Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 18:58:16 )
"The future must know where you've been."

I'm back from my nap!
I wish I could run to the store sometime soon to pick up salmon and more veggies, but we usually only grocery shop on Saturdays.

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 19:00:16 )

@Wildfire: Being the Impostor on a voice chat though it hard.
      Gotta work on my lying. XD
      I get SO nervous.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 19:15:23 )
@0v7: I want salmon...

@Anarchist Beauty: Lying is a special skill-set, but it's hard to mask your voice on voice chat - lol!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 19:18:13 )

@Wildfire: Salmon's probably my favorite kind of fish - roasted, pan-fried, raw (in sashimi, so it's safe!!!), etc... it's all so good :3!! I'm planning on making lots of roasted salmon with olive oil and different veggies - mostly to avoid red meat, which I read raises bad cholesterol.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 19:21:49 )
@Wildfire: The 'In-Stitches' item is really neat. c:
Sorry for the late responses today. My son has new science homework. So lots of sitting down and reading to him.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 19:22:36 )
@0v7: There's some controversy over "good" versus "bad" cholesterol and its real impact on the body so definitely do some research, and regardless of what you decide to do, keep your vitamin requirements in mind - far too many of us are deficient in basic vitamins these days. But all that said, what you describe is pretty much how we eat most of the time - it's what makes the most sense (on several levels)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 19:24:10 )
@Koah: Oh, it's not a problem! I was just trying to make heads or tails out of my son's classes, high school/college requirements, etc., and since most of my notes are confused or "lost", it was much more difficult than it needed to be. Fortunately, he seems to be in pretty good shape to graduate next year. :3

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 19:24:33 )

@Wildfire: I take a multivitamin!! I'll probably have to adjust after adding more veggies to my diet, but I'll see how it goes. Cholesterol is a weird thing, isn't it?? I'm hoping to avoid foods with a lot of fat to lower it more. :3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 19:26:50 )
@Koah: ... so yes, I understand. And the kids come first.
Yes, it looks like a neat item :3

@0v7: Yes, it is. The body is an amazing organism too, and as much as we think we understand it, there's still so much more to learn

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 19:29:08 )

@Wildfire: It's interesting to think about how some medicines came from poisonous plants! I read that medicine used to be what we would call "micro-dosing" poisonous plants to use their effects, such as giving a certain plant that makes the heart go too fast in small amounts to an older person to keep their heart going longer. Of course, I've no idea if that example's real, but I think it's a good way to see that medicine derived from plants is still pretty natural!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 19:31:41 )
@0v7: Yes, I love the history of plants and their uses. It's a very intriguing topic IMO

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 19:32:50 )
@Wildfire: I'm glad your son is on track for graduating. I can't imagine how hard switching to pandemic-style learning was for high schoolers.
My sister with older kids is struggling a little bit. I've met a lot of parents with multiple kids having a hard time with homeschooling with full jobs and whatnot.
/
I recently spent a ton of volts in the shops for an outfit I didn't even like in the end. lol. So I'm back down to being rather poor on here.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 19:33:48 )

@Wildfire: Most plants are still used today - for example, I use mugwort in tea to get better dreams. Valerian is used as a sleep supplement, too, but I stopped taking that a while ago.

Koah, I relate to that! Sometimes I'll splurge to make an oufit...and realize I don't like it at all, and then feel silly because I spent many volts. >w>;;;

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 19:37:33 )
@0v7: I mean, at least we have spare items in the end. lol. I saved the outfit just in case I change my mind.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 19:38:45 )

@Koah: That's true!! I might revisit the outfit idea I had and see if I can't make it work in the future.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 19:40:41 )
@Koah: Well, we have (really) homeschooled since the beginning (kindergarten/pre-K) and my son is currently doing a dual-enrollment program with the local college (earning high school & college credit at the same time). He has had purely online classes in the past, so it's not that big a transition for him to do this covid-crisis-schooling thing, but online learning is not his natural learning style. Ultimately, it's up to me whether or not I graduate him from high school, but I'd really like him to have that A.A. and all that goes with it.

I feel bad for most parents who have come to rely on the school systems and now find themselves juggling so much more than they ever really signed up for. I swear, homeschooling is easier - at least I know what my own brain is thinking when I assign classes or whatever.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 19:45:00 )
@0v7: That's where I'm sitting with this outfit I put together. I want to come back to it and try different items to make it more unique.
I did avi art of this one that I haven't uploaded yet.

@Wildfire: I actually was raised mostly homeschooled and also did the H.S. and College A.A. program. -thumbs up- The College really helped me figure out my own learning style.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 19:47:48 )

@Koah: I've been wanting more arm mods so maybe I could make this avi idea work, but also, going through the Item Museum is a lot of energy spent @_@
I did find one that might work! But I've gotta see if anyone's selling it ehehe

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 19:54:53 )
@Koah: Yes, these college programs are amazing for a lot of reasons. I'm really glad we have one here that we can use :3
I think you told me before that you were homeschooled

@0v7: Oh? What item are you looking for?

I don't know why but I don't tend to buy a lot of things on sites like this. Even the crates and whatever that I do get, I usually get just one or two - nothing to spare, really. It usually works out well for me unless I'm trying to find something to use as page prizes or to help somebody else out

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/5 19:56:16 )

@Wildfire: Avian Misery - The Item museum shows an arm mod that's in skin tone 3 :0

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.