Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Menewsha Refugee!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/2 22:33:27 )

@Elirona: Yeah you have a chance at getting different items. They are normally pretty in demand after the season is up. A lot of our rarest items are past orb items.

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/2 22:42:44 )
@totalanimefan: Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, especially if the items are randomized. It's a good way to give an item value. *nodnod*

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/2 22:46:31 )

@Elirona: Did they have anything like that on the other site you were on?

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/2 22:59:20 )
@totalanimefan: No, they didn't! Mene only had the monthly donation item; for a while it was 2 a month but once staff got smaller it was only 1 a month. Eventually the only person who was making the donation items' life got too busy and they couldn't do it anymore. :(

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/2 23:18:30 )
@Elirona: Ouch, it would be pretty hard to keep a site going with no developer. Dang, I remember spending so much time on there. Always sad to hear about avatar sites dying out.

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/2 23:22:18 )
@Megaame: Yeah...it was rough. I jumped ship before stuff started breaking, but it hurt to read about it on the site.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/2 23:46:11 )
@Elirona: I guess it's good that you left before it became a ghost town! I've been on so many avatar sites in my day and I'm pretty sure 95% of them no longer exist.

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 00:05:45 )
@megaame: Yeah, it's how it goes sometimes...Avatar sites are more of a niche thing nowadays.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 02:11:30 )
@Elirona: It's sad but true :c I remember when new ones were popping up every few months lol.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 02:43:45 )
@elirona: your very welcome ❤

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 03:06:39 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@elirona: ahh it's too bad to hear about mene T_T<3
i had such a lovely time on there when i was growing up! i made some very good friends who i got super close to, like we sent each other packages/gifts, stayed up chatting so many nights, i even met one of them irl! i see them around on social media every now and then still :0
i was there pretty early on i think, i remember having a kings/queen crown at one point and i think i donated them right before i left?

even tho avi sites are niche i'm glad that they are still A Thing, like surviving social media and everything :-)
like even if it s a more niche corner of the internet, i think the fact that they've been around for so long means they'd probably be sticking around (as a general concept) for a while? at least i would like to think so ^^

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 03:18:08 )

@Elirona: wow that sucks. :( Voltra isn’t like that here. We are actually growing.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 04:16:28 )

@Elirona: Welcome to Voltra! We're glad to have ya!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 04:32:11 )
I'm pretty sure there are more current/former Menewshans here and we'd think, lol.

also hay
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 05:15:08 )
@megaame: Exactly, everyone wanted in on that sweet avatar money that Gaia was making! It just made sense. with the rise of social media people didn't need an avatar to represent themselves anymore, if that makes sense.

@xvz: The crowns were some of the first contribution items!!! I'm super jealous. I never got one myself! I sure hope avi sites stick around, as I just keep finding myself coming back to em. :p

@totalanimefan: Of course, and I'm glad to see it! You guys even have multiple artists who contribute to the monthly items. It just makes the site better on the whole.

@anarchist beauty: Thank you so much for the warm welcome! Happy to be here!

@onsenmark: Wow, that's a name I haven't seen in FOREVER!!! hello!!!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 18:05:18 )

@Elirona: If you need any help, feel free to pester me. ;P
      (I promise, it's no problem. lol)
      And if you need a place to hangout, if you're so inclined, I have a Hangout thread that you're more than welcome in!
      The 'Hogwarts: A Hangout' button in my sig will take you there. ^-^

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 02:32:04 )
@anarchist beauty: Thank you so much! I will be sure to pester you if I've got questions.

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 03:48:14 )
Welcome!
I also came from Mene. I was more active in 08-09 but I checked back often to see how things were going and all. It was so sad to know that the main admin disappeared without a trace or no contact. They stopped releasing CI's because their artists and coders also left the site with no contact. All the mods and volunteers slowly disappeared as well. It's sad. One admin came back recently and posted back in August to pretty much say the site is doomed and to start packing up for when the site's payment of hosting is dried out. It's so sad. :(

I like Voltra so far. It's slow moving than what I like but that allows to get better convo's out of people and it's not so overwhelming either. I love the items here and cant wait to start hoarding items. I hope you enjoy it here!

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 19:03:01 )
@ouja akuma: Yeah, it's really upsetting...I couldn't tell you how many hours I spent on Mene. I'll miss it dearly.

I'm also really liking Voltra! Everyone's been very nice and helpful. The items are sincerely top quality.

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/6 01:18:14 )
@Elirona: Glad you're enjoying it so far! I hope to see the site grow and see what they throw at us.
Comic | Cosplay

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.