herself off, before smiling softly to Karivyn.

"Take care of her. All children need a guardian, and I can't imagine a better one." She said simply before looking to Sara.

"... don't give him another heart attack, hey?" She asked the child, who then looked sheepish.

"I... I didn't... not intentionally...." Sara answered.

"I know. Don't worry." Callie assured her with a chuckle.

"Anyway! I'm going to take off, leave you two to your own devices. If you need a translator, well, come knocking." She then said, giving them her cabin number.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 08:44:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The centaur nodded.

"Thank you once more." he said. "The both of you." he said further.

"You're welcome." Adym responded.

"By the way, I'm Adymir." he then said. "Adymir Farwyn." he fully introduced himself.

"Ah." the centaur replied. "How rude of me." he said.

"I am Karivyn Hallowfen." he responded in kind, giving them his full name.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 08:49:40 )

"Calysta Icesska. But please, just call me Callie." Callie said with a chuckle. Sara paused as she heard that, she knew that name. However, she didn't say anything.

"You two take care." Callie then said before turning to the door.

"I'm sure we'll see each other again." She said befor eheading out, taking Adym with her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 09:05:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Karivyn and Sara waved to them, as the pair exited the room, shutting the door behind them. They then started to walk down the corridor, and Adym sighed quietly, shaking his head a little.

"Glad she'll be okay." he said.

"Is she a little more okay with me now?" he asked her.

"I know she was... very skittish." he continued. "And understandably so." he went on. "That had to have been terrifying for her." he said further, and Callie could hear the anger rising in his tone.

"Those injuries..." he growled.

"That scum didn't even care that he had hurt her so badly."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 09:06:40 )

Callie nodded.

"Yes, she's all right with you now, realising that you don't mean her any harm or anything." She assured him.

"Which is definitely good." She said before sighing lightly.

"Because that hair is pretty indicative."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 09:25:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....I know." Adym responded.

"Given how I stopped that person, she probably knows I'm like her." he told her.

He then paused for a moment, thinking about what he had done back there.

"...there IS a chance I killed him." he admitted to her. "After he was paralysed by those vines, I just tossed him into his submersible and launched it." he said further. "I mean... I don't know how much air he has in there... or where that thing will take him..." he continued, pausing again and shaking his head.

"I didn't really care at the time." he admitted further.

"But now? I'm... wondering about him." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 12:23:18 )

"well..." Callie started with a sigh, before hooking some of her hair behind her ear.

"There is absolutely no point in worrying about it. Considering how she looks, and what I was told happened, he was likely trying to get a bounty on her for being as she is." She said, trying to be delicate enough to not draw attention.

"And if that's the case, it would not have been good for her to be collected. Most likely would have resulted in her death." She paused a moment, hooking an arm around Adym's shoulders, but taking care for where he was injured.

"So it was his life instead of hers. I think a child deserves to live more, no?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 22:52:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym was silent as Callie said what she did and made her reasoning, before nodding slowly.

"I know." he said.

"I agree." he told her. "Between him and Sara, Sara's life IS worth more. And... well... I mean, I didn't have to launch him out into the ocean, paralysed like that, though." he then said. "I could have told the crew on board, and they could have taken him into custody." he reasoned. "There had to have been a better way to deal with that." he went on.

"But if you let him stay on board, then he might have revealed Sara or yourself in anger or revenge, or desperation." Callie responded. "In doing what you did, not only did you protect Sara, but yourself, and probably even ME." she told him further.

Adym paused again as he heard this, and she saw a little relief in his eyes.

"Okay, that's... a good point." he admitted, before noticing that se had hooked an arm around his shoulders, suppressing a blush that threatened to come forth.

"Sara WAS nice enough to cauterise my wound for me." he told her, though he suspected she could already guess that.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 23:24:36 )

"Yeah, I'm not surprised she did that." Callie commented.

"The heat from her as I was tending to her wound is... ridiculous." She added with a light sigh.

"She might have a hard time hiding."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 23:44:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...that is true." Adym realised.

"Hmmm." he mumbled, bringing a finger to his chin.

"Well... I wonder why they're traveling." he then said to her. "Maybe we can ask them later, and travel WITH them." he suggested.

"Yes, larger groups might not be the best, but... perhaps we can help offer some help protecting Sara." he reasoned.

"Especially since she is... well... yeah." he then said with a small sigh.

"It's an idea, anyway."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 23:47:49 )

Callie nodded.

"We know where they are staying, and I get the feeling that they'll come looking for me for translation purposes at some point anyway." She commented with a light chuckle.

"And ... if I were to guess, we were meant to meet them. Weren't we told to make sure we were on THIS ship? Maybe it was because of her."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.