Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Natures Come Forth...

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 13:37:27 )

She was silent as she made her way down the street. She was grabbing a couple of things from one of the wiccan bookshoppes, as she needed some alchemical supplies that could only be grabbed in a smaller place like that. It wasn't something she was entirely against though, the place was nice and quiet, plus the owner was someone that she had found herself connecting with in a way that one might find surprising. Granted, that didn't mean that she told the woman what she was, although the woman was rather certain that she wasn't normal.

"Oh! Aedan, I was wondering when I would see you again." She was greeted as she stepped inside. The woman, Aedan, just chuckled.

"Hey there Abigail." Aedan said with a wave as she looked aorund.

"Bit of rearranging in here?" She then asked.

"Well, it's been a couple months since I last saw you, and I had to deal with some flooding, so I was kinda forced to rearrange." Abigail answered with a bit of a sigh, as Aedan made her way through the shop.

"What are you here for, anyway? Looking for anything in specific?" She asked. Aedan looked over before pausing a moment.

"A few things, actually." Aedan answered, appraoching the cash. "Here's the list, you happen to have any of it?" Abigail accepted the piece of paper that Aedan pased over, tyhinking as she read the list.

"I... actually, I think I have everything here." She told the teal haired woman a few seconds later.

"Wait, what? Really? I admit, I hadn't expected that." Aedan admitted, which net a chuckle from Abigail.

"I just restocked a few of these the other day, and they aren't common things people buy. Give me a few to get everything. Feel free to wander around, check out everything. Ihave some new stuff that you might be interested in for your alchemy." Aedan just nodded as abigail headed off to check for things in the back.

While Abigail was in the back and looking for things, Aedan certainly did take a look around. She found plenty of new things to add, and was rather appreciative of how she had more money than she expected the pricing to be. Then again, she was pretty used to walking out of there having bought plenty more than expected. It wasn't something hard to guess, Abigail had a tendency to have far more that she could use for her alchemy than she ever expected, and she didn't even know why she hadn't learned to expect it by that point.

As she was looking around though, the door opened, and threw something inside. By the time that Aedan looked over to the door, whatever it was ... was just sitting there.

"The hell?" She wondered before making her way over to see what it was. It was a small crystla, nothing too extreme, only about two inches tall and an inch wide. It was a gorgeous blue colour as well, almost as if it was an artificial sapphrie.

As she held it though, before she turned to see if she could find Abigail, it shattered, the fragments falling to the ground, and vanishing before they hit. Leaving Aedan extremely puzzled.

A few hours later, she made her way into the Unit, knowing that she needed to be there overnight for an alchemical thing with Ilias, as Kiah was not durable for this, while Ilias and Aedan were more so since neither were human.

As she got in there though, and walked by Peyton. It was odd that she was up so late, but not entirely or completely unheard of. Aedan froze before looking at the short girls retreating form.

"... I.." She started before shaking her head. She couldn't stop looking back over though, knowing what it waws that she was feeling, and knowing that she shouldn't have been.

Thankfully, she was able to suppress it for the moment, at least, and make her way down to the lab.

"Yo! Ilias!" She called, not even aware of how she likely sounded a bit off, a bit hungry, perhaps.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 22:42:58 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

After a bit of a pause, she saw the one she had called out to approach, his brown hair a little ruffled, and 3 of his green snakes poking out, looking around, before they seemed to fixate on her.

They moved about, twisting around each other and undulating about, but they were always keeping their eyes on her for... some reason.

"Hello, hello." Ilias responded with a smile and a wave.

"Managed to get everything?" he asked her, before pausing for a moment.

"Also... y'okay?" he then asked. "You sound a little... I dunno, like you're starting to get close to your... er... 'feeding date'." he commented.

"You can head to requisitions to get what you need before we proceed with this." he offered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 00:33:20 )

Aedan paused a moment.

"... uhh, no?" She asked in response.

"I just ate at lunch. I'm generally good for couple of days." she added after a moent or two.

"Dunno why I would sound like that." She shook her head a second later.

"And yeah, I did. I also got some extra stuff for future use." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 04:33:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias was silent for a moment, before shaking his head lightly.

"Uh... right then." he said. He was clearly still confused, but decided that it wasn't worth dwelling on. Perhaps she was just having an off day. For all he knew, he was imagining things... he HAD been working harder than usual all day.

"Anyway!" he continued.

"And extra stuff for future use?" he asked. "Awfully smart thing to do." he chuckled.

"Thanks a lot." he said further with a smile.

"Normally Kiah or I would do it, but we can't afford to be away from the lab for extended periods of time, let alone the Unit." he then sighed. "Frankly, I'll be glad when this testing is done so I can go out for something to eat."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 04:43:46 )

Aedan just laughed lightly before digging something out of the bags she had.

"Here." She said, passing it over. It was a small box.

"Not much, but I was in the area, and I know one of the places there has like... the best burgers in the city, so I got you one." She added.

"Consider that venture a thank you for helping me out with moving shit last week."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 05:04:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias sniffed the aroma coming from the box, and his eyes widened a little.

"Woah... wait, what?" he stammered.

"Is... is this from... Burger Baron?" he asked her.

Aedan just chuckled and nodded in response.

"Holy cripes!" Ilias exclaimed. "Even their basic burgers are at least 20 bucks." he commented, before opening the box and looking inside, freezing again when he saw what was in there.

"...no way..." he muttered.

"I know you said it meant a lot when I helped you move stuff, but... THIS?" he asked.

"Don't get me wrong, I will NOT refuse this for a microsecond, but... you sure?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 05:14:57 )

Aedan just laughed.

"If you don't want it, then I can give it to Jake. I'm sure he'd thoroughly enjoy this." She said with a expression and tone that (while rough and hungry sounding) honestly sounded like she was seriously considering what she'd said.

"Yeah, he hasn't had a burger from there for awhile, I'm sure he'd be thrilled to have one." all the while, she was watching him, wanting to see how he'd react.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 05:38:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias' reaction was... swift.

"NO!" he exclaimed, as he turned away from her, obscuring the burger from her vision. As he did so, ALL of his snakes were on high alert, hissing at her in a warning tone, telling her to back off.

As he looked back at her, she saw the reptile in his eyes for a brief moment, almost like he was a predator, ready to defend his catch from another carnivore.

However, that only lasted about a second, before he looked more normal, and cleared his throat.

"Er... ah, I mean, no, no! No, that's perfectly all right." he told her.

"I will happily and graciously accept this as repayment for helping you."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 05:41:15 )

Aedan just laughed.

"I figured." She commented with a shake of her head.

"No worries. I didn't intend to take it from you anyway." She told him honestly. "I just wanted to see your reaction."

"Anyway, let's do what it is that we need to tonight. I'm sure you'd like to crawl into bed with Kiah." She added with a smirk.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 06:05:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Her last comment seemed to bring Ilias fully back, as he face flushed for a moment, which led to him clearing his throat. Quite loudly.

"Ah! Well... ahem, yes, well, indeed, anyway!" he said, shifting the subject desperately.

"Come on." he told her, as the two of them started to walk deeper into the lab.

"Kiah's in lab room D. However, we need to knock before just entering." he warned. "She's working on some potentially volatile compounds, and knocking will prevent her from getting startled." he went on.

"...which, in turn, prevents something even MORE volatile from happening." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 06:20:17 )

"Makes sense." Aedan commented.

"Now, let's just do what I brought the stuff to do." She added.

---

About 10 days later, Aedan and Emerald were walking down the halls, just chatting. They hadn't really had a chance to chat for while.

"So yeah. I'll treast you to one of their burgers at some point." She said as they turned a corner.

"Since, really? they're some of the best in the city." She added with a light laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 06:41:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Emerald seemed to be intrigued and enticed by this proposition.

"Really." he said. "I admit, I've been around a lot of placed with Rylie, but I've never actually eaten very many burgers, aside from the occasional fast food one." he told her.

"So I AM curious as to what that place is li-" he started to say, before they heard commotion before them, and Aedan could sense... something. Something that was... almost heavenly to her senses.

It was at that point, a team of medics were rushing someone on a stretcher down the hallway... and it had to have been bad, if they were resorting to this, and not a mana transport. The person on the stretcher had bandages all over their head, and they were soaked with blood. It was clear that they had received an extremely serious wound to the head, and time was a factor.

"MOVE!" one of them yelled.

Emerald reacted first and stepped back against the wall, using his other arm to lightly push Aedan out of the way as well, as the team rushed by.

"...yeesh." he mumbled, seeing the injured person up close and personal for a few seconds.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 06:54:02 )

Aedan was silent as she saw them run by, not even seeming to properly realise that she'd been pushed aside, and agains the wall, for a few seconds. After they were gone, before she was even able to realise what she was doing, she started to follow, before pausing at the corner.

"I.... " She started before shaking her head, looking over to where Em was.

"... Emerald? I gotta go." She said. Normally, that'd be odd, but not necesarily an issue. However, her bloodred eyes, and the fact that she looked more dead than she had even two minutes before was alarming.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 07:25:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Emerald looked over towards Aedan, and what he saw nearly caused him to jump back, away from her. Thankfully, he managed to suppress his gut reaction enough that it merely manifested as an unconscious step back, but still.

He'd not seen her like this since... well... ever. The closest he'd seen her in such a state was the day before her monthly 'feeding requisition', but even then, her eyes were generally only pink, and she barely resembled something that was 'dead'.

But this? This was more than he'd ever seen before, and he couldn't deny it... it scared him.

"A-Aedan?" he stammered.

"I... uh... sure, yeah..." he then managed to get out.

"Are... are you all right?" he asked, gently placing his hand on her shoulder to try and comfort her, or bring her back to earth, or suppress whatever was causing this to happen to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 07:30:49 )

Aedan was silent before looking at the hand.

".... I ... I really would recommend removing your hand, Emerald." She stated, her voice grainier, but also much darker than he was used to from her.

"I need to leave, before I lash out." She then said. "Because I know you're aware of what I eat." There was a promise, a desire, to her voice, as she looked him from head to toe.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 07:50:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Emerald was almost petrified now, but he shakily did as she asked, removing his hand from her shoulder, and bringing it close to his chest, alongside his other hand. He looked at her with nervousness and fear in his expression, before taking another step back.

"O... O-k-kay." he stammered.

"Go and... and do w-whatever you need to do." he told her.

At that moment, he felt little more than prey to a predator. Less than that, even. That analogy gave some hint that he could possibly escape. He may as well have been dinner on a plate for her. A peanut that she merely needed to crack the shell of.

He put a little more distance between her, and pressed himself up against the wall again... MUCH flatter than before... so she could pass him if she so chose.

He just hoped she managed to leave before whatever was taking hold of her potentially got FULL control.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 07:57:13 )

Aedan was silent before continuing on the path. Before turning the corner she was by though, she paused.

"I'm sorry." was the last thing she said before she was gone, retreating from where he was, and quite quickly at that, leaving Emerald a quivering mess. He sank to his ass, pulled his knees up, obviosuly terrified.

And that was how he was found by someone who walked by about five minutes later.

"Emerald..?" His sisters voice echoed around him from down the hall before he heard the quick steps of her approaching.

"Yo, what happened?" She asked, helping him to his feet. "And are you ok?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 08:17:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

It seemed that Emerald didn't even acknowledge his sister's presence until she actually touched him and helped him to his feet. Once she did, though, he seemed to snap to his senses, and looked at her. He was no longer a quivering ball of nerves, but she saw that he still looked QUITE unnerved and uneasy.

"Ah... I..." he stammered.

"A-Aedan..." he said further, before his mouth seemed to go dry, and he found himself unable to speak. However, before she could really comment on that, or formulate an initial opinion, he shook his head again to try and clear himself.

He then took a small breath, before telling her everything he could; what he and Aedan had been talking about, the interruption of the patient being rushed down the hallway, how Aedan had acted, what she looked like, what she had said, and when she left.

"...she... she looked like she was ready to... to..." he continued, before finding himself unable to speak further, and shaking slightly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 08:23:51 )

She was silent as he said what he did, before pulling him in for a hug, her violet eyes seeming concerned.

"I get it." She said quietly.

"Do you want to report it? You probably should." She added. "I can go with you?" She then asked as a suggestion.

"Or do you just want to head home?" She asked after a moment or two. She could tell he was shaken, to put it lightly, after all.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 08:44:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Emerald held his sister in response, but she felt him jump a little when she asked him if he wanted to report it. She could tell the thought of it scared him... but she was wondering why.

"...is... is that a good idea...?" he asked.

"She... she didn't do anything." he said. "She... she stopped herself from doing anything. Why should she get into trouble for that?" he asked.

"It's less that, and more that maybe Agent Sharp should know, in case she needs help." his sister responded. "Who knows if she'll be able to contain it next time, if there IS one, and we don't want anyone to fall victim to that." she reasoned.

"...." Emerald was silent for a moment, before nodding slightly.

"A-all right..." he said.

"Let's... let's report it." he agreed. "Please... come with me." he told her.

In their own world, they had been used to being in danger all the time, but this was different. It seemed Emerald had truly gotten a look at the giants that surrounded him, and how easily they could do... anything... to him. He felt like a mouse in a den of lionesses right now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.