Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:44:41 )

@Wildfire: I'm about to draw actually but I'm doing good :3
I hope you get better sleep tonight then and is not bad to sleep in once in a while.
Have you had your breakfast yet?

@Aisukohi: There's a little hope inside me that I just missed the cookie dough yesterday since I ate a small portion but who knows.
And I've never tried hot fudge or any topings on ice cream before. I have this crazy idea to buy vanilla ice cream and a pack of oreos next time, crushed the cookies into pieces then mixed it in with the ice cream. Tada! Slightly homemade cookies and cream ice cream lmao

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:45:57 )

@Wildfire: Oh cool! And yeah, the theme parks, lol, believe it or not I haven't been to a Florida theme park since I was about 10 (I'm 37 now). I'm hoping to go back sometime soon but it ain't exactly cheap so I'm not really holding my breath.

And Voltra is lovely! Everyone's really friendly and I've been having some great conversations already. And aw, thank you; it's not much but I like to think my many years of avatar-creating on various sites have added up to some kind of skill, lol.

@Another Movie Addict: I love abandoned stuff. But I've never had nerve enough to explore anything much on my own, and never really had like-minded friends to go with me. I almost had a chance to check out Centralia, Pennsylvania about a decade ago, but alas that never worked out. I'm also a shutterbug and man, abandoned stuff makes for such cool photography.

@Purpsy: I recommend the "Magic Shell" chocolate sauce; it hardens into a chocolate "shell" upon contact with ice cream and it's really good. :D

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:46:06 )
@Aisukohi: Sock Gnomes have struck again!! Ooooh nooooo!!! XD
That kinda stinks about the faucet though, but at least it sounds like an easy fix. :3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:47:53 )

@CooperationIsKey: Oh I loooooooooooooove abandoned stuff photos. It's so creepy and makes you want to explore it for yourself.
Yeah I don't really have a lot of urban explorer friends anymore. Or well any. Though most of the time I went exploring on my own. Except the asylum. My ex is the one who went with me on that one.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:48:36 )
@Purpsy: Thank you. I have not yet had breakfast. I should probably fix that soon :3
I hope your drawing goes well this morning!

@CooperationIsKey: Yes, the theme parks are definitely not cheap!! If you're a resident though, it usually makes more sense to just buy the passes and go whenever you want (barring block out dates) - especially if you find yourself in that area fairly often.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:53:26 )

@Another Movie Addict: Me too; I've definitely gone down some rabbit holes of photos of abandoned stuff before, and I follow several urban explorers on YouTube. God sometimes they go into these amazing houses or hotels or something, sometimes they look like they really only need a little TLC to make them functional again, but they're always "about to be torn down" or something, because of course they are. Kills me.

@Wildfire: I probably couldn't even do the passes, to be perfectly honest. Disability income kinda blows, plus I don't have my own transportation and bussing it to Orlando does NOT sound like a fun time, lol. But like if a family member invited me or something, I sure wouldn't say no!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:54:47 )

@Wildfire: Yep I hope so too but I'm just going to do some rough sketches for now.
Alrighty then gotta eat to fuel your energy ^^

@CooperationIsKey: Oooh! Such sorcery! :o
*googles it for more info*

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:56:40 )

@Purpsy: Lol, the stuff has the most satisfying texture to eat, too. I always end up putting way too much on my ice cream when I have it!

Edit: unrelated, but huzzah, I finally afforded shoes! :D

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:56:51 )

@CooperationIsKey: Whenever I look at the photos with old books just scattered around, and think about rescuing those books. XD after working at a used bookstore, I understand why that doesn't happen. You know besides it being considered theft.

My photography teacher got a chance to go into that abandoned Six Flags in New Orleans, the one destroyed by Katrina.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:59:06 )
@CooperationIsKey: Oh no ... tickets or passes to the parks are not cheap, regardless. I wasn't suggesting that you get a pass if you go, just that for a lot of residents, it seems to make more sense to go that route. There are reasons we don't usually have passes to the parks :3

@Purpsy: Yeah, I could probably use some food. I'm not sure what, though...

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:59:33 )

@Another Movie Addict: Oh I know! The abandoned books, sometimes there's antiques or neat signage or other really cool miscellany. It's hard to let it be destroyed! Even knowing it'll all be plowed into the same pile and go to the dump with the rest of the building.

Oh that's super cool; I'd love to explore an abandoned theme park. o3o

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 16:03:30 )

@CooperationIsKey: I'd want to save those books too, and still do. But I've had to sort through abandoned estate books, and most of them are so moldy and decayed that there's nothing you can do.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 16:03:54 )
Hello Good morning. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 16:05:04 )
@Another Movie Addict: that makes sense. So enjoy them for the aesthetics :3

@Koah: Good morning. How are you?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 16:06:57 )
@Wildfire: I'm okay, just getting the coffee going. Trying to amp up to do chores.
How are you?

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 16:09:01 )

@Wildfire: Yeah, even when I lived a stone's throw from Disneyland, I only got to go a couple times, and even then it was because of networking, basically. Friend of a friend with a friend who had spare passes or something like that, lmao.

@Another Movie Addict: Oh god, I don't envy you that job. That sounds like it'd be so hard to see them wasted and ruined like that!

@Koah: Good morning!

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 16:10:14 )

@Wildfire: Well since is for breakfast it could something small and simple for you to make.
I'm hungry again so I'm eating some instant ramen =w=;

@CooperationIsKey: I see, I may try it if I remember to buy it the next I need to buy some groceries

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 16:12:00 )

@CooperationIsKey: It is. Every single time my heart breaks a little. When had two ladies come into the store, looking for books to cut up for junk journals. And they took some old valuable Addams Family comics, since they were a comic strip before the shows and movies. I was so upset that day after they left.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 16:12:55 )
@Koah: oh, I'm drinking coffee and still running around in my PJs, thank you very much! :3 I'm trying to decide what to do with myself today, tbh. I need food and should probably get dressed and go do something productive but I slept late this morning because I didn't sleep last night and the whole day just feels a little off right now - not unsalvageable, but weird. Off. What kinds of errands and chores do you have to do today?

@CooperationIsKey: exactly. :3 There are often opportunities like that. So what other things do you like to do?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 16:14:21 )
@Purpsy: Yeah, I'll probably go make an egg or something. But that means I'd have to get up and go cook it and I don't feel like it (although I really should) XD

@Another Movie Addict: Oh, that would break my heart too, to see older, rarer books etc being used like that :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.