Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Having difficulty connecting socially online

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 16:49:28 )
Irl can be challenging but to me it's the opposite these days. I am considering to open up a hangouts thread but.. I dunno.. social and communication (more on making friends side).. its increasingly difficult.

But other than that, I'm generally doing good.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 17:55:43 )

@Kairu: yeah I feel like it can be difficult. Especially this year. People are so tired because it’s a hard year to live through, also there isn’t as much to talk about besides the bad stuff. And of course some people don’t have as much time for Voltra so you can form relationships with them and then they have to take a break.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 17:56:17 )

@Kairu: you can always hang out in my charity thread. It’s also a place people hangout.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 18:01:58 )
"Don't ask your questions to the wall..."

I think reaching out and trying to learn about other people will help! If they do the same then you can discuss common interests/etc - it took an on-site event for me to get social tho lol

"They keep their secrets locked inside."
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 00:04:37 )
I find it hard to make friends both online and irl these days. Maybe I'm just an old man but Idk what people do to connect anymore.
Like....I'm hip ;__; I got memes.
So I just lurk now.

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 01:19:48 )
@Totalanimefan: Yea I agree. the flow of time on staying online is much different this year so I am not able to catch up with events as much as I want to. I will consider create a hangout thread eventually. Weekend is coming soon.

@0v7: I agree with not trying to stop attempting to communicate when possible. it is sometimes that on my end i feel like its not changing anytime soon. thats pretty much the dilemma that my mind keeps on saying.

@Ouja Akuma: I love memes too xD I made comics in the past too.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 01:25:17 )

@Ouja Akuma: Memes always bring people together.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 01:26:53 )

@Kairu: The weekend could be a good time to catch up with people.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 02:07:10 )
Man or woman... It doesn't matter! One of Strength.. And nobility...

Bruuuuh preach!
I mainly only talk to one person here and that's because I knew her before coming to voltra ;3;
I sorta feel like a creep plopping myself into a hangout thread and trying to start up some convos =3=;;;;;
I also feel reeaaalll awkward reaching out to people after not talking to them for a while, so if I poof for like 1 week+ I'll be a bit to afraid to say hello again if we didn't already have a decently established friendship >n<;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
I typically make my own hangout thread and hope people come to me lmao
Haven't done that in a while cuz tbh my social tolerance as of late hasn't been as high as it used to be and tending to my own thread sounds like more work than I wanna do rn lmao

Is always a prince.
I'm gone babyyyyyyy~~~
You can find me on
DV // TH // Lasria
....Sry I don't do discord....

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 02:15:28 )
@Keo: i dont mind if you can give me a mention, ill pop in actively in Voltra this way.

Im a big derp. and always will be xD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 20:55:52 )
This is a tough year and tougher circumstances to deal with for so many people.

Personally, I haven't even talked to my RL friends very often recently - it's just soooo much effort sometimes - but I've also noticed a correlation with how much "news" I subject myself to... if I can limit "news" overload for a while, I'm more likely to reach out and connect with people. :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 23:57:22 )

I find both approaches equally futile. :'^)

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/30 03:53:41 )
@Kairu: I love memes. I love comics. I haven't drawn many comics lately due to school and work but slowly...chipping...away.

@Totalanimefan: I've met amazing people through the language of memes uwu

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/30 04:32:54 )
I feel this a lot

"just put yourself out there!"

but when you do, no one replies to you or they reply and then after a short while, they just stop completely

eeeeh

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/30 06:08:35 )
I rarely talk to anyone on online (kind of) and in real life tbh. Though it's not like I have RL friends since I'm not much of a social person and find it much harder to make a new friend these days, especially this year where the pandemic is still there.

Maybe I thought that I wasn't interesting enough, I suppose.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/30 23:53:39 )

@Ouja Akuma: Yes! Memes always bring people together ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 05:11:43 )
@Shark: I feel that a lot to be honest

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 05:13:16 )
@Ouja Akuma:

I did commit one whole month dedicated to comic work before. it was fun while it lasted.

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/1 02:41:12 )
@Kairu: I've been drawing comics for about 15 years...maybe more? I started when I was like 12 lol. I still have all my comics I tried drawing and man, they're bad lmaooo. I label myself as a Webcomic Artist just because it's something I've been doing and will continue doing forever. I want to get published and sell at cons, that's an absolute dream of mine ;u; And working on comics full time.
Comic | Cosplay

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/1 03:02:31 )
@Ouja Akuma: we can collab if you want to. maybe a short series or one shot would be a good start. i have discord account also

i dunno what path of art will i do in the future but for now, ill do what i can in my small free time per day.
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.