Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Natures Come Forth...

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 08:39:06 )

"I'm sure it'll help with information. As far as I know, the woman who wrote it was the last conduit that was known to have connected with them." Abigail told him. "So there are some... rather personal details in there, and a lot of it will be hard to believe."

"If you know nothing about what you're getting into, in regards to the book, there will be alot that you have a hard time believe." She added before sighing mentally.

'course, I can tell you've contacted them. she thought as she leaned forward, her elbows on the counter as she watched him head over to grab the book.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 09:01:57 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi gingerly grabbed the book, but paused as he noticed something.

"...huh?" he mumbled, seeing what looked to be a blue gem there.

'...this doesn't look like it should be here...' he thought, as he reached towards it and picked it up with his fingers.

"Hey, this looks like it should be with your jewelry." he commented, taking it off the shelf... just for it to crumble in his fingers and turn to dust that dissipated as it fell to the floor.

"Sorry!" he quickly apologised.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to break it!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 09:09:01 )

Abigail was silent for a moment before making her way over and grabbing his hand, the one that she'd seen the gem in. She checked it over before sighing and letting it go.

"It's ok." she said. "I... don't know what that was." She added after a moment or two as she looked around, seeing a couple of others that were on a nearby shelf. Immediately, Levi could sense the almost distrust,but couldn't identify what it was toward.

"Anyway, feel free to take the book." She said as she headed back to the counter and grabbed the box for him to take with him, Ally's order.

"No charge." She added, kind of just trying to get him out of her store, so she could look into that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 09:26:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi seemed to be genuinely shocked and surprised at that.

"Are... are you sure?" he asked.

"Your friend got a good-sized order. Think of it as a complementary addition, or perhaps a 'first order' bonus." Abigail responded with a small smile.

"Oh... well... a-all right then." Levi replied.

"Thank you very much." he told her.

He then made his way to the door and stepped outside, looking back at her and waving as best he could, before walking away.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 13:50:57 )

As he left, Abigail approached where the others were and just sighed as she looked to them.

"... what the hell are you?" She wondered, knowing they wouldn't answer her. However, she also knew that it was something that had to be figured out, somehow.

She didn't know who she could ask for help though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 22:55:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sometime after Levi had picked up Ally's order, the two of them were working in their Unit department... but Ally had noticed something was... off... about Levi. And it was concerning her.

It didn't seem like they were taking hold of him again, thankfully... but if that were the case, at least she would have known what was happening, and would have been able to take steps to help him.

This was different.

She would notice him flinching slightly whenever someone said something close to him, even if they weren't speaking to him. His gaze jolted around erratically, and it seemed like he was just... overall nervous. Or scared. For all intents and purposes, he was acting the way he'd acted before her and the Unit had managed to help him sort his life out and realise what was happening with him.

And it was starting to affect his work, too. She knew that if this kept up, their immediate boss would take this as a chance to try and get rid of him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 00:48:46 )

Ally sighed lightly, quietly. their boss hated them being there, hated how Ally had no evidence of being valid for the Unit as she, as far as their boss would believe 'just a person', and not even a mage, and Levi just made them uncomfortable. They did not like how he was a conduit, with such a connection.

So when Ally noticed Levi being off, she just sighed. It'd been a few days that this was brewing, she had no idea why, and she couldn't let him risk his job. He was the one who wanted the journalist position, so why was he throwing it away.

At her first chance, she grabbed his arm and pulled him to a quieter area of the room, somewhere they could be a bit more private.

"Levi, what's going on?" She asked, concern in her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 01:13:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Immediately, Levi seemed to be on the defensive.

"H-huh!?" he exclaimed.

"G-going on? What do you mean?" he asked her.

"Is something wrong!?" he then asked further, growing more panicked.

"Oh no... oh no, are we being attacked?" he went on, looking around feverishly.

"Am I being fired!? Are you kicking me out!? Are you breaking up with me!?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 01:21:40 )

Ally was taken aback by Levi's outburst before shaking her head.

"Of course not!" she answered quickly.

"But... Levi, you're acting like you did when we first met." She told him honestly.

"What's going on?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 01:47:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah!... Ah, I'm sorry!" Levi exclaimed.

"No... I don't... that's..." he started to say further, before she saw something in his eyes.

His pupils were smaller, and his eyes were vibrating a little. It seemed like he was having a panic attack. An outright panic attack. But that's when she swore she saw blue rings in his eyes... before he bolted.

He didn't run very far, just to a storage room a few feet away, and shut the door behind him.

And then she felt... a massive pulse, which was steeped in THEIR presence.

It almost felt like an abomination was about to emerge from behind the closed door, before it just... vanished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 01:53:03 )

Ally was frozen for a moment before hurrying over to where Levi had vanished to. She didn't know what was going on, didn't know what the hell anything was for the moment, and certainly didn't want to deal with their boss with that pulse.

However, she saw them coming and knocked a bit more frantically.

"Boss is coming, Levi, and he ain't looking happy." She called into the room, hoping that Levi would at least open the door and answer before they were both fired. Him for 'putting the others at risk' and her for stopping working in the first place.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 02:17:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After a few agonising seconds, as the boss got closer still, the door opened and Ally saw Levi standing there, sudden horrendous bags under his eyes, and he had a small box in one hand.

"...see?" he asked, as the boss got into earshot.

"I told you I knew where the..." he went on, before looking at the box. "...paper clips were." he told her.

This was all, of course, an attempted ruse. He wanted to make it seem like she was having trouble finding something, and he found it for her.

He had no idea if it would work, but he'd hoped it would get Ally out of trouble at least.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 02:23:48 )

There was silence from their boss for a oment.

"You know I don't believe you." He stated. "Why did you pull him away so urgently?" He then asked Ally.

"Certainly not because you couldn't find the paperclips." he added. Ally was silent for a moment, not sure what to say.

"I had an epiphany regarding what we were assigned to." She answered after a moment or two, hoping that it would be enough, but also knowing that there was a decent chance it wasn't. Regardless, she had to find out what the hell that was, because that wasn't naturally.

What had happened to Levi?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 02:48:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi just nodded in response.

"Yeah... she did..." he said, suddenly sounding like he wasn't in good shape at all.

"I'm sorry..." he then apologised to their boss.

"I... haven't been... feeling good, lately. Ally's been... worried..." he continued, before he just let his arm fall, dropping the box of paper clips.

"Pulled me... away... to... tell me..." he then said further, but his strength was all gone, now.

He collapsed forward, and landed on his front, motionless.

"Someone call the medics!" one of the other employees that saw that yelled. It was no secret that everyone in the department disliked the boss, and would back each other up if something happened. And that's what was happening now.

"Oh no, Levi needs help now!" another exclaimed, before looking at the boss.

"Quickly!" they told him, knowing he was the primary one that was supposed to do it, as he had witnessed it, and it was protocol.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 02:56:53 )

The boss wasn't moving quickly so Ally, who dove down to where Levi was and quickly got him on his back, with her knees beneath his head for some support, pulled her cell out of her pocket and dialed a friends number, as she knew that he was working today.

"Nate, Levi collapsed." She said simply once he'd answered.

"Media wing, storage area. Boss is hesitating wiht call because we both know he hates Levi and me. Can you get someone here? I don't want to move Levi more than I have already."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 03:15:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate just sighed on the other end.

"Someone will be there-" he started to say, before pausing.

"MYSELF, and someone else will be there within a minute." he told her, before the call was ended.

The boss looked like he was fuming at what Ally had said, but before he could really say anything, they felt the mana of the one that had teleported themselves and Nate to the area.

"All right, what happened?" Nate asked, as the other person started to check over Levi.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 03:21:46 )

"That's just it, I don't know." Ally stated as their boss headed off, grumbling. He didn't look happy, either.

"Levi started to... I think have a panic attack, dove into here, and then collapsed." She added, not giving all the information, but that was primarily because of the fact that she wasn't sure she should right then and there.

"... I think they had a hand in it though." She added quietly. That was the most she'd say about that in the office, primarily because of the fact that she knew that others might not be so open to the idea.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 03:40:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....hm." Nate mumbled.

"I see." he said.

"Anything else? Any external injuries or anything we should know about?" he asked.

"No, I don't think so." Ally responded.

"All right, we'll take him to the medical wing." Nate told her, before pausing a moment.

"And if you start seeing any trouble from this, let me know." he whispered. "I'll tell Dr. Edwards." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 03:49:18 )

Alyssa nodded.

"I'm going to Sharp about this... there was more, but I ... don't really want to say anything more here with everyone listening." She told him honestly.

"And thank you, so much. I'll let you know." She then said with a light sigh.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 04:03:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate nodded in response.

"Got it." he said.

"Come on." he told the one that came with him, who lifted Levi up in his arms.

"Looks like he needs a little rest is all." he reasoned, before they left, with Nate waving slightly to Ally.

Once they had gone, everyone started to slowly get back to work, though there was general worry about Levi.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.