Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG spooky chat⠀|⠀afterparty art freebies :3

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 07:06:58 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀spooky chat

shadami speaking of broken images ......... maybe this is as good of a time as any to mention it but the image in your post style is broken for me lol >_>
i thought maybe you might want to know! if it shows up for you it might be cached by your browser ... i'm sure if you uploaded it to an image hosting site like imgur it would work though!

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 07:07:14 )

The broken image thing is supposed to clear up when you clear your cache and reload the site.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 07:10:45 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

re: house browsing - ooh how much work would you be willing to do ?? i feel like having two people does make it a lot less intimidating ... like repainting as one person can feel like a bit much but having two ppl would make it a lot more doable!
what kinds of house features are on your priority list? like does natural light or window direction matter much? proximity to neighbors, etc?

i def escape into browsing houses lol >_> or even apt listings just for funsies even tho i don't plan on moving any time soon lol
the amt i pay for in the city could get me a way nicer space elsewhere though so sometimes it pains me to look at cheaper places haha

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 07:13:08 )

I got burned on a bad house purchase as a first time homeowner. We ended up spending so much and putting so much work into that house.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 07:18:32 )
♥ You're a sneak little impostor!

I'm lazy and don't clear the cache. XD

Aren't you? Aren't you? ♥

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 07:20:28 )

Yes, make sure you do some research before you pick an inspector. It can make all the difference in the world. Don't assume the realtor has your best interest in mind either.

The house we bought had a sun room... that the previous owners never pulled a permit to build and didn't make it to code. Guess who got to fix it.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 07:22:40 )

Nearly everything in that house had to be replaced... the roof, the kitchen, the bathrooms, the floors, there was a lot of electrical weirdness going on too that we couldn't quite figure out. Basically I get a small anxiety attack any time I walk into a hardware store anymore.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 07:24:20 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

oh priestess i'm so sorry to hear that happened! sounds like such a stressful experience ... how are things now? did you have to do a lot of the work yourself?

i wish i were a handy person, i do like working on like hands-on projects, but i don't know too much abt construction or fixing things around the house though i wish i did! i think painting and maybe like putting up shelves is the most i could realistically do with minimal stress ... cuz after fixing stuff you still have to move and furnish and decorate which can all be a lot of effort in themselves too!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 07:26:21 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

ooh i haven't heard of the term indoor porch, it looks just like a sunroom are they the same thing?
my dream home definitely would have one too i would def spend all of my time in there!
could my whole house could be a giant sunroom?? lol

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 07:30:30 )

I no longer live in that house thankfully but yes, we had to do a lot of it ourselves because we couldn't afford to have someone do it... or so we thought. In the end it would have saved more time and probably more money to just hire someone that knew what they were doing. That being said I did learn a lot about sheet rock and tiling (things I'd rather not have to do again, but still... good to know)

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 07:45:19 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

wow sorry to hear you had such a bad experience, that sounded like a ton of work! i don't know i'd be able to take all that on, i think especially when it comes to electrical stuff i'd be way too scared to do it myself
is sheetrock drywall?

how are you feeling about your current space?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 07:45:51 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

also unrelated but i love ur avi priestess, i keep meaning to tell u that lol
it's so festively fall it cheers me up to look at!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 07:53:57 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

haha i think skepticism is v healthy for anything housing related ... like no one in that process really has an incentive to look out for you and your best interests but yourself?
like sellers and realtors probably are mainly just thinking abt the money

i think renovations sound satisfying in theory but like ... i've seen a lot of house hunters renovations episodes lol and they seem Really stressed out during the actual process ... and it's super common that costs end up being way more than expected, even when they set budget aside for unexpected expenses (like they do demo and it opens up multiple cans of worms)
i think for me ... i'm fine watching other ppl do them on tv Haha none of the work but some of the satisfaction all neatly edited into a <1hr episode hehe

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 07:56:07 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

i think for me personally i'd rather try to make changes as far as interior design and decorating go - it seems much easier but can make a huge difference for how a space feels!
that being said i guess renovations potentially can increase ur home value in ways that decorating wouldn't ... but it does come w risk and responsibility and like ... a lot of time and effort lol

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 08:01:52 )

Well.. after we sold the house my now ex and I separated and I ended up moving in with my parents for a bit. Or at least I thought it was a bit. Then the pandemic hit lol. Their house is nice though and we get along. So do our cats lol. Honestly I'm kind of glad because I don't think I'd enjoy living alone this year.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 08:06:06 )

I'm trying not to look lol. I really should get to sleep...

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 08:06:38 )
You're a sneak little impostor!

My husband is keeping an eye on the results too.

Aren't you? Aren't you?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 08:07:54 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

tru tru, it makes a big diff b/n like ... this is for fun and i'm doing it by choice vs. doing it bc you have to and it's like in the way / big pain and stuff
i think it would be important that you are ok w not using that space for a while lol .. like renovating a bonus room would be less stressful than like a kitchen i would imagine?
what color walls would u want?? :3

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 08:09:59 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

ah sorry to hear abt the separation priestess but i'm glad it worked out with you family! it's nice that you get along and can feel comfortable at home + surrounded by ppl you like

yeah i've been playing pokemon all evening to keep my mind off checking results :s
i've only checked like once or twice so far, i'm going to try to keep not-checking for the next few days since it seems like it'll take a while before anything's official :-/

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 08:32:27 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

omg the sleeping dog ... T0T<3 are those magnets on the bedframe??
wow so many colors! triforce design is fun too, it looks p cleanly done!
my walls are just offwhite Lol ...

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.