Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Chaotic Nature

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 06:25:32 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The man hid behind a corner wall, and watched as he saw several people hastily making their way to an emergency exit of the underground complex that they inhabited. It seemed there was one person being violently ushered along... even forced to move... by 2 people, while a 4th one, the clear leader of them all, was screaming at them, and the one they were moving.

"GET HER OUT OF HERE!" she shrieked. "JUST GET HER AWAY FROM HERE!" she hollered further.

"T-to where, mistress?" one of the two underlings asked.

"WHEREVER!" she snapped back. "JUST GET HER AS FAR AWAY FROM HERE AS POSSIBLE!" she commanded. "Let her die somewhere that isn't HERE!" she finished violently.

"..." the man that had been watching this from afar just sighed quietly, stopped watching, and started to slowly walk away, down the hallway.

'...I get the feeling this isn't the last we've seen of this problem...' he thought to himself ominously, as he already started to make future plans regarding this... as best he could.

- - -

Hal and Hollie were resting on the couch in the den of Hal's home, just enjoying an evening together. They had ordered in food for dinner, as well as some dessert, and now they were watching television, with Hal sitting at the end of the couch, and Hollie leaning up against him. They had just started watching a crime drama, when the program was suddenly interrupted by an emergency news bulletin.

"Oh, come on, we were just about to see who the victim was." Hal muttered. "Wonder what this is about...?" he then asked quietly.

The news anchor was reporting that strange weather-related phenomena were happening around the world. They mentioned that several areas were experiencing earthquakes, while others had severe tornado warnings, and tropical storms were rising in other parts of the planet. While the areas were known for these events, the strange part was that they were happening all at once.

"Huh, that's weird..." Hal commented, before the anchor was handed an update.

"This just in, it's been reported that Mount Vesuvius in Campania is showing signs of activity." they said. "Scientists and Geologists are saying that, while activity is not surprising, the sudden appearance of it is-" they continued, before being handed another paper. "And THIS just in... it seems that the supervolcano, Yellowstone Caldera, in Wyoming, is ALSO showing abrupt signs of activity." they reported, continuing with the story, and clarifying what that meant.

"...okay, that's not good." Hal said, his voice far more serious now. "What is happening with the world, suddenly?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 06:34:27 )

Hollie was completely silent as the reporter said all they did.

"I... have no idea. " She admitted.

"And I admit, it's concerning." She added before just reaching down and laying a hand on the floor. They were on the ground floor, and she was an Earth mage, so she hoped to maybe get some sort of idea as to what was going on. Sadly, all she got was nothing.

"... I'll be back. I want to go stop by someone's place that I'm reasonably certain can actually give some sort of answer - maybe." As she spoke, she got to her feet, before leaning over and giving Hal a kiss atop his hairless head.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 06:54:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal nodded in response after she kissed him, and smiled.

"All right." he responded. "I do hope you manage to get some useful information." he told her.

"In the meantime, I'm going to check a few mage channels and boards, and see if there isn't any information circulating about this sudden turn of events." he informed her further.

Hollie nodded, and vanished from where she was, appearing beside a nice little townhouse... but there was something that was making it seem not so nice at the moment. Inside, she swore she could hear... voices. Loud voices.

And crashing. Crashing, yelling, smashing, thumping... it seemed like there was massive destruction happening inside.

Normally that wouldn't be as alarming as one would initially think, but... something seemed different about this. One of the voices, the male one, she thought she heard... desperation in his tone?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 07:06:01 )

Hollie was quick to approach the door and knock. When she heard more crashes, and an exclamation from the male, she just sighed and used her mana to vanish from where she was, appearing within.

Just in time for a vine spear to go sailing past her head and embedding itself in the wall. Which caused her to realise immedaitely that she should have brought her staff.

"Whoa!" She exclaimed as she dodged the attack, ducking down low enough that it caught naught but her hair. When she straightened up again, she saw a short blonde woman pinning a brunette man who was taller than she was, which was alarming. The blonde looked absolutely psychotic.

Hollie hurried over, using her mana to send the blonde elsewhere, somewhere that she wasn't sure, within the house, before addressing the brunette.

"Andrew, are you all right?" She asked, concern in her voice, and face.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 07:28:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The brunette was silent for a moment, before rolling onto his front, and coughing... to the point where a large splattering of forest green liquid was spat out from his mouth. She knew what it was... and it was alarming.

"H-Hollie?" he asked, looking at her, and then looking around.

"Where's Anna?" he asked her.

"I sent her somewhere else in the house." Hollie responded. This seemed to cause Andrew's eyes to widen a bit.

"Ohhhh, she won't like THAT..." he mumbled.

"Hollie, you need to get out of here!" he exclaimed. "NOW!" he yelled.

"Something reeeeeeal screwy is happening!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 08:02:15 )

Hollie internally cursed the fact that she wasn't one that could heal people like her brother kind of could.

However, she knew her mana base being Earthen would liekly be a good thing for him., so she helped with some of her mana.

"Do you have any ideas what is going on?" She asked, her voiec curious as she paid attention to him, and kept an ear out for anything from Anna.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 08:23:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Andrew shook his head.

"No. I don't." he said.

"All I know is that suddenly-" he went on, before he tackled Hollie to the floor, as thorn-laden vines shot out from seemingly nowhere, and barely missed them.

"Anna, please!" he cried out in desperation, getting off of Hollie.

"Not Hollie!" he pleaded.

"Our connection to the planet is going haywire!" he told the mage, as he started to erect his own walls of vines to try and stall his lover.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 08:32:52 )

Hollie hit the floor, on her back, hard. It knocked the air out of her lungs, and while she was strunggling to learn how to breathe again, Andrew said what he did.

"Wh-what?" She asked after a moment or two, not entirely sure what it was that she was supposed to make of that, precisely. What in the nine realms of hell could be affecting a draydins connection to the planet? She didn't know of anything that could do that, aside from maybe the planet itself, but she couldn't reasonably come up with a reason for that.

"Wait, no. Seriously. What?" She asked. "What the hell is it that you mean by that? That can't be possible, I'm sure." As she was asking him those questions, she realised that the distraction wasn't exactly a good thing, sos he used her mana as best she could to boost his, give him a bit more fortitude, so to speak, at this point.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 08:51:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

They could feel Anna behind the vines... and she was not happy, to say the least. Hollie had never seen her or heard her this irate, this violent before. It was... frightening, actually.

"I meant what I said!" Andrew replied, putting his hands on the floor to try and maintain the vines... even though they could start to see them rotting away from Anna's mana.

"We're connected to the planet, and the planet seems to be unstable!" he told her.

"Making US unstable!" he went on.

"What about your calming mana?" Hollie asked. "Shouldn't it be working on her to calm her down?" she asked further.

"...it IS calming her down." Andrew told her, his tone dead serious.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 08:55:57 )

Anna was just repeatedly throwing anything and everything that she could think of at the vine barrier that Andrew had erected around the pair of them. Hollie didn't know what it was that she was supposed to make of this, especially with Andrews proclamation of jow this was the calmer version.

If nothing else, that was extremely concerning. The fact that the planet itself was unstable as it was, was alarming. She hadn't ever thought something of that sort Could even happen, never mind what kind of effects it would have possibly had.

"... Are you worried for your lives?" She then asked, her voice serious with her inquiry. She'd knock them both out in thr one way she was sure would work without fail if he was.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 09:04:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Andrew was silent for a moment.

"...kind of." he said.

"It's... it's one of the reasons that Anna is as violent and angry as she is." he told her, as the throwing got more violent, and the screaming got more intense.

"When I say the planet is unstable, it's... it's almost like something wrong with the c-" he started to say further, before a thorny vine suddenly emerged from the floor beneath them, impaling Andrew through his side, and slashing at Hollie's torso, as she was standing close to him.

"AGH!" Andrew cried out in pain, as his concentration waned, and the vines started to weaken and wiggle, losing their structural integrity.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 09:08:46 )

Hollie let out a cry of surprise, not even pain so much, when she was slashed. She didn't notice the hole in her shirt, nor did she even register the blood that was coming from the fresh open wound. Anna's vines were sharp, almost as sharp as swords if she wanted the to be.

Instead, Hollie reaction was to first, call Rene.

"Draydin residence. In three minutes, no longer." was all she said after he'd answered before hanging up. The next person she called was Hal.

"I apologise, but I wish Anna and Andrew were rendered unconscious immediately, Andrew was put into a stasis until he can be tended to, and that I was back with you." She said once he'd answered.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 09:27:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent for only a moment... not even 2 seconds, before he snapped his fingers.

"Done." he said.

At the same instant that he did that, Anna burst through the weakened vine wall, and she looked ready to tear Hollie limb from limb. However, just as she was about to crash into the mage, Hollie saw her fall unconscious, and she disappeared from where she was, appearing in the den she had just been in.

She knew that back at the house, from what she had seen, Anna would, indeed, be unconscious. Out cold.

And so was Andrew. To which she then really and truly recalled how he was covered with cuts, gashes, bruises, and it even looked like there were places where Anna had used her rotting ability on him... however, those looked to be shallow and superficial, thank heavens.

Still didn't change the fact that he looked like the victim of a brutal assault. But the stasis would help, at least.

"What the hell HAPPENED!?" Hal exclaimed when he saw her, and the wound she'd received.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 13:21:01 )

Hollie was silent for a few seconds before it actually registered that she was back somewhere safe.

"What happened? Nothing good." She answered with a light sigh, still not realising that she was bleeding, and pretty well at that.

"I called Anna's cousin to get there and check them over after that wish." She added before siging and making her way over to the couch again. She grabbed her staff with a sigh.

"I need to go. Apparently their connection with the Earth is.... not good." She told him simply.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 22:42:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." again, Hal was silent.

"Yes. You DO need to go." he told her. "To the hospital." he said further.

"Look at what those damn savages did to you." he then growled, pointing at her torso... before he then paused, and looked away a little, a puzzled expression on his face now.

It seemed he had a moment where he'd thought 'why did I just say that?'

However, he shook his head a little, and looked back at her.

"Hollie, you're bleeding. Badly." he said. "If that's not tended to, you may very well bleed to death." he went on. "From what you've told me, and from what I've seen of draydins, the wounds they inflict are more often than not more than what meets the eye."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 00:12:58 )

Hollie paused before looking to her torso to see the mess of blood that was there.

"I..." She started, sighing heavily.

"Firstly, savages? Really? One could say the same about you. Secondly, I concede your point about needing to get this tended to." She told him honestly.

"Thirdly, My usual go to is currently tending to the draydins. Know anyone that can make sure this is ok, and probably stitch it up, that has discretion? Obviously, don't want it to get out... my brother would not take it well"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 00:33:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just sighed.

"We can talk about my comment later." he said.

"For now, yes, you need medical help." he went on, rising to his feet.

"And I do. My own head medic, Angela, and her team will be able to mend you pretty quickly." he assured her. "Maybe not as fast as your regular doctor, but their record speaks for itself." he continued.

"As for discretion, all those that work there are under STRICT confidentiality agreements." he then stressed. "I can mana us there directly, and less people will see you through the hallways and corridors." he added, before thinking about it.

"...even better, I'm texting Angela and asking her to reserve a room for us to teleport right in, so NOBODY sees you, except those that tend to you." he then said, taking his phone out and sending the request text.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 00:43:57 )

Hollie nodded. "Yeah... ok." She agreed.

"Just... now I'm starting to feel it. Damn." she added after a moment or two, putting a bit more weight on her staff than she had been before.

"I'm... going to head somewhere that I won't ruin the carpeting with blood drips." With that, she started making her way off to where there was tile - more specifically, the kitchen - and much easier to clean as Angela responded to Hal's text.

Yeah, I can get there. For now, what is it that happened? What kind of injury? I'm not there right now, but if you fill me in then I can tell you proper first aid.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 01:05:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just cursed at the response, and called her.

"Yeah, hello." he said when she answered.

"Looks like a slashing wound across her torso, which may or may not have additional effects in it." he told her.

"Hard to tell when dealing with draydins." he muttered.

"So yeah, some advice on first aid would be greatly appreciated, and the faster, the better." he continued.

"She's losing energy and strength as we speak."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/27 01:11:18 )

Angela was silent as she directed Hal as to how to do what was needed, in order to ensure Hollie's survival as she made her way through the house to where she'd last seen Zeke. She hoped he hadn't left or anything.

"Repeat it back to me." She told Hal after a second, after finishing what it was that she'd needed to tell him. After he did, with no errors, she sighed.

"Good. Take care of her. I'll have a room for you within three minutes." She then said before ending the call as she'd found Zeke.

"I need a lift to the Unit. Now, please." She then said, tying her hair back as she spoke.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.