Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts disability chill zone

Donator — ghost Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 13:21:19 )

Hi, i just came back after a couple years and this seems like a good hangout for me. I'm mentally ill, chronically ill and immuno-compromised so Covid has really messed with my life. I've lost a couple loved ones and live in what is currently considered the "epicenter" of Covid-19. I'm alone & scared. Would love a place to feel normal.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 17:05:56 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

hey ghostie welcome to the hangout! <3 and welcome back to voltra :-)
how has returning to the site been for you so far?

i'm really sorry to hear that, and for your loss <3
it sounds really difficult and it completely makes sense you would feel scared, especially as an immunocompromised person <3
may i ask what city/region you're in?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 18:21:58 )
"Don't ask your questions to the wall..."

I'm feelin that GIF xvz - I slept wrong and now my back's like "ahaha, you are going to feel uncomfortable while bending"

"They keep their secrets locked inside."

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 21:17:07 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

just had some applesauce and a couple of banana chips cause i havent eaten in 6+ days..... im fear for my stomach and also im extremely weak

@xvz: being homeless has been pretty rough tbh but i'm thankful i get to sleep in a van at least - i was at the ER the other night, and me and my partner have both been super sick/in pain. our friend got us an airbnb for two nights though! and this week our other friend is gonna finish building out our van for us :')

@Ghostie: we're here for you i hope something comes along ur way that helps you feel more at ease or comforted

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 22:44:21 )

oh that does sound pretty rough, i'm sorry to hear that :-(
i hope you both feel better soon :-( or at least it gets more manageable

that's exciting about the van though! it sounds like you have pretty good friends and social support <3
what does the build entail?

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 22:01:19 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

@xvz: she's paneling it, making us a little kitchen, setting up solar panels. its gonna be pretty livable which will b gr8 for me and my partner... we're thinkin of taking it out rurally if we can find somewhere close enough to a walmart or something
we've been asking a lot of people for help this year n made like a gofundme, n keep posting on diff social media to try and get connects. its been really amazing the amount of people who just wanna help out two queer disabled indigenous ppl for nothing in return so i have hope its just gonna continue u__u

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 22:01:38 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

how has everyone been doing physically n mentally?

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 03:44:57 )

woahhh that's v cool! and impressive ur friend knows so much abt how to like ... do that? lol like how do you learn how to do it?
i hope van life is enjoyable for you and your partner! or at least more enjoyable than your current situation <3
do you have plans for where to go? or is that tbd / however things end up working out?

i'm glad to hear that! i always try to help out qtpoc n disabled fam whenever i can
i know it's not an option for ppl for a number of reasons but have you considered disability benefits? (hope that's not too advicey feel free to disregard entirely!)

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 03:47:06 )

my friend biked over for dinner today :0
cases have been low in my city for months so i'm trying to convince myself it's ok to see ppl more!
feels kind of weird bc i know elsewhere everyone is like wishing ppl would stay home more, but i've been fairly isolated this year and i think maybe unnecessarily strict about it considering the situation where i am?

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 04:25:07 )

I'm the same way - not like I have... IRL friends who live near me, but I've been avoiding going out unless absolutely necessary (grocery shopping mostly). The last time I actually went out to do something other than grocery shopping was a grocery shopping trip that turned into a take-out sushi birthday dinner >w>;;

I don't mind not seeing people in person, since I can always chat with my best friend over Discord n stuff - plus we try to hang out via watching stuff together. The downside of the entire isolation thing is, I'm starting to miss stuff like sitting in a restaurant to have a meal with my grandpa... or really just, experiencing things in person instead of through digital imitations.

Donator — xe/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/30 14:08:54 )
⭒✰would you like an adventure now...

sorry i forgot to check back into the hangout!
how are y'all doing?

...or should we have tea first?✰⭒
please ping me, i am ditzy!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/30 15:43:19 )

I've been doing okay physically, mentally.... not so much. How are you doing ??

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/1 02:08:26 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

we found a new squat with one of our disabled homeless friends that's in the same activist group as us!! it probably won't last long but it's giving us a place to park and cook for now

i went to the ER recently after horrible stomach pain n I've been having a hard time keeping up on my meds and also everything cause of living in a van lmao
i really want a shower

also I'm gonna try and apply for SI soon so i can get the process stsrtrd

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/1 02:10:51 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

i meant SSI* in my last post

also this house has been empty for 20 years and some old lady named Penny is hoarding it, and there's a property manager who comes by sometimes and also someone comes and mows the grass

the neighbor snitched on us to the guy who mows and she's trying to get a hold of the property manager lmfao but another one of the neighbors is chill

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/1 02:21:14 )

Why are people snitches - like, you're not hurting anyone :/
I hope you can find a different place !!

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 00:03:52 )
y'know.... maybe all doctors are just assholes?

I put on my most pleasant voice i have, and even then, that isn't good enough for em ¯_(ツ)_/¯ guess I'll die

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 19:31:21 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

ugh cops were called on our squat and we gotta skedaddle

also I was in the ER recently for my severe stomach pain and got some meds for it. and they found I had a UTI so got some antibiotics

I got glutened a couple days ago and was like screaming in pain from my stomac and couldn't move or talk, it was horrible n I'm afraid to eat still

@Shark: yeah a lot of doctors are huge assholes - especially ER doctors lmao. I've had more luck w naturopaths.... I'm sorry the doctor u saw didn't help out :( it's hard

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

pm me if u wanna donate 2 my living funds

┋ 𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐒 ┋ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱 ┋ 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ┋
questinghangoutgallery

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/9 02:30:50 )
disability rights are so important and i am HERE for wholesome uplifting pro-human rights content

i'm physically disabled due to repeated joint injuries and early-onset arthritis in my back, and i have severe mental illness so "working for a living" doesn't exactly 'work' for me. Between the two I can't find or keep a job.

also ER doctors are very bad at dealing with people who have 'underlying conditions' and aren't just yknow, broken bones or blood sugar being out of wack

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.