Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Boiling Seas

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 06:47:31 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"....huh." Adym mumbled.

"Fair... fair, enough." he said.

"Is something wrong?" Callie then asked him.

"Oh! No, no." the elf replied. "It's just that those are kind of rare, and are a bit of an acquired taste, one can say." he told her. "The fact that the inn had some must mean a shipment came in from a bounty that was found." he reasoned.

"So it's lucky that they were here." he continued.

"...I've never actually tried growing them, myself..." he then admitted, looking more closely at what was left of it in her hand.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 07:18:32 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"rare?" Callie asked, her voice curious.

"And an acquired taste, huh?" she added before shrugging.

"All right then." She added. "But why not try? Do you have a reason not to?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 07:35:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym was silent and bit his lip slightly.

"Uh... well..." he stammered.

"I'm not... uh... I'm not 'high society' enough to have developed a taste for them." he told her.

"But... I mean, if you're offering, I guess I can try it." he reasoned. "And if I did, I might be able to get a sense of how they grow, and I might be able to reproduce them. Or... well, just get them to grow, really." he mumbled.

He then wondered if he'd said too much about the people that enjoyed that fruit.

What would her reaction be...?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 07:37:29 )

Callie paused a moment, looking to him quizzically.

"High society?" She asked as she passed it over.

"also here, try it. If you want to." She added.

"But... what do you mean by the high society comment. One would think, considering who... what...?? you are, that you'd count."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 07:59:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

v"...." again, Adym was silent for a moment, before pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I mean... I... well..." he stammered, clearly tripping over his words.

He then sighed, thinking about how to word this, before snapping his fingers.

"Ah!" he exclaimed.

"What you're eating is... well, from the other world, it would be the equivalent to caviar." he told her. "Generally speaking, nobility and royalty tend to enjoy it." he told her further.

"And... well, yeah." he finished, unsure as to what more to say from here.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 08:01:01 )

"..... huh." Was all Callie said before shrugging.

"whatever. Anyway, if you don't like it, I'll gladly finish it off." She added with a laugh.

"I guess I got rich tastes."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 08:21:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym just shook his head.

"It's fine." he said, taking a small bit and eating it. After he did, she saw him wince a little, before he paused and seemed to be thinking about it, and then swallowed the small bite.

"Interesting." he mumbled.

"I think it'd be an acquired taste." he commented. "But I also think I can see why people like it." he went on.

"And now that I've had it, I might be able to cultivate it." he reasoned.

"Might take some time, but I think I just might." he continued.

"Regardless, yeah, you do seem to have rich tastes." he laughed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 08:24:09 )

Callie just laughed.

"Apparently." She commented.

"But oh well. I guess I'm just a rich girl. I'll chalk that up to Dad always stressing that I shouldn't be against having things of value, but also to appreciate the cheaper stuff." She added.

"I don't know, that's just my guess."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 08:44:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym smiled in response.

"It's a good attitude to have." he said. "Appreciate the finer things in life, but never forget that it doesn't have to be fine for you to appreciate it." he summarised, as they approached the docking area.

And they saw a massive ship there, waiting.

"Looks like this is our vessel." he commented.

"Remember to hang onto your ticket." he reminded her.

"You may need it during the trip." he continued. "But just keep it in the cabin we'll be staying in."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 08:46:30 )

Callie nodded.

"Yeah, of course." She said before pausing as she caught sight of someone getting onto the ship. That blue streak to her hair as she turned away was definitely something to make Callie miss a step.

"Wait, what?" She wondered.

"... did you see her? She had a blue streak in her brown hair like mine."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 09:05:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym looked when she said what she did, and narrowed his eyes a little.

"...I did..." he said. "Barely." he added.

He then noticed that there seemed to be people following her... asking her questions, or begging for attention, or kissing up to her. He had to admit, he didn't like it. It made him uneasy.

He also noticed that there seemed to be someone off to the side staring at her. Hard. Almost like he was judging or scrutinising her.

"Wonder what that's all about..." he mumbled.

"...seems like she's some kind of well-known person, though..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 09:09:11 )

"Puts me on edge though." Callie commented, looking around.

"Makes me really hate my hair." She added. "You and I are just... Original." she was trying to be delicate with how she said it, not wanting to draw too much attention, after all.

As she noticed the one that was watching the other person with such intensity, she winced, but that didn't last long.

The hell...? She wondered, watching them for a second. Why do I feel like I know them...?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 09:26:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hmmmm, yeah..." Adym mumbled.

"If we try and keep a low profile, I think we should be okay... hair aside." he told her. "Maybe we ought to wear some hats or something." he suggested. "Cover up our hair for the time being." he added.

He then shook his head and watched, as more people started to pour onto the ship.

"Come on." he said.

"We need to get on and make our way to our cabin." he told her.

As he said this, Callie watched as the one that had been staring a the one with the longer hair and blue streak boarded... but he seemed to be intently following her. And in a very suspicious way.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 13:11:07 )

Callie nodded.

"Yeah. Let's try to. If only your cape was a cloak with a hood, huh?" She asked with a light laugh, not missing how it seemed the other person was following the copy.

"... And I'm undecided... the other one might have a stalker, or something. Should we interfere?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 23:37:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym narrowed his eyes a little, and seemed to be thinking about it.

"Not yet." he said. "We have no idea what the real story is, and if we butt our heads in when we shouldn't, we risk exposing ourselves, or causing a disturbance to the point of being ejected before the ship sets sail." he told her.

"We should just monitor the situation and see what comes of it. If it looks like she's in danger, THEN we'll interfere." he reasoned.

"For all we know, the one you're talking about just has a creepy aura or something, and is actually harmless." he shrugged.

"...though instinct is always best to go with." he then countered himself, before shaking his head slightly.

"No. Intel first, action later. Unless it seriously looks like her life is in danger." he stated firmly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/1 23:55:51 )

".... Fair point." Callie commented.

"I admit, I hadn't considered that. At least not yet." She then said. "Would have occurred to me later."

"For now, let's just get on the ship, as you said, and find our cabin."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 00:39:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym merely nodded in response and shifted his pack slightly, as the two of them walked up the gangplank, and showed their tickets to the person on guard. Once they were confirmed, and given the keys to their rooms, they stepped onto the deck of the ship, and Callie saw that it was, indeed, a massive one. Plenty of space to move around, but she surmised that that would be taken up by a LOT of people.

"All right." Adym said.

"First things first; our cabin." he told her.

They then looked at their tickets and saw that their cabins were right next to each other... which made sense, seeing as they were bought back-to-back, and made their way below deck, finding the doors that corresponded with the numbers on their tickets.

They entered Callie's, and saw that it wasn't as nice as their inn room had been, but it was still pretty nice. She had her own single bed, a dresser for her clothing, a round window to look out at the ocean as they sailed, a desk and chair, and a curtained off area that, when checked, was revealed to be a washroom area, for cleaning oneself/clothing, and tending to... needs.

"Not the fanciest, but it should more than do for the trip." Adym commented.

"Mine's probably the same." he guessed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 00:44:32 )

Calie just laughed lightly.

"I'll be honest, I expected that we'd be in the same cabin." Callie commented. "Don't take that as a complaint, privayc and some time alone will be nice."

"At least we're right next door to each other. If anything happens, in theory, we'll easily find each other."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 01:15:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I agree." Adym responded.

"I'm sure you enjoy my company... I sure enjoy yours..." he went on. "But perhaps some time alone with our thoughts will be nice. Especially since we have been traveling together non-stop for the past week or so." he reasoned.

"And yeah, being right next to each other is a definite boon." he agreed.

"But... not too bad." he mumbled.

"Just remember to try and keep a low profile." he reminded her.

"The less attention we call to ourselves, the better."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 01:20:02 )

Callie nodded.

"Yeah, of course." She agreed.

"Something tells me, that might be the difference between life and death, if I'm being honest." She added.

"For ow, I think I am going to get a little bit more sleep." She told him as she stretched.

"We didn't get much, after all."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.