Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Natures Come Forth...

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 04:38:26 )

Jasmine, who had been about to reply, just froze for a few seconds.

"The hell...?" She muttered before looking toward the door, as that was the direction she was reasonably certain she heard.... whatever it was taht she was hearing, coming from. She shook her head, rather violently, before looking back to Hal.

"Those." She said, referring to the gems.

"My sister brought them to my bar."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 04:59:06 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"...I see." Hal mumbled.

"That is... disturbing." he said.

"I certainly hope that she is... well, being dealt with, if necessary." he commented, before looking at her oddly.

"Also, are you all right?" he asked.

"You seem... confused and distracted." he commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 05:04:40 )

"I told Marc to keep her home for the moment." Jasmine said simply before glancing to the door again.

"As it's something that I wanted to do what I can with them here first, before anything more was..." She continued, or at least tried to.

"I..." She started, attempting, again, to say anything, but found herself having more and more difficulty with it. She brought her hands up to her head, seeming to be having a hard time with something, before the door opened. When it did, she basically froze as whatever was going on overloaded her circuits for the moment.

"Sir, Mr. Hughes is here and insisting to speak with you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 05:26:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal looked over towards the receptionist for a moment, then towards Jasmine, and after a few seconds, he seemed to start piecing some things together.

"Shut the door." he told the receptionist.

"Tell him I'll buzz him in a minute." he told her.

She nodded and just as she was about to shut the door, Levi forced his head in.

"Sir, we may be under some kind of attack!" he declared.

"Levi, please!" Hal responded sharply, gesturing to Jasmine. Levi was silent for a second, before looking EXTREMELY guilty and withdrawing, allowing the receptionist to close the door.

Hal then reached into a desk drawer and withdrew a pair of strange looking earplugs.

"Put these in. Now." he told Jasmine, handing them to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 05:34:38 )

Jasmine didn't seem to be react, but did accept the earplugs. It was purely automatic.

It didn't take long, only about a minute, after she put them in that he heard one hell of a breath of relief from her as everything about her seemed to relax.

"I..." She started before meeting Hal's gaze.

"Ok. What. The fuck. Was THAT!?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 05:54:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just sighed quietly.

"Best HE explain it." he said, before buzzing the receptionist.

"Send him in." he told her.

About 10 seconds later, the door was opened, and Levi poked his head in reluctantly, hesitantly.

"It's fine now." Hal assured him. "Come in and sit down." he said.

Levi did so, shutting the door behind him, and looked at Jasmine.

"S-sorry if you heard them..." he apologised.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 05:59:13 )

Jasmine just turned to Levi, an almost critical expression on her face.

"... them?" She asked, her voice harsh before she froze a moment.

"... Oh for the love of.... you poor unlucky soul." She then said a couple of seconds later.

"You're a conduit, aren't you?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 06:15:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi just sighed and nodded.

"Yeah." he replied.

"A damn good one." Hal commented. "One of the most talented we've seen." he said further.

"Always been this way, from what I remember." Levi then told her.

"And yeah... it's... it clear you know how good of a one I am." he then murmured, looking away from her a little.

"But... well... I deal. I cope."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 06:20:45 )

Jasmine just shook her head.

"You're doing better than me." She commented.

"I really don't think I have the brain capacity to even hope to attempt to cope with that." She added.

"Pretty sure that even with these and not really hearing them," she started, motioning to the earplugs she had in her ears now, "I'm still dancing on the edge of sanity."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 06:40:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'm so sorry." Levi apologised again.

"All right, all right." Hal said. "Now what's this about an attack?" he asked.

"I... something foreign entered my body." Levi responded, remembering why he was there in the first place. "I've always been a... well, a scared, nervous, paranoid person. But ever since finding this place and the people within, I've been getting better at it." he continued. "However... recently... it seemed like something entered my body and was forcing that part of me to come out to the surface, and... amplify it." he went on.

Hal just narrowed his eyes as he heard that.

"It got to the point where I was starting to freak out over anything and everything, but... they stepped in and essentially cleansed my body of it, ridding me of whatever it was." Levi then said.

"Hence the incident a few days ago." Hal commented.

"Yeah..." Levi confirmed.

Hal then looked at Jasmine, allowing her to have any sort of commentary, if she had anything to say.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 06:46:22 )

Jasmine just sighed, heavily.

"Let me guess, you recently went to an occult shop by the name of 'Your Secret Room'." She said before looking to Hal.

"My sister runs the place. She's the one who brought the gems to me." She then said.

"... I don't think she was entirely aware, though, of what was going on."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 07:07:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Gems?" Levi asked, before shaking his head.

"A-anyway, yeah. Yeah, I did." he said. "I went to pick up an order for Ally, and while I was there, I was going to buy a book from the place." he told them. "When I got it, I saw a weird blue gem that looked like a sapphire, and figured it was supposed to be where the jewelry was." he went on. "When I picked it up, it seemed to just shatter and disappear and dissolve, so I thought I broke it." he continued.

"But the woman there said she didn't know what it was, and then said that... well, as a first-time customer deal, or because Ally's order was decently priced, I could take the book as a gift of sorts, and... well, looking back on it, it seemed like she really just wanted me to leave." he finished.

"Possibly to investigate the gems." Hal commented, before looking back at Jasmine.

"It DOES seem like your sister is complicit in this, though her willingness is suspect." he concluded.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 07:12:38 )

Jasmine just sighed, heavily.

"Look, Abby probably believes she was involved, but I know she wasn't." She commented.

"There are things I've heard, for instance." she continued. "But that aside, I know my sister. We're hunters, but not morons. We actually don't have an issue with a place like this, or people that would be here. Most of the patrons at my bar work here, for that matter." She was defensive, and she knew it, but her sister was on the line here... and she would not let them take her without a fight.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 07:32:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just sighed.

"I'm not saying your sister is guilty." he told her.

"The fact that she came to you and..." he started to say further, before realising who this Marc may be. "...to you and Marcus..." he went on, taking a bit of a shot in the dark. "...and how she shooed Levi away when she saw what had happened with the gem is already saying a lot for her." he assured her.

"We don't intend to take her in or persecute her for things that aren't her fault." he went on.

"That's not what we do." he said.

"...I can testify to her being genuinely shocked and concerned about the presence of the gem." Levi interjected.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 07:36:05 )

Jasmine paused. She'd been about to say something more before he mentioned about Marcus.

".... good guess." was all she said. "Yes, Marc is Marcus." She added

"And you don't want to actually get her in trouble? ... good. I don't want to deal with this either, but we take care of our own."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 07:57:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I know." Hal responded.

"Wait..." Levi then said.

"Yes?" Hal asked.

"Hunters? You and the woman that run that shop are hunters? And sisters?" he asked Jasmine.

Hal just chuckled silently at Levi's delay in his realisation. He guessed Levi was a bit tunnel-visioned and overly focused on what he'd had to say.

But rather than say anything, or make too many statements about what Jasmine said about 'taking care of their own' or confirming it was Marcus, he decided to let her answer Levi first.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 08:01:52 )

Jasmine just sighed.

"How else do you think I was able to identify that you're a conduit?" She asked Levi plainly as she looked over to him.

"Or hear the noise that they put out?" She asked

"Speaking of. How the hell do you remain sane?" She asked. "Because even with these things, I'm finding that a task and a half. I assume it won't be so bad once I'm off the property and can just... go chill, but still. valid question"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 08:30:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi was silent again, some questions filling his OWN mind, but she was the first to ask, so he would answer.

"Oh, I have protection." he told her.

"It's all right, you can be more specific." Hal assured him.

"A... well... a circle, or 'ring' of souls." Levi then told Jasmine. "They act as a sort of barrier to their 'voices', and help me drown them out." he explained further.

"...unless I'm having a bad day." he then said. "Then... well... they won't be ignored." he sighed.

"But how can YOU hear them?" he asked.

"Just because you're a hunter, doesn't mean you should be able to hear them, especially since you're not... well... connected to them, via mana or anything."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 08:32:09 )

Jasmine just sighed.

"My ears are.... stupid good." Was what she responded with.

"Seriously. I don't hear mana, I hear everything. Within a distance I don't even know." She added. "I can tune most stuff out, focus on things of my own choice, but that? ..... that I had no hope with ignoring."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 08:45:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh... oh, wow." Levi mumbled.

"Hence why those earplugs don't fully block them out." he said.

"Exactly." Hal commented. "Izea can hear mana, so those are tailored specifically for her, and I keep backups just in case." he said. "While they're not a 100% solution, I figured they'd at least help." he reasoned.

"That's fair..." Levi admitted.

"Anyway, is there anything else, Levi?" Hal asked.

"No... no, I told you what I needed to." Levi responded. "I'll be going now." he said further, looking to Jasmine again.

"Sorry once again." he apologised once more.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.