Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk That one person...

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 12:42:12 )
Ever had that one person who, for some reason and in one way or another, dominates / takes over your life? It can be as literal as someone who is physically and emotionally controlling on purpose, or it can be as figurative as constantly and uncontrollably thinking about someone throughout the day. And I'm not really talking about "ahhh I'm in love with this person and I can't stop thinking about them" kind of infatuation. It's more so a thing of, "I can't stand you, I might not even have a good reason but I just can't stand you" but I also don't know why, and that bothers me. (Okay, in this case it's pride. That's why. c':) Even more unfairly, there's always the chance that the person has no idea that they're rubbing you the wrong way, and are doing nothing on purpose to spite you.

If you've ever had a person like this in your life, how did / do you cope? Did you ever confront them? Do you handle confrontation well? I certainly don't, and would more often rather chew my fingers off than get into an altercation or start drama.

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 13:10:12 )
I tell them flat out they are bugging me. If I don't, why should I expect it to change? If I value our friendship, I want them to know they are bugging me, and I would hope that after, they knock it off before I get sick enough of them and expell them from my life.

I honestly believe that nothing changes unless you make an initiative for change.

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 22:45:42 )
That's very true, and an important thing which I've neglected for most of my life to this point. Being really de-personalised through my childhood and teen years, it took me a long time to realise that I'm a "valid game piece" so to speak and will have to make my own moves to get anywhere. Never considered my upbringing to be "sheltered" (liberal parental use of alcohol and drugs abound!) until I tried to function in the real world. Lol.

Thank you for your input, though. I've been thinking about confronting this person for some time. But I'm also wondering if I should just try to separate myself from them for a while, and try to let go of whatever hang-up I have.
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie — Burnt Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 07:44:39 )
Yeah, someone i worked with but it was hard. He got better though. But it was hard to say anything because it would turn into arguments or revenge basically. So I never really said anything

Voltie — He/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/30 01:32:24 )
My mom. Every time I try to pull away from her she finds some way back in... recently she's been trying to demand I tell her a very personal secret and has been calling me selfish for not telling it to her. I was doing great up until my Birthday, when she messed me up all over again...
Gender Fluid (He/they) | Asexual | Married | Jewish
❤Elithiya~!❤
Art Shop

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/4 15:36:24 )
Yeah my best friend is kind of like that and sometimes it wears me down and I get short with him but you know what? Nobody is ever there for me like he is when times get rough so for me it's worth it. Plus we've been friends so long that now when he gets too overbearing I just back off and he gets the hint. XD

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.