Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2020 Late Party Posting

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 06:13:00 )

Not sure where I would want to go on vacation. I just know I need a little get away from all the stress at work.

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 09:58:37 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh good so I just have 16 years before it stops being this painful xD
Haha yeah sorry for being so depressing lately. It's still pretty fresh.
Have you done anything fun recently? :3

@Anarchist Beauty: Have any funny stories? Like the st patricks cup lol

@Unicorn: I finally got my quest thread updated, minus most wanted for crates and rigs.They're all in the tabs though.
But the event item post is completely up to date.

@dragoness129: Time for a stay-cation? haha

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 10:05:29 )
Kent:

I know.. I sure miss cuddling and his purr..
Being around other cats sure helps, whether its a friend’s or family’s cat or pet shop’s cats. I actually got a new cat a few months after he passed too. She’s a super clingy cat~ She’s been helpful too. ; w; I’ll always tear up when I think of him though. I believe he had a good long happy life anyway~ Just don’t think about what could’ve been cuz it’s sorta pointless to right..? Think of the good memories~ And what you can do for future kitties in your life. ; w;

I actually helped my grandma get a cat a few days after, I went to look at them at the pet shop just to be close to some, and he ran up and put his paw on the glass like "okay I'm ready to go!" and my grandma had been wanting one, so it worked out. It's been a good distraction at least.
We still have one cat, they were twins from the same litter. It's been really hard on him to be alone. My Oli boy always took care of him too and now he's all by himself. He's been mostly sleeping and snuggling us and meowing for his brother, which is honestly heartbreaking and I tear up every time. Even typing this out. Ugh >.<
God and I was updating my quest thread and my boy passed at the end of July (on my birthday) and the monthly that month was Cheshire Cabaret. And then the very next month was Heartbreak Coffin. If that's not fitting....I just.....OTL

We tried to give him the best life possible. It's hard to get over all the guilt of "what if we had done this/that/this but sooner" ya know? You're right though, it can't be changed now. It's just gonna hurt for a while.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 13:41:34 )

@Ruby: wow that’s a long time :( where you guys married?
Oh I like your new avatar. Super fall in the best way.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 13:43:16 )

As for fun things I moved to DC last month. Which it sucks that most things are still closed but I went to the national mall and just hung out there. And I saw the monuments at night. That was nice too!

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 13:50:27 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh my bad, my cat passed away. It's not a break up

Oh wow, where'd you move from? What brought you to DC? I was there once lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 14:01:52 )

@Ruby: oh I see. I’m sorry for misunderstanding lol
That’s still super sad though. I have a cat that just turned 4 yesterday and I raised him since he was 2 weeks ago and he thinks I’m him momma. I don’t know what I’m going to do if and when anything ever happens to him.

I moved from San Jose, CA to DC. So pretty much Coast to Coast. Lol my husband and I drove with the animals. Some states you can see why the outbreak is so bad. Places like AZ and TX didn’t have many people wearing a mask. 😬
But we got tested and we don’t have the virus. It was pretty hard to find a bathroom on our trip too. It was nice seeing how beautiful the country was. NM was nice. And right when we got to the Great Plains (Northern TX/OK) it was just the perfect time of day. It was sunset and cause it’s so flat for so long the sunset and twilight was around for a while. Then there was a thunderstorm to our left kinda far away and then on our right was cows and wind farms. It was really cool! That was also the first time on the trip we saw green grass. Lol
I also liked the mountains in TN. They were really pretty too.

What brought me to DC was every summer since 2017 my husband and I came here for an anime con and to meet up with friends. We both fell in love with the area. It wasn’t really possible to move here until my husband’s work said he could move cause Coronavirus.

I’m originally from the FL and he’s from England. We lived in CA for 5 years but it wasn’t close to any family at all and don’t even get me started on the CA to England flight/trip. That sucked. Way easier from the east coast. Plus where I lived is the most expensive place in the US. Even more than NYC. So here we have a brand new 2B/2B next to a metro shop in a walkable area for less than an old 1B/1B condo in San Jose. Plus in DC I’m car free too. So that saves me money as well.

Sorry for the long post. Lol

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 14:18:11 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh cool :D I'm glad you had a decent trip. I'm originally from Oregon and we did the same thing, drove cross country (I live in NC now) I'd like to maybe someday move back home but it's crazy expensive, and it's not even CA rofl

We went more north on our trip. Hit yellowstone, devil's tower, crazy horse, mt rushmore, site seeing along the way. My kitty was with me thru it all. I miss him so much.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 14:56:00 )

@Ruby: That's cool! What made you move to NC? Do you like the weather there? And when was your drive across the country?

That's cool that you went that way. It must have been really pretty. We went I-40 almost the whole way. Which in the west also covers most of Route 66. Oregon is expensive. :( I have a friend that just moved there from the Bay Area too, and although she was able to buy a farm, it's in the middle of no where and was still a lot of money. But she is happy having a farm and working from home.

I'm sure that you have heard about the horrible fires in Oregon and CA. I think that we got out at the right time. Those are going to be a yearly thing now. (Maybe not yearly in Oregon). Since 2017 every wildfire season has been awful and honestly I'd rather go through a Hurricane. Being from FL I've been in my fair share.

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 15:03:52 )

@Totalanimefan: I was 15 when we moved so, parents xD I was all for it at first but I got homesick real quick. I never fit in here. Weather sucks, it's always too hot and humid now, all kinds of crazy bugs, idk I just miss what I was used to.
We moved 11 years ago.
I didn't live in Portland but I was born there and raised in the area (Forest Grove and Hillsboro) My family is still over there too but that's fine lol. It wasn't as expensive as it is now but it was going that way. It's crazy.

Yeah this is like the biggest fire oregon has had that I remember, it's crazy. Maybe in eastern oregon but not where I was from. I mean there's been small ones here or there if there was no rain but usually people were pretty good about not starting fires >.>
My grandma almost had to evacuate but fortunately didn't.

About the only good thing I can say for where I currently live is that it's a weather sweet spot as far as storms, which is good for me because i have bad anxiety and storms trigger that. I'm used to earthquakes not tornadoes, huge thunderstorms, and hurricanes lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 15:21:54 )

@Ruby: Yeah Climate Change is already changing the south making it more wet and hotter too, and honestly it's changed CA already too. I heard from soo many people in the Bay Area that you didn't used to need AC and now you do, or that the fires weren't bad EVERY year and now it's commonplace.
So are you still homesick for there? Is there any family you could live with in Oregon? If you live in a small town in NC, could you move closer to a city there? It could be better for making friends or fitting it. I know that it was hard for me to fit in in my small town in FL. Not as hard in the more urban areas.

The person I know with the farm had just moved there a week ago before this all started and she had to leave and honestly we didn't think that she was going to come back to a home, but days later she decided to go back home even though it's not the safest because there is no where else to go. All the hotels within a 4 hour drive are booked. I'm glad that your grandma is ok!

I don't know if I could do an earthquake. I'm really glad that while I was in CA there was never a huge earthquake. Once or twice I felt the ground move for a small amount of time, but the really big earthquakes? Nah, I'm out. At least with a hurricane you get like 3+ days notice and you can leave if you want. An Earthquake is just like I'm happening right now!

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 16:15:43 )

@Totalanimefan: I'm still homesick yes, but idk when I'm there I just wanna be back here lol I can't win xD
Not family that I like no lol I live in a fairly large town here in NC lol I'm not that far from Charlotte. (under an hour)
I have a lot of health issues so I don't go out much due to fatigue and such. That's why I have Volta :D (and flight rising xD)

Man what a terrible welcome home ;3;
My best friend just moved out to eastern oregon too and there's been tons of smoke and stuff. Times like this I'm glad I'm not there lol

Fortuneatly the area I grew up in didn't really have any major earthquakes, ironically I felt my first big one here in NC last month rofl

Yeah I definitely prefer hurricanes to things like that or tsunamis or tornadoes. Tornadoes are my biggest fear. They're deadly and sudden and unpredictable Dx

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 17:11:27 )

@Ruby: Yesterday she called her sister, to ask about her sister's son-in-law's mother - who had to go in for some sort of serious surgery or something.
      She calls, Aunt picks up, she asks this woman "how's your mother-in-law?"
      I almost died like WHAT? Where did THAT come from.
      My grandfather is out in the living room with her like "Nooo."
      And then it still took her like three tries to get out "how's Eric's mom?"

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 18:05:58 )

@Anarchist Beauty: omg xD do you just have like a constant headache from this stuff? xD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 18:27:16 )

@Ruby: Yes, her existence gives me a perpetual headache.
      She once asked me to do something for her, and then I did it - almost immediately - and I still heard her call me an asshole under her breath.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 20:28:15 )

@Ruby: Oh I see. Your heart is in both places at once. I guess though no one is really going anywhere in person in 2020. ^^; Voltra has been so key for me in keeping sane and getting to chat with people.
Is your friend ok?
Tornados are horrible. I hope I never have to go through a big one!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 17:28:05 )

/digs hole, buries self

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 04:01:48 )

Did you get all the event items? If not let me know.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 05:26:41 )
@Ruby: did you get a whole set yet?
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/23 05:34:49 )

@Unicorn: I did yes, thank you :3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.