Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Chaotic Nature

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 04:07:17 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

She heard the phone autodial the number, and then there was silence. Then a ring... but it was a short ring, almost cut off abruptly by something. And then she heard an automated female voice.

"The number you are trying to reach could not be found at this time. Your call cannot be completed at this time. Please hang up and try your call again. The number you are thing to reach..." it droned.

A cell number. She'd called a cell phone.

And they were out of service at the moment.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 04:13:25 )

With a light curse, she fumbled to find the receiver before hanging the phone up, obviously unimpressed.

"nnngh... dammit." she muttered, holding her head slightly.

"Just... gotta get out of here..." She thought before sighing, knowing that she wouldn't be able to do so quickly, or easily.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 04:40:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

No sooner had she finished uttering those words, did she heard a knock on her office door.

"Dr. Edwards?" she heard Nate call out to her... but it sounded distorted. Warped. However, almost everything did with her... probably had to do with why everything was spinning.

"Dr. Edwards, you in?" Nate asked through the door.

"I have the updates you requested for Agent Buckler." he added. It was a patient that had been admitted recently, due to sustaining injuries from being outside in the horrible weather, and while it wasn't critical, she did ask for updates on changes of their condition, good or bad.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 04:43:42 )

She let out a bit of a breath before steeling her nerves and forcing herself to a position where she was sitting upright.

"Ohhh man this can't be prolonged." She muttered.

"It's open!" She called to Nate on the other side of the door. Alls he could hope for the moment was that she didn't look even half as bad as she was feeling.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 05:05:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The door was opened, and Nate stepped inside, looking at the clipboard in his hand.

"Dr. Edwards, I'm pleased to report that Agent Buckler's condition IS steadily improving, and-" he started to say, before he looked up and saw her... and paused where he was, almost glued to the spot.

"Good heavens, Dr. Edwards, are you all right!?" he exclaimed, quickly making his way towards her.

That's when she remembered; this was Nathan.

The ONE person that nobody could hide how their health was, from. He could see it all in their 'aura'.

Which means hers had to have been seriously wonky for him to suddenly make such an exclamation.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 05:09:30 )

Angela just sighed.

"... I can't lie to you. Even if I wanted to, you'd literally see right through it." She commented with a sigh.

"But I am really not feeling wonderful at all." She commented.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 05:39:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"That's... that's plain to see." Nate responded, but then paused. "Er... well... for me, anyway." he mumbled, shaking his head a little, and looking at her a little more closely.

"...yeah, you need to lie down, yourself." he told her.

"I can see that things are not going well for you, health-wise." he went on. "And that is criminally understating it." he added.

"Come on." he said.

"We need to get you to a room, and tended to. NOW."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 06:09:41 )

Angela didn't say anything before carefully, very carefully, getting to her feet. She kept her hands on her desk though.

".... Yeah.... Ok. I just..." She started, bringing a hand up to her head, as Nate's 'sight' was starting to spike, for her. The spike downwards was most certainly easy to see, and wasn't hard to predict coming.

Mere moments after he saw it start to drop.... so did she.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 06:29:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate wasn't very strong, but he WAS quick... and as she dropped, he raced to catch her, and managed to stop her from collapsing completely to the floor.

"Shit, shit, shit..." he cursed.

"Hey!" he called out.

"Help!" he yelled further. "Dr. Edwards collapsed!" he then shouted.

He didn't know who was immediately around, but he'd hoped SOMEONE had heard him. He wouldn't be able to carry Angela to a bed all by himself, and he didn't have any active mana to teleport her there.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 06:34:33 )

He was met with silence for a few seconds before Alicja arrived to the door.

"What the hell happened?" She asked as she hurried over and helped to lift Angela up.

Come on, the bed just nearby is empty. We can put her there until someone with more strength or abilities can move her."[/b] She added before they started to carry Angela to the bed in question. As they did so, they were able to feel something rather alarming.

"Before I even check, Nate - can you see what her temp is at?" She asked as she started to gather everything that was needed, to set her up.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 06:54:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate nodded in response.

The first thing he did was press his wrist to her forehead... and then promptly snapped it back.

'Yikes!' he thought, before getting a thermometre and placing it in her mouth to take it proper. He then watched as he saw her temperature show as high. And then higher, and higher, and higher... and then FINALLY stopped. Though that was little comfort right now.

"Oh, sweet heavens..." he said in a hushed tone.

"A... Alicja...?" he then said, getting her attention.

"Dr. Edwards temperature is... it's... it's 110 degrees." he told her quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 07:02:38 )

Alicja was silent, frozen for a heartbeat or two.

"Excuse me?" she asked.

"That is more than a little alarming." She stated simply before they set to work doing whatever they could to drop her fever.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 07:25:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Just a little." Nate responded, helping Alicja however he could. They worked as hard as they could to try and drop Angela's fever, but despite their best efforts, they only managed to get it down 2 or 3 degrees.

Which was still something, at least.

"..." Nate was silent, biting his bottom lip slightly.

"Think this is what Liv has?" he asked her.

"Or some form of it?" he asked further.

"...or is there more to this than there seems..." he then wondered aloud.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 07:29:10 )

Angela just sighed, heavily.

"I really wish I had some sort of idea." She commented.

"However, yeah. I'm reasonably sure that it would be a case of the same thing." She added.

"Considering... well... they do live together." She said.

"I'm... going to go tell Hal about this.... I'll see you in a few."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 07:58:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate nodded in response.

"Yeah." he said, before pausing.

"...we need to test Zeke." he told her. "He lives in that house, too. We need to see if HE'S coming down with any similar symptoms as the two of them." he then told her.

"Anyway, you go tell Agent Sharp." he finished, before pausing again.

"Oh, and I've heard that his receptionist isn't officially acting as one that stops people from seeing him." he told her. "She's there just to manage and screen his calls for the time being, so you don't have to ask her to buzz Agent Sharp. Just knock on his door." he said.

"Dr. Edwards told me that... couple days ago."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 08:11:15 )

Alicja nodded.

"Yeah, good to know." She said simply before sighing.

"I'll see you in a bit." With that, she headed off, knowing that Nate could take care of the place for the moment.

She made her way up to the office, keeping an eye out for Zeke on the offchance that she ran into him. Sadly, no dice there.

Once she reached Hal's office, she waved the receptionist and knocked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 08:31:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The receptionist waved back, as she continued her conversation with whomever was on the other end of the phone, and Alicja then heard Hal's voice from behind the closed door.

"Come in!" he called.

She opened the door and stepped inside, and Hal looked over towards her.

"Oh, Alicja" he greeted her.

"Have a seat." he said, gesturing to one of the chairs.

"What can I help you with?" he asked as she sat down.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 08:33:34 )

Alicja sighed as he asked his question.

"I won'tt ake up much of your time, I doubt I can afford to." She told him honestly.

"I'm just... Angela collapsed." She added bluntly, getting straight to the point.

"Her temperature is up at 110, and we need to find out if Zeke has caught the same bug, as Nate and I are thinking it's whatever Olivia was brought in with."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 08:46:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal's face was a look of simultaneous anger, concern, and sheer exasperation.

"....of course." he growled.

"Well, Ezekiel is at Angela's home. He's been 'holding the fort down', so to speak." he told her.

"I can call him, or you can, to get him here to have himself checked over." he continued.

"...and 110." he then said quietly.

"That's... just...." he stammered, unable to find the words right now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 08:52:03 )

"I'll call him when I return to the medwing." Alicja commented before sighing.

"And... yeah. Suffice to say, the wing probably won't be running quite as smoothly as before." She added after a moment or two.

"Just... just as a heads up." Shea dded.

"However, we're all at risk if it is a virus, but this is the worst time for it."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.