Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2020 Event Hangout: ~page prizes!~ RNG prizes ~ Come Chat- all welcome!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 04:23:18 )

@Wildfire: Ahhhh! Thank you so very much!
I would love art of this character please and thank you!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 12:45:33 )
@Another Movie Addict: I'm glad you liked the movie. I've heard good things about it, but also that it was another frame-by-frame remake from the animated version. Was that the case?

@star2000shadow: It's looking like a cool av - are you going to do any more with it? It sounds like you're not quite done playing with it yet.

@onsenmark: Hello! How are you today? What are you eating?

@dragoness129: Ok - I can do that. It'll probably be just a headshot/bust. It also might take a couple days, fyi.

Good morning everyone!
Are we still enjoying the event?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 14:25:52 )
This is exactly

@Wildfire: It's not a scene for scene remake, like not at all. This one follows the myth closer. No songs this time, no Mushu, Cricket is there but very cleverly. There are subtle nods to the original though. Like instead of singing the lyrics to each song, they became apart of the dialog instead. They did use Reflection and that was amazing on how they used it. And there is a cameo from Mulan's original voice actress.

what you think it is.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 14:52:19 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Butterfly Kisses | Key to Heaven | Eclipse | Mother Anthropoda | Avian Misery | Falling Star

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: yeah i'm not quite done, im just not sure what's missing so I'm a play 'nods' <:3( )~~

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 14:56:29 )

I’ll be slow ish but I’m here! <3 need to catch up to get the last two event items

0 9 9 8 1 0
Wildfire generated a random number between 1 and 20; Resulting In 9
Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 15:19:39 )
@Another Movie Addict: Well then I don't know what my friend was thinking of! Thanks for the review - I'll get around to watching it at some point

@star2000shadow: Ok, well, let me know when you're finished and ready for me to draw (again, that might take me a little time to get the time to draw, though)

@Bonnie: The last two? Somebody has been busy, huh?

Which reminds me - I've decided to do a small page prize for page 50, which I skipped somehow, so I'll spin the RNG now and see what happens, yeah?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 15:21:20 )
@xvz: Congratulations - you won the page 50 page prize! Would you prefer volts or event currency as your prize?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 15:24:21 )
This is exactly

@Wildfire: Lol I mean they are both based on the same poem/myth, so some of the scenes will match. Because those parts are there in the source material. But og Mulan does it in a comedic fashion, remake Mulan does it more serious. Some of the base scenes are rearranged and not exactly the same.

>w> hehehe I watch a lot of movies.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 15:27:02 )
@Another Movie Addict: It sounds like it's a good remake. I'll watch it eventually. And no kidding you watch a lot of movies - besides talking with you, I'd never guess given your username - lol!!!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 15:29:09 )
This is exactly

@Wildfire: I have been pretty hard against the live-action remakes, but this was the only one I was interested in. And I feel very robbed that I didn't get the chance to see it on a big screen.

what you think it is.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 15:31:04 )

@Wildfire: yes, I don’t have the confetti for the vanora or vivienne item so I have to earn the confetti for them.

bloop

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 16:22:06 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Butterfly Kisses | Key to Heaven | Eclipse | Mother Anthropoda | Avian Misery | Falling Star

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: hey that's okay 'blinks' i don't mind waiting on artsu, better to wait and get good then to rush the artist and get bad haha. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 16:28:20 )
@Another Movie Addict: Maybe you'll get a chance once things open back up some more. I get the feeling the theaters will be showing "old" movies

@Bonnie: Well, keep chatting wit us and you'll earn the currency pretty quickly, I bet!

@star2000shadow: lol - thank you. It's really more a matter that there are a lot of iRL things going on here today and the fact that my desktop is needing attention (technical issues that I'm ignoring right now because ...well, technology!) and that's the one attached to the scanner (I have been doing ballpoint pen on paper, then scanning the image and retouching digitally as needed)... and this computer is in dire need of graphics software.

Technologically speaking, I'm a mess right now XD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 16:32:39 )
This is exactly

@Wildfire: Before covid happened, I was planning to watch the original Psycho in theater. As there was an event for it in October, but I don't think that'll happen now.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 16:34:34 )
No probably not. Unfortunately.
That also means Rocky Horror isn't likely to be shown either I suppose...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 16:35:45 )
This is exactly

My area stopped doing a Rocky Horror night years ago, like they stopped the very year I turned 18. DX

what you think it is.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 16:37:06 )
"The future must know where you've been."

I might be a bit more quiet than usual... mostly due to mental health issues - but I'll still try to post and converse !!

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 16:40:08 )
@Another Movie Addict: Oh that's unfortunate!

@0v7: I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time of things today - do you need to chat or vent?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 16:42:05 )
"The future must know where you've been."

@Wildfire: It's a long story, but basically, my mom tried to use me as her therapist and in the same breath, used my top PTSD trigger to try and manipulate me. Now I'm kinda just... dealing with the aftermath of that, which is mostly just trying to stay calm u_u;;;

"The past predicts the state you're in!"
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/10 16:43:05 )
This is exactly

@Wildfire: Yeah. So I missed my chance to see it in theater by one stinking year.

what you think it is.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.