Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Chaotic Nature

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 07:50:17 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent shook his head.

"They are fascinating at times, though." he told her.

"Come on, then." he said, as they made their way to his study, and she sat down in one of the couches.

"I'll get the books." he said.

"Would you care for some tea?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 08:24:24 )

Hollie was silent for a moment.

".... Honestly? That'd be locely." She answered after a moment or two.

"Reasonably sure that I've got a lot of time ahead of me, really." She added with a sigh, knowing that there was a lot to get through.

"How are the Fyrane's? I'm guessing their mana isn't doing so hot." She then asked

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 08:56:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent stopped when he heard that.

"I... hang on, I need to make a phone call." he told her.

And he did so, the home phone of the Fyrane manor rang, and it was answered by none other than Casey.

"Casey, it's Vincent." Vincent said when she answered.

"How are you all doing there?" he asked.

"...specifically, Lindsay and Ash." he then clarified.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 09:01:56 )

The phone had rung til the voicemail, but Vincent had called back.

A couple of times, at that.

"We're alive. Mostly." Casey answered.

"I feel like I'm on the brink of death, Lindsay is in constant pain, and Ash isn't feeling good either. No one has heard from Ashleigh for a couple days." She said, answering his question.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 09:28:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I see." Vincent responded.

"That's very worrisome." he said.

"Especially Ashleigh-" he went on, before a cry of pain roared through the house.

"...good heavens." he mumbled.

"Lindsay sounds like he's dying." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 13:38:13 )

Casey sighed as Vincent said waht he did.

"I know." She told him.

"Worst part, is that he won't accept death. Says he's reasonably certain that he wouldn't be able to revive." She continued.

"There's ... something going on, and overall? We ain't faring too brilliantly over here."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 00:40:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...that is even MORE worrisome." Vincent mumbled.

"For him to be so sure of that... and while he's naïve, he's not foolish with his assumptions. And he knows his own body better than anyone else." he continued. "...well... Zeria, arguably, but that's semantics." he then muttered.

"But yes, I know something's going on." he told her.

"Hollie and I are in the process of researching possible causes, and therefore solutions." he continued.

"Well work as quickly as we possibly can." he then assured her, and Casey could hear the concern and worry in his tone. She knew what it was, too. He was worried about her, and how she said she felt. He viewed her and her sister as adoptive daughters, and to hear such a thing was happening concerned him greatly, and strengthened his resolve to do something to help.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 00:42:33 )

"Yeah... Ash is at Lux going through any and all of everything there to see if there's anything that can help anyone." Casey commented with a sigh.

"Along with try and track Ashleigh down." She then said.

"So... hopefully he'll find something too. Just... anything."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 01:19:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent was silent once more, wanting desperately to comment on how horrible Casey sounded... but he decided against it. He was sure Casey knew just how bad she sounded, and didn't need to be reminded of it.

"I hope he does." he said.

"Or that Hollie and I do." he added.

"Just keep hoping, and keep the faith alive." he told her.

"I promise, we'll do everything we can in our power to stop whatever's happening." he vowed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 01:20:45 )

Casey just sighed, heavily, as there was another cry of pain that wracked through the receiver.

".... I should go make sure he's ok." She commented.

"I'll call you if I find anything, hey?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 01:43:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"You do that." Vincent replied.

"I'll do the same." he told her, before they ended the call and he hung up.

"..." he was then silent as he started to make the tea up for him and his sister.

"The answer to your query is 'not very well at all'." he said to Hollie. "Ash is suppressing frightening amounts of mana that threaten to go wild, while researching all he can at Candentus Lux, Lindsay is in a constant state of pain, and is reasonably certain that if he dies, he's not coming back, Casey herself said she's walking the very precipice of life and death... and Ashleigh is just straight-up missing." he reported.

"So... things aren't good there, at all." he summarised, as he brought the tray over with the kettle of boiling water, some mugs, the tea itself, and various additions. He set it down before her, and sighed.

"I'm going to find the books." he said.

"I'll look in one, you can search through the other."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 01:46:53 )

Hollie just sighed heavily as Vincent gave her that update.

"That... is a bit on the horrifying side." she commented.

"Although, with Lindsay... it makes me wonder how the other phoenixes on the planet are doing. Certainly they aren't faring well either." She added with a shake of her head.

"Anyhow, grab the books... we need to try and find anythin we can regarding this."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 02:08:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent paused and thought for a moment.

"...that is a very good question." he said. "One I don't have the answer to." he admitted, before he quickly made his way through his book cases and shelves, coming back in about 5 minutes with two thick tomes.

"All right." he muttered.

"Which one do you want to scan through?" he asked.

"The one about prophecies and premonitions, or the one about recorded religion and mythology?" he inquired, sitting down beside her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 02:14:46 )

"Prophecies. They can be hard to decipher unless you've been trained." Hollie answered honestly, and it was something that Vincent was well aware of.

"... I repeatedly forget you have this book, too. I swear it used to be in the Council's library..." She added with a chuckle as he handed it to her.

---

She was pacing, had been for the past few hours, the length of the den in her house. She had everything locked, closed up. The windows were closed and the blinds were drawn, the doors were closed and locked. She knew she was a hazard at the moment, so was trying to avoid anything happening.

"Fuck it." She growled before stopping her pacing.

"Whatever reaper is near here, we need to speak!" She called into the air, knowing no one would have heard her, aside form those on another plane.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 02:33:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, yeah." Vincent replied. "That's true." he said. "I HAVE had it for a few decades now." he remembered, thinking about it a little, trying to remember the reason for the shift.

"...can't remember why, exactly, but I think it was reasoned that it's actually safer here, or it was deemed to be not worthy to take up space in the Council's library, so you just gave it to me to avoid pointless arguing." he muttered.

"Regardless, let's see what we can find." he finished.

---

She was met with silence after she called into the air. So she did it again.

And again. And again. And again.

Until, finally, she saw a VERY familiar reaper with short red hair appear before her.

"....yes?" Gregory asked, sounding annoyed and exasperated.

"Kinda super busy right now, what's happening?" he asked her further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 02:42:47 )

She watched him form ahead of her before sighing.

"I know you are, Gregory." She started before running a hand through her navy hair.

"And I am sorry to bother you, but I need help." She then said before holding a finger to stop the exasperation that she was sure to come.

"I feel like I'm about to lose my shit, and I really don't think you guys want more work... is there ANY chance at all that you can help?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 03:13:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"No." Gregory responded quickly. It was blunt, it was curt, and it was almost rude. However, before she could comment on it, he continued.

"You may be reaper-adjacent, but you're NOT a reaper. You're a fae. You're not dead. You're alive." he told her. "We the reapers have NO dominion over you. We cannot interfere with you. And if I were to use my scythe on you, it would backfire and send me to Hell." he went on.

"The reapers are literally powerless to stop you." he continued.

"However." he then said quickly. "There IS one that can help you. One that has dominion over us reapers, you, dominion over death... and that is Death, himself. Jack." he revealed.

"However... we don't go to him, HE comes to US." he then sighed.

"That being said, if you managed to channel your instincts, your mana, your power... and focus it on HIM... he may just come to you, even if because he won't be able to ignore you, and show up just to stop you from proverbially screaming at him constantly." he revealed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 03:18:09 )

She sighed, heavily.

"I was hoping that you could have helped." She admitted.

"But... honestly? Even if it takes awhile, ahving something direct to focus on would actually bea good thing." She added.

"Because... I can't. This is too much for me. It's taking everything I have at the moment to stay sane and not return to what I was before." She paused here because meeting Gregory's gaze.

"thank you.... now get lost. I know you're busy."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 03:49:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Before I go." Gregory said, before waving his hand at her. As he did so, a black prism appeared in the air before her, which she instinctively caught when it started to fall to the floor.

"Use that." he told her.

"Hold it when you try to 'contact' him." he went on.

"It's what we reapers use when we need to get ahold of him." he went on. "Essentially, it'll act like a megaphone for you to 'shout' into, and it'll amplify your 'call'." he explained.

"If we can't go to him, the least we can do is make it so he HAS to come to use to stop bugging him." he finished.

He then disappeared in a puff of inky darkness, leaving her alone once more.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 03:55:04 )

Gregory was gone before she could say anything.

"Thank you, Gregory." She said quietly before sighing and looking to the prism in her hand. She'd definitely use it to do what was needed, as she didn't know how well she could hold back otherwise.

---

She was in her office, trying to keep the room from spinning too much. She had no idea what was going on, but knew that this wasn't good.

She, blindly because she had her head on her arms, on her desk, reached for her phone and felt the buttons to get it off the base, put it on speaker, and hit speedial. She didn't know who it was she called, but she knew that there was no way she could even get to her feet for the moment. She was far too dizzy... and that was understating it, even.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.