Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Boiling Seas

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 07:19:08 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Kai nodded in response.

"Yeah. I can. Easily." he told her.

He then let her go so she could tread water, and positioned himself so she could grab hold of his shoulders, which she did.

"We'll get there about a day or so before the ship." he said, as they started to move forward.

"..." he was then silent, before looking back, and then looking under the water. He put his head down for a few seconds, before bringing it back up and sighing heavily in relief.

"Good." he mumbled.

"She's going back down to eat and rest." he said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 07:29:45 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"I don't think I want to know what kinds of horrors you have contact with under the surface of the water." Callie commented with a light, hesitant, laugh.

"Thank you, so much, Kai." She then said as she just held him close.

"I didn't... I had no idea what it is that would have happened were you not here to help."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 07:55:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"You really don't." Kai responded.

"Seriously, there are things down there that nightmares are made of." he warned her.

"Anyway, let's keep going." he said.

They'd been swimming practically non-stop for a bit, and Kai stopped for a moment to momentarily catch his breath, metaphorically speaking.

"We're almost there." he told her.

"Less than a day to go." he said further.

"You holdin' up all right?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 08:09:30 )

Callie was silent for a moment before just rest her hand atop the water, causing a platform of ice to form. She then hoisted herself atop it, taking a seat, and allowing Kai to see that her shoulder was still bleeding (granted, that wasn't surprising. Not much they could do while in the middle of the ocean) even if not quite as bad as it had been, and she was looking shockingly pale. Despite being in cold water, as well, as Kai touched her skin, he found she was burning up, way more than he'd ever likely thought was possible for her.

"I think I just need out of the water." She told him with a laugh.

"I'm not made for it like you are."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 08:33:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Kai was silent as she said this, and he felt the heat he had.

"I see..." he said.

"You sure?" he asked.

"Like... there anything else goin' on?" he asked her.

"Feeling all right? Just tired, or anything else?" he asked further as he tread water.

'...something doesn't feel right...' he thought concernedly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 08:36:15 )

"The sooner we get to shore the better, where I can properly dry off." Callie commented with a sigh.

"as I'm reasonably certain that I just need to get out, and as odd as it is to say it... warm up." She added before getting to her feet on the ice platform to stretch fully and properly.

However, as she did so, Kai was able to see that it was chipping away, and quick. Before he could react though, it gave way, and Callie hit the water, sinking to the depths below and fighting to get to the surface. She couldn't though, whatever was making her not feel all that good in the first place was making it hard, plus the panic at not being able to breathe.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 08:47:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"CALLIE!" Kai shouted, before diving down to get her. He was fast, but she was sinking like a rock. It was alarming how fast it was. However, he was a faster swimmer, and managed to get to her in about 15 seconds.

That being said, he still needed to get her to the surface, and that would take longer.

He put his entire effort into it, and got her to the surface once more in about 25 more seconds... but that was 40 seconds where Callie was underwater, and had been unprepared.

She hadn't taken a breath before going under, odds are she tried to instinctively take a breath when she was down there, and to top it all off, he was sure she was sick, or something was wrong.

"Lyssa!" he exclaimed.

"Lyssa, are you all right!?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 08:52:15 )

Callie was silent as Kai asked his questions. She couldn't speak, was having a hard time breathing, and that wasn't hard to believe either. Could be seen clear as day.

She couldn't even create a platform right now, to get up onto so that she could properly get her lungs working again. They were left in the water, no platforms of any sort to be found.

"K... " She tried to get his name out, but couldn't. She was barely able to tread water for the moment, even.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 09:04:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Kai was silent, before shaking his head.

"You need something to rest on." he told her.

"Use me." he said.

He then lifted her up a bit, and then got under her, so she was sitting on his back, and he was paddling as best he could to keep her above water. It wasn't optimal, but it would allow her a platform to get her lungs somewhat functioning again.

He hoped.

At least, enough that he could get her to shore.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 09:09:15 )

Callie did crawl onto his back, grateful that she was able to breathe at least... a bit. She wa ssure that was the only reason why she wasn't dead, but it still wasn't ideal. She couldn't take anything near a good breath if she tried.

"Just... just go... " She said quietly, her voice strained as she laid her head between his shoulders.

By the time that Kai reached the shore, Callie was most certainly unconscious, but the coughing that he'd heard from her throughout the rest of their travels seemed to have been enough to makeit that she could breathe properly again at some point, at least. Now though, he could see that her face was flushed, and he realised that he most definitely felt more heat from her than he was sure should even be possible while she was on his back.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 09:27:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Kai lugged Callie onto shore, and hefted her onto his back, before starting to trudge into the port city. He needed to find someone to help her. Anyone. She needed help, and she needed it now.

He approached a middle-aged woman that looked like she was going to the docks for some fish, and cleared his throat lightly.

"Excuse me." he said.

"Where might I find the local healer?" he asked.

"Or medic. Or shaman. Or anyone." he then clarified, trying his very hardest not to let the panic that was storming inside him get the better of him. He needed to at least seem calm.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 13:11:54 )

The woman was silent for a moment before sighing, heavily.

"Not here, I'm afraid." She answered.

"He and his wife have stepped away for awhile to help elsewhere that needs more help than here." She told him honestly.

"The closest may be about a weeks travel to the northeast, as I do not know where the healer is currently. However, for minor maladies, his child should be able to help."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 22:47:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Kai's heart sank when he heard that. Of all responses, THAT was the one he wanted to hear the least. A weeks' worth of travel? He didn't know if Callie HAD that much time, admittedly.

However, she had mentioned the healer's child being able to help with minor maladies. He was sure what Callie had wasn't 'minor' at all, but at this point, he would take whatever he could get.

"Well, good enough, given the circumstances." he said.

"I guess I'll see if their child can help me." he told her.

"Thank you." he then said. "Er... can you point me in the general direction of them?" he then asked her, lightly shifting Callie on his back. "I'm afraid I do not know my way around here, as I'm sure it's been made obvious."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 23:11:43 )

She nodded.

"It is pretty obvious." She told him honestly.

"And they live at the Inn." She added. "If you go in and tell those at the front why you are there, you will be able to see them with little difficulty at all, I think."

"So many people come in off the ships with seasickness and the like, it's pretty easy to find them."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 23:39:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Kai nodded in response.

"Thank you very much." he told her.

He then excused himself, and quickly headed to the inn, which was easy to spot. He walked in and made his way to the front, addressing one of the ladies there.

"Pardon me." he said.

"I need to see healer's child." he told her.

"I have someone here that is quite sick, and they're the only one around that can help, I've been told."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 23:42:44 )

The one he addressed was silent for a moment before looking to Callie on Kai's back.

"Of course."[b] She said.

[Down that hall there,"
she started, motioning to the hall in question to the east, "and the last door on the left. Knock thrice and they will help."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/6 00:16:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Kai nodded in response.

"Thank you." he said.

He then headed off, down the hall she had gestured to, and stopped at the last door on the left. He knocked three times as instructed, and waited anxiously, as the door slowly opened.

- - -

Adym looked at the dock anxiously, as the ship approached. He was uneasy, as Karivyn and Sara could tell.

"I'm sure she is just fine." Karivyn told him.

"I know, but I'm still worried." Adym replied.

Karivyn just sighed, and knelt down, gesturing for Sara to climb onto his back. They would be departing the ship within minutes, after all.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/6 00:23:41 )

Sara did as she was, in essence, told to, and wrapped her arms around his torso.

"Thank you." She said, in some of the minimal she could in their language instead of her own.

She had no idea what it was that had happened, exactly, but did know that it was problematic. She was relieved that her and Adym were safe at least, although she did agree... the fact that Callie and Kai were gone now...

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/6 00:42:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Karivyn looked at her and nodded.

"You're welcome." he replied with a smile.

With that, they gathered up their belongings, with Adym grabbing both his and Callie's pack, and they made their way to the deck. Once they docked, they dismounted, returning the keys as they did so, and made their way into the port city.

"...where are they?" Adym mumbled.

"Where ARE they?" he asked again.

"Perhaps if we check at the local inn, we may find answers." Karivyn suggested.

Adym nodded and they all made their way to the inn, and Adym approached one of the ladies at the front.

"Excuse me, we're looking for a couple of people." he told her, giving brief descriptions of Kai and Callie.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/6 00:45:46 )

The one he approached paused a moment before directing them to a room down a hall. It wasn't the same one that Kai had been directed to, was the one right next to it.

"You will find them there." She said calmly. I do know that they are there, so just knock and you will surely be let in."[/b]

As they headed off, she just sighed., not saying anything more. She didn't know how to tell them, and figured it wasn't her job anyway, but she didn't want to leave them as they were.

That was going to be one hell of a shock, she was sure.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.