Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Natures Come Forth...

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 02:15:45 )

Jasmine looked over as she heard his voice.

"Hey there." she said. "I'll be with you in a second." She added before finishing up with the drink she was making and taking it over to the one that had ordered it. He was able to watch how she was so in tune with the bar and how it worked, that she was making drinks,d elivering them, and having small conversations with the patrons at a stupidly effective rate. It took her a couple of minutes, before she made her way over to where he'd taken a seat.

"What can I get ya?" She asked.

"One of the last drinks of the night, too." She added with a chuckle.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 02:33:17 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal smiled a little.

"What can you get me?" he asked.

"Primarily speaking, a moment of your attention." he told her. "I'd like to speak with you about a possible official position at the Unit." he revealed to her.

"As for a drink, whatever the house recommends." he then added.

"I'm sure this place has drinks that they're famous for, or do exceptionally well." he reasoned. "Give me your best, or most popular."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 02:35:20 )

Jasmine paused before sighing.

"Aight." She said simply before holding up a finger and heading down to the cash. She grabbed something from a drawer beneath it and brought i tback, setting it down.

"You got something to read and sign then." She added.

"Unless you want to rescind that. Our most popular, best, and what we're famous for has a high chance of causing alcohol poisining right quick. It's also stupidly tasty." She told him as she set a pen down as well.

"But it means that I gotta get everyone who wants one to sign a waiver."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 02:48:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal scanned through the paper, reading it over, and then, without hesitation, signed it.

"Done." he said.

"Let me see what this mythical drink is all about." he chuckled.

"And as for what I wish to speak about, it may be best done in private." he then said.

"So whether it's after you close, or at a later date, please let me know. If you're willing to hear me out."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 02:52:59 )

"Stick around after everyone clears out, then." Jasmine said simply.

"And I'll be back in a couple of minutes." She added with an almost devilish smirk.

"Even one such as you will likely feel this." With that, she headed off to mix the drink in question, leaving him wondering what the hellit was that he'd ordered. Sure enough, a couple of minutes later she returned, a rather modest glass in her hands. It was chilled, and she was carrying it on a coaster.

"Liquid Nitrogen to chill it." She told him simply as she set it down in front of him.

"And dry ice in the bottom." She added, to explain the bubbling he could see - and hear.

"And one last warning - I've been told is super sweet. I blame the woman who created it for me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 03:08:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal nodded in response, looking at the drink and sensing something... familiar... about it. He then shrugged and picked up the glass, downing a decent portion of it. Immediately, she saw him wince, before he swallowed what he'd taken.

"Whoo!" he exclaimed.

"That IS super sweet." he agreed, before pausing.

"Wait..." he said, taking a smaller drink and smacking his lips slightly.

"Wait, I KNEW this seemed familiar." he commented, before looking at Jasmine.

"I didn't know Kiah worked with you." he said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 03:10:00 )

"Well... no." Jasmine commented as she leaned her weight on her elbows, atop the bar.

"More like... I buy some drink mixes form her, and let her text her things here." She added.

"Gets me good business, so why not?" She asked with a laugh.

"And yeah, I tried to curb the sugar, but ... that's just a vile result. Apparently that thing is all or nothing for the sweet factor, annoyingly so."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 03:25:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ahhh, I see, I see." Hal responded.

"And yes, poor Ilias was a test subject for the... previous, less-sweet versions of the drink." he told her. "I sampled it when she felt she had it completed, as alcohol poisoning... really isn't an issue for me." he muttered, taking another drink.

"Once you get used to it, it's not so bad." he then commented.

"At any rate, I'll stick around here until you shoo the rest of the people out." he told her.

"...though they may leave without a fuss, if any have given you trouble before." he went on.

"Their boss IS here, after all." he laughed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 03:27:49 )

Jasmine paused.

"Every single time that her and Ilias are here, she's trying to get him to try some new concoction that she gives me the recipe for." She commented.

"It's... both amusing, and sad." She added.

"And nah, people are usually pretty chill with leaving. Barring the odd bar fight that might be about to start and whatnot." She added honestly as she looked around.

"Anyway, I'll be back. Gonna go make sure to tend to what needs to be dealt with and whatnot."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 03:40:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal nodded again.

"He willingly does it, though." he said. "Guess because of what he is, he just has a stronger constitution for that sort of thing." he shrugged.

"And fair enough, you go and do what needs to be done." he told her.

He then took another drink and looked around the place. It seemed like it was nice. Friendly atmosphere, décor was good... he could see why so many of his employees liked it here.

He also wondered if she would get her Marcus to join them for the discussion... and if it truly was the Marcus he was thinking it was.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 03:43:55 )

Jasmine finished up what she was needed to do, made sure to mark the place as closed, before making her way back over to Hal.

"All right." She said. "What's up?" Her voice was curious, and she sounded far more friendly and cheery than when he'd actually met her.

"What can I do for ya?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 04:04:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'd like to offer you a position at the Unit." Hal told her.

"And no, it doesn't mean abandoning your job HERE." he then assured her. "I'd like to hire you on as an official informant." he said. "Meaning you can come to us with tips you hear, or you'll be asked to be on the lookout for information and such, and will be properly reimbursed for it." he explained.

"Knowledge is power. Knowing is half the battle, all that." he went on.

"It should properly be compensated for." he reasoned.

"Think you're up for it?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 04:11:00 )

Jasmine paused as Hal made his offer.

".... There's never any sort of guarantee I WILL hear something of use though." She commented.

"I hear a lot, but most of it is drunk chatter about how hot the bartenders may be." She added before chuckling. "To be fair, when Blair IS working, he's quite a cutie."

"Shame he's only here on weekends. I'm sure I'd get a lot more business if he was more commonly here."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 04:30:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...eh?" Hal muttered.

"Ah, well, firstly, it's why you'd only be paid per info." he told her. "Sort of like a commission-based job, but without minimum goals." he said. "And like being paid for being a tipster." he continued.

"Think of it as merely supplementary income." he suggested.

"You don't have to, it's merely an offer." he went on.

"And Blair...? That name sounds familiar..." he then said further.

"An employee of mine, Evan, has a lover named Blair." he recalled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 04:33:10 )

"Convenient." Jasmine commented with a laugh.

"Doubt we're thinking of the same though. The one who work here, he's gonna be proposing in a bit, has been asking me for help with ring funds. He's goin' big and gonna get them custom made and ordered." She added.

"Anyway, that's aside... yeah. I can definitely pass on anything I might happen to hear. That isn't an issue at all." She paused a moment before shrugging.

"It'd basically go to you or Marc, I think."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 04:54:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Probably not." Hal agreed. "That would be FAR too coincidental." he chuckled.

"Also, hope it goes well for him. Sounds like he's going all-out, so it deserves to go well." he reasoned.

He then paused, and sighed.

It seemed like this Marc/Marcus wasn't going to show up, and she wasn't going to get him for this.

"All right, I need to ask." he told her.

"This Marc. Or Marcus. Is it Marcus McCormick?" he asked her outright.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 05:01:07 )

"Mmm?" Jasmine asked before chuckling.

"It is, yeah. Why?" She asked.

"Do you know him?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 05:20:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I do." Hal responded.

"He's an old drinking buddy of mine." he told her.

"Nice guy. Shame he blames himself for his past when he shouldn't." he then lamented.

"Nice to see he's finally found someone. Maybe that means he's moving on and has decided he's actually worthy of happiness." he commented further, before snapping his fingers.

"Oh, and my R&D team synthesised a counteragent for those gems." he then told her.

"All my affected agents have reverted back to who they usually are." he declared.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 05:35:06 )

Jasmine paused as Hal said what he did at the end.

"Good.... just... just good." She said with a light sigh.

"The last thing I wanted was MORE animosity to be created between hunters and non." She said with a heavy sigh.

"I'm happy to have been able to help." She added.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/26 05:55:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Thank you for helping." Hal responded.

"Is your sister all right?" he asked. "From what you told me, she was just as much of a victim in this as anyone else." he reasoned.

Before she could answer, they heard the back door to the bar open.

"Jasmine?" Marcus called out. "Hey, you still-" he started to ask, before there was a pause.

"Heh. I think Marcus has my scent." Hal told her.

"I'll go and meet him." he said. "And perhaps we can all share a drink." he finished with a smile.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.