Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Chaotic Nature

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 09:02:56 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Find out ASAP." Sharp ordered her.

"I'll see if I can't call in some outside temporary help to keep the medwing going." he told her further.

"I'll keep you updated with that." he went on.

"And YOU keep me updated with the situation on Ezekiel, Angela, and Olivia." he finished.

"If there's nothing else, I suggest you move with haste."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 09:08:49 )

Alicja didn't say anything before nodding, and leaving. She knew he was right, she did have to get down there as quickly as she could.

When she reached there, she slid into the desk at the entry point, since no one else was there for the moment, and grabbed the phone. She dialed Angela's home phone before sighing, and waiting.

"Hey Zeke," she greeted once he'd answered.

"You're... going to want to come to the Unit." She paused a moment. "Actually, You need to, for a couple of reasons." She paused here, letting him process and respond.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 09:26:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

There was silence on the other end, before there was a response. And not the one she was expecting.

"OH! Oh, crap!" Zeke exclaimed.

"You're right! I do!" he agreed.

"I assume you mean now? As in right the hell now?" he then asked her.

"Because I can be there literally within a minute, so long as you tell me where I can safely teleport in." he then said.

As he spoke, she heard hurried footsteps and fumbling around. It was clear he was getting ready to leave... as much as he could, within the length that the phone cord allowed him to.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 13:35:49 )

Alicja was silent for a moment.

"Uhhh... yeah, the sooner the better.' She told him, some confusion to her voice. She certainly hadn't expected him to be all gung ho for getting there. That was... she wasn't sure why, but she wasn't going to stop him.

"You can mana into the entry way for the medwing." She then said. "I'm sitting at the desk there. WE can talk more once you're here."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 22:56:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Cool, see you real soon." Zeke responded, before hanging up.

Again, Alicja was left with... much confusion. She didn't know why he'd reacted the way he did, but it DID expedite things, so it wasn't really anything to complain about. Sure enough, within 30 seconds, Zeke appeared in the entryway of the medwing, and looked over at Alicja.

"All right, I'm here." he told her.

"And I have a feeling I know what this is about." he went on, but then paused.

"...but... before I decide to rush ahead with my assumption and potentially make an ass out of myself, how about you fill me in?" he then asked of her. "Just so I know whether or not there're additional things to worry about."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 00:19:30 )

Alicja was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Angela is down, and we need to check you over, make sure you don't have the same virus that her and Olivia do." She told him honestly, hoping that was what he was thinking, as that would potentially make this a lot easier. Granted, there was no way to know for certain without him speaking up.

She got to her feet and motioned for him to follow her.

"So come on, we wanna run a few tests on you to make sure you aren't suffering the same, and just assymptomatic or something."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 01:00:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke was silent for a moment, before sighing.

"Sure." he said, following her.

"I'll tell you right now, chances are you're not going to find anything wrong with me, but as you said, being asymptomatic is a thing, so... yeah, might as well get the tests done." he reasoned.

As they walked, he looked around worriedly.

'Damn it, if these tests come back negative, I know what's happening.' he thought.

'And I won't like it. I don't like it NOW.'

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 01:09:02 )

"Why do you think that? Zeke, do you know something?" Alicja asked after a moment or two.

"Because if you know something, it could be really good to know it." she added as they walked.

"And... I am sorry about this."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 01:32:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke shook his head.

"Don't apologise." he said.

"You're doing your job as a medic, and as a friend. I cannot be angry about that." he went on.

"And do I KNOW something? THAT'S hard to answer." he then sighed.

"Do I SUSPECT something? Oh, yes. Yes, most certainly." he confirmed.

"However, before I spout off what I think, these tests will confirm my suspicion or not." he then said further.

"I'd go into more detail, but if these tests prove me wrong, then I can thankfully let my misinformation go unknown." he then reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 01:43:17 )

Alicja was silent. She wanted to know what he was thinking, but if he didn't want to share yet, fine.

So, all she did, was do the tests that she needed to do. Afterwards, she just looked to Zeke and sighed.

"Sadly, you're going to be stuck here til the results are in." She told him.

"It might take a couple of days though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 02:03:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Zeke was silent until he heard that.

"All right, THAT changes things." he said.

"Why do I suspect that I'm going to be fine? Because I'M not a fae." he told her.

"The fae back at the house are dying. And I mean they're rotting away." he revealed. "And when you called me and said that Angela was down, my slow brain finally made a connection that Angela and Olivia both have fae... mana... DNA... whatever.. in them." he continued.

"So my suspicion is that there's something going on... probably with the planet itself... which is causing the fae to literally wither away." he told her further. "They're a species that's VERY connected to the planet after all." he reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 02:05:50 )

Alicja was silent for a moment before looking to Zeke.

"..... I never even considered that." She commented.

"Because yeah, as far as I know, there IS Something going on with the planet." She added. "However... I don't know what we can do here to help the pair of them." She paused, sighing.

"Because neither are in the best of shapes. And I fear they're just going to get worse."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 02:27:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I might be able to help." Zeke replied.

"Back at the house, I was able to use my mana to set up a protected zone. A sort of sanctuary, if you will." he told her. "I wasn't able to STOP the withering, but I was able to significantly slow it down." he continued.

"From what I saw, I think I slowed it down to around... 5-7% of what it was before. Sadly... a few are... already too far gone..." he then lamented, the sadness in his voice real, and genuine.

"But the others have more of a chance for survival." he went on.

"I might be able to do the same thing here." he told her.

"Set up a zone for Angela and Liv, and see if THAT helps them."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 02:29:59 )

"You're welcome to try, as you'll be in that room." Alicja told him honestly.

"Are the fae around that house going to be in danger with you not there?" She then asked, her voice curious, concerned.

"If not, is there any way to help them with you here? AS I'm not letting you leave before the results are in."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 02:58:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke nodded.

"Probably." he said.

"To keep me away from them is to sentence them to a quick and painful death." he told her bluntly. "So unless you want their blood on your hands, find a crystal that can hold celestial mana, so it can slow release and protect them in my absence." he said further.

"I'd say they have about an hour before my influence there disappears entirely." he added.

"So... yeah." he mumbled.

"Suffice to say, this situation is... shit."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 03:06:03 )

"I'll say." Alicja agreed with a sigh.

"I'll find you a suitable crystal." She then said. "Now come on, let's get you set up with the other two." With that, she headed off, expecting him to follow.

After she got Zeke set up and situated with Angela and Liv, she left him to it and headed off. She wanted to stop by the lab to see if they had anything strong enough, first. If not, she'd check elsewhere, but that was the first place she could think of, as she knew that the medwing didn't have anything that strong.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 03:26:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She made her way to the lab, and waited for a response when she knocked. It was Ilias than answered about 30 seconds after the knock, and let her in.

"Hey." he greeted her.

"Something up?" he asked. "The med team doesn't normally visit us unless there's a problem." he reasoned.

"So... I mean, if there isn't, then what can I do for you?" he then asked her.

As he spoke, she saw he was keeping track of notes and such, and keeping an eye on the lighting. A quick glance at the papers showed that it was electrical notes and such, and it had to do with the power to the building.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 03:29:48 )

"No, we don't usually come down here, but I wanted to ask if you happened to have something, since we don't" Alicja answered honestly.

"First though... What's going on regarding the power done here?" She asked, motioning to the notes and what he was doing. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that something was up.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 03:56:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias just sighed.

"Well, the main power's out." he told her.

"And our backup generators can only last so long." he went on.

"So we're planning on using some high-capacity crystals to store electric mana, and use THAT to power the building when the initial generators go down." he explained to her.

"I'm just keeping notes on when the power starts to go out, so we can prepare to use the crystals as soon as we need to."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 03:59:16 )

"Ohh, that makes sense." Alicja commented before pausing, thinking.

"Nevermind what I was coming looking for." She added. "Seems you're going to need them." When Ilias looked to her quizzically, she sighed lightly.

"I'm looking for a decent sized - so not one of those mini ones like we have in the medwing - crystal that is actually capable of holding celestial mana." She told him honestly.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.