Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 17:28:58 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Butterfly Kisses | Key to Heaven | Eclipse | Mother Anthropoda | Avian Misery | Falling Star

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ 'wanders in and blinks' <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 17:33:47 )
@Koah: Yes! My eldest just got himself a VR headset for graduation and is very much the tech-kid... errrm... young man. It's tough!

@star2000shadow: Hello. How are you today?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 17:37:07 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Butterfly Kisses | Key to Heaven | Eclipse | Mother Anthropoda | Avian Misery | Falling Star

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Wildfire:
@Koah: Yes! My eldest just got himself a VR headset for graduation and is very much the tech-kid... errrm... young man. It's tough!

@star2000shadow: Hello. How are you today?

sleepy just got up, and yourself? <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 17:41:00 )
@star2000shadow: Now that I'm finally actually awake I'm doing well thanks.
What are you up to today - anything fun?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 17:59:28 )

@Wildfire: Yep same here better luck next time. Is alright I've been wearing it for years so it doesn't feel wasted for me.

@Koah: Awe that's a nice thought owo
I don't feel really upset about it anymore.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 18:02:00 )
@Purpsy: thanks. Better luck next time for you too!
I think I'm going to start logging my sleep patterns, coffee intake, and energy levels through the day to see if there's some correlation that I'm not currently seeing. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to it, but it might show something...

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 18:10:26 )

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Wildfire:
@star2000shadow: Now that I'm finally actually awake I'm doing well thanks.
What are you up to today - anything fun?

fiddling on my new cell phone, doing morning excercises..things like that. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 18:15:21 )
@star2000shadow: That sounds relaxing and easy-going :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 18:17:13 )
@star2000shadow: How's the new phone? :D

@Purpsy: I'm glad I could make the situation a bit better. <3

@star2000shadow: I really want the oculus, but dang, they're spendy. D:

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 18:20:17 )
The VR Headsets are not cheap - that's for sure! My son has the Valve Index. He loves it, of course, and he earned it by working so hard the last couple of years but $$$!!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 18:40:03 )
@Wildfire: My husband and I talked about doing end of year big purchases for the kids if they do well in school.
I never did that growing up, so I don't know if it's an efficient motivator.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 18:43:07 )
@Koah: We didn't do that either - either growing up or raising our kids, so I can't weigh in on that at all. This was a graduation gift for him because he graduated high school... and college ... with two associate degrees ... and Magna Cum Laude ... all at the same time. He worked very hard, did very well, and it's all he wanted

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 18:52:00 )
@Wildfire: Amazing!!! :D Totally earned that VR ! :D

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 18:55:03 )
@Koah: Yes he did totally earn that headset!
What kind of end-of-year rewards are you thinking about doing?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 18:57:05 )
My husband brought up tablets. or a telescope or something along those lines. I don't know if we will or not.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 19:02:09 )
It's hard to tell. Do they respond to fiscal or physical rewards now for other things?
Whatever you do, it needs to be something that they earn individually and not tied to the whole family unless it's a surprise gift if they both (you have two, right?) do well.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 19:08:51 )
We know, over time, they'll need their own tablets/ipads or whatever. I've got two kids. My son does well with school. but he does great when there's a motivator. He likes receiving things, where my daughter likes receiving sweets. She has a short attention span.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 19:12:53 )
It sounds like he would benefit from something like that, then. Maybe not your daughter, though, since sweets tend to make short attention spans worse as a general rule. Tough call. :(

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 19:21:29 )
We'll see, It looks like public schools around here are opening up again. Which is a whole new topic. I'm not sure what i'll be doing on that front.
I just finished the little 3rd rpg game for the event. C:

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 19:53:22 )
@Koah: I'm back. Sorry - I got sucked down a rabbit hole.
The third mini-game is released? How was it?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.