Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Boiling Seas

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 01:42:56 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

In total, the number of drakes in the group that had attacked was 5. And of those 5, 4 of them chased after Callie, with one remaining behind. It watched them go, before looking at Karivyn.

"...we can also bring both the princess AND the girl back, and be rewarded handsomely." it said, as it opened its mouth, an orb of electricity charging up inside it.

"If I let you." Karivyn responded, letting an arrow fly.

"You!" the leader commanded to one of the ones that followed.

"Aim to make her life miserable." they commented.

The one nodded and opened its mouth, launching an orb of fire at Callie... which landed right beside her, dissipating in the water, but also causing the immediate area to heat up quickly.

"Again!" the leader commanded.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 02:01:50 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Ahhhh shit." Callie muttered. She didn't know what it was that she was going to do now, but... at the same time, she found herself more concerned for Kai.

Sure, heat was a thing and a threat for her, but ... she knew that he couldn't handle the water difference too well.

["Oh whatever." she muttered as she just continued on, trying to ignore the heat, and hoping that Kai would be deep enough to not really be affected by it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 02:23:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one she commanded continued to pelt the area with fireballs, and she felt the water temperature beginning to rise. She knew it would reach boiling soon. It wouldn't be boiling for long, but it seemed like the drake was able to keep it up at an alarming rate.

That is, until it suddenly stopped, an arrow through its eye, piercing through its head, and into its brain.

It was silent, stunned, until it came crashing down into the water with an enormous splash.

"WHAT!?" the leader exclaimed, looking back at the ship, and seeing another dead drake floating by it.

"Damned centaurs and their archery." it hissed, before looking at another that was with her.

"Cripple her." it ordered.

The drake responded by opening it's mouth, and shooting a small barrage of ice spears at Callie, all of them missing, but coming too close for comfort for her, and almost hitting Kai down below.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 02:30:33 )

Callie didn't say anything, couldn't. She didn't know what to make of the fact that they were coming at her.

"I..." She started, before reaction, and it was purely instinctual. She slammed a hand on top of the water, causing ice to quickly form on the surface.

"Try again! I dare you!" She called to the drakes. She didn't know if the ice was going to do anything, or if it was going to freeze Kai, but she knew she had to try.

She could not risk one of those spears, or anything else, piercing her friend.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 02:52:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Kai panicked as he saw the ice form on the surface of the water, and swam up to it, slamming his fist against it feebily.

"CALLIE! STOP!" he tried to call to her.

"Don't do this! You'll get yourself killed!" he yelled further, though it was extremely muted.

The drakes, meanwhile, paused when Callie did what she did, and made her declaration.

"...." the leader was silent, narrowing their eyes.

"She's up to something..." they muttered.

"Try it again." she told the other drake.

It nodded and did the same, launching another barrage of small ice spears at her position.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 03:02:28 )

As Callie saw the attack coming for her, she didn't say anything.

"Well then." she said quietly before checking to see where the ship was, finding it not far enough yet.

She cursed lightly before diving under the water again. She looked to Kai, caused a heart of ice to form as a way of saying 'thank you' and 'I love you' as the attack hit the ice above. They didn't pierce through, and once that was done, she climbed up onto the ice, knowing that this likely wouldn't go well, but also knowing that she needed to make sure that the child, and Adym, were safe. She had to make sure that Kai was safe too. She would happily give her life to protect them... even if she really didn't want to.

"Hey! Come and catch me!" She called to the drakes above before slamming a foot on the ice, causing a bunch of pillars to form, and shoot up far above her. She didn't have much room to move, but she hoped it would offer some protection.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 03:25:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"NO!" Kai shouted as he saw the heart, and realised what it meant.

"NO! LYSSA, NO!" he yelled, pounding again on the ice, but it did nothing. It was a barrier between the two of them.

"No, no, no, no, NO!" he said to himself, shaking his head and diving down into the water. He couldn't do this alone, he needed some kind of help... help in his own element.

The drakes looked at the pillars, before the leader huffed a breath.

"We'll destroy those walls." they said, as the three of them started to slam into the ice as hard as they could, causing Callie to feel rumbling and trembling.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 03:36:17 )

"Come on. You know you can do better." Callie said after a moment, a hesitant grin to her voice. She knew this could kill her, would likely kill her for that matter, but she also knew that this was something she needed to do.

She looked back in the direction of the ship before weaving through, around, the pillars she'd created. She had no idea how far, how long, she could go, but she had to at least try, right?

So she did. She weaved throughout them, before stopping in the middle of it all. She' was sure she'd managed to go quite a distance, several pillars had been destroyed, the ice platform was much larger than it had been originally, but she didn't know if it would make any difference.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 04:04:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She felt more of the crashes and smashes, but, no other pillars were destroyed, oddly enough. She felt them continue to ram into them, however, until they suddenly stopped, and the leader looked to the third one.

"Do it."' they ordered.

The drake nodded in response, before inhaling. Deeply.

After holding it for a moment, they opened their mouth, hurricane winds were expelled from it, enough to smash the damaged pillars into shards of ice and snow, that fell all around Callie, exposing her to view once more.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 04:19:35 )

Callie looked around, realising that she was exposded before looking up to the drakes, and just waving. Moments later, the ice below her faded, melted, and she fell through, plunging into the depths below. Or at least she was, until she was caught by something, the claws of the drake that had dived for her, grabbing hold, the claws, talons, digging into her shoulder and piercing her skin.

"Ah!" She exclaimed, pain and surprise in her voice as she was lifted into the air, the hole she'd created freezing over and sealing itself almost instantly.

She had no idea how to get out of THIS mess, so she just reached up, her hand on the claw that held her, and tried to freeze it as the drake took to the air and started to fly back to the leader.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 04:53:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As it started to freeze, she heard the creature yell out in pain, but it continued to fly back towards their leader. By the time it was back, its entire foot had been frozen, and the leader was looking right at her.

"Still struggling." it said.

"You are persistent." it told her.

"However, we are stronger than you think." it then warned her further, as she saw its eyes almost pierce her.

She then noticed a few dozen more shadows in the distance coming towards them, all of them looking like drakes.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 04:55:44 )

Callie was silent as she noticed the shadows before looking around.

"Really?" She asked.

"A few things that are just... bad... with this plan of yours." She started, her voice surprisingly calm despite how she was panicking internally.

"One: I already know you lot can fuck with peoples heads. How do I know that those are real?" She asked.

"And Two: IF they are, you've given me MORE reason to fight you." She cotninued before grinning.

"Also, I wonder how long til the freezing reaches this ones heart."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 05:23:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Maybe they're real. Maybe they're not." the drake responded.

"Depends on if you want to roll those dice." they told her.

The one that she was holding grunted in pain, but then spoke.

"Dying from my heart freezing over is still preferable to what the Master will do if we fail." it told her. As it said this, the other drake that was there... the ice one... got closer.

"Besides... I can always grab you." it suggested. "I can take the cold." it laughed.

This caused the other 2 to laugh as well, before the ice one looked down.

"...what is that?" it asked, noticing the rather large dark splotch that was in the water now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 05:30:41 )

"Well, then that means I need to be quick." Callie commented before pulling something out of her pocket. It looked like nothing but a glass orb, and it wasn't too big, but she just brought it up and slammed it into the claw, the foot, that was holding her, hard.

Causing a crack to form, a bad one. It wasn't enough to cause her to fall, not yet, so she just slammed the orb she had on the frozen claw again. This time, it was enough.

She fell into the water, and none too gracefully at that, and scrambled for air, for oxygen.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 05:55:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The last thing she heard was the drake scream out in pain as she smashes its foot... and as she landed in the water, she saw a massive leviathan-like creature rush past her, breaching the surface of the water.

However, she had little time to pay attention to that, as she was finding herself drowning. Legitimately drowning.

Until she felt hands take her by her armpits and raise her up to the surface, her head breaking it, as she felt water crashing down on her like heavy rain, and the sea around her crash around furiously.

"Don't worry." Kai said.

"It'll subside soon."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 06:00:31 )

Callie didn't even notice everything around her, barely even realised that Kai had lifted her out of the water as she was just struggling to regain her breath, to get the water out of her lungs... to survive.

It wasn't easy, either.

"We.... we need to get rid of them." She stated after finally managing to get her breathing under control.

"Before they go for the ship."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 06:25:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Kai was silent for a moment.

"They?" he asked.

"Who?" he asked further.

"There were only 5 of them right?" he then asked her, before scanning the sky.

"...I don't see any more..." he went on, which meant one of two things.

The first was that they weren't in sight yet for Kai, and the other was that it HAD all been an illusion created by the leader. Or they were real, but turned back and fled before arriving.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 06:28:33 )

"Yes, there were the five. I don't know if more." Callie confirmed as she looked around.

"But I don't know if they are going to leave, call in more, or what. We need to make sure the ship is safe." She added.

"the question, though... is what they're planning. I mean I destroyed the one foot of one of them."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 06:50:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Kai was silent for a moment.

"I... ah... I don't think... we need to worry about... more coming." he said.

"And... I'm sorry... but... I don't... I mean... their plans might forever be a mystery." he then admitted. "I couldn't think of any way to really help you or take them down, so... I had to do something I was scared to do..." he went on.

That's when Callie noticed that the sea around them was red. Red with blood. And a lot of it.

"The three that were there are... well... they're dead now." he said further.

"Eaten."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 06:55:48 )

Callie looked around, taking in the red that surrounded them, before laughing.

"Oh, that's rich." She commented before shaking her head.

"Anyway, let's get to the city. I trust you can swim faster than the ship?" She asked.

"I mean, sliding there on my ice is an option too."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.