Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts disability chill zone

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 06:04:55 )
usually I take some advil. but my stomach has been in knots, so I've been avoiding taking any.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/28 18:44:00 )
we're going 2 get seb's cbd oil today!!!
we're workin on boris's dv dailies tho >w>
- [ miss sunny ]

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/29 07:31:16 )
✢◡✢
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

yall i've been in a flare for like a week and in horrible pain
can barely focus n i wanna be online during the event :(

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Voltie — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/29 10:03:43 )
Ooohh, nice to see a disability hangout area!
Hello, I'm permanently paralysed and wheelchair bound.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/29 21:53:25 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

hey vier how are you doing ^^

@vessel: the event will last for two weeks so no pressure!
if i have extra i'll save a bundle for you if you want ^^
take care of urself <3

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/31 01:47:43 )
&middot; ┈┈┈┈┈┈ &middot; ꕥ &middot; ┈┈┈┈┈┈ &middot;

@xvz: aw thank u so much <3

@vier: hey welcome!! how are you?
and yeah i always like to try and find community on sites im on! its hard to interact w ablebodied ppl sometimes so i like to try and get all my people together lmao

&middot; ┈┈┈┈┈┈ &middot; ꕥ &middot; ┈┈┈┈┈┈ &middot;

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/31 16:01:25 )

have you been able to enjoy the event much?
btw how's your cat doing :-0

Donator — xe/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 15:13:45 )
⭒✰would you like an adventure now...

Hello hello!!

My only official diagnosis so far is that I’m autistic, but I suspect I have a few undiagnosed things as well. I don’t know if I should share until I know for sure, but getting to a doctor these last few months has been.... difficult.

Nice to find a lil hangout for disability, so... nice to meet y’all! :)

...or should we have tea first?✰⭒

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 07:33:12 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

@xvz: my cats doing a lot better now but she has fleas :// it sucks cause im allergic and extremely itchy
ive done a couple of stuff in the event but havent been able to do much! im still kinda confused by it tbh LOL

@creativitea: hey welcome! im personally fine w self-diagnosis and wont judge u for looking for community within those groups whenever/if ever ur comf with sharing : )) ive self diagnosed w things and have had the majority of them confirmed by doctors / therapists once i was able to see them

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

Donator — xe/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 13:28:27 )

@vessel: thanks!! i also think selfdiagnosis is valid because i know how inaccessible it can be to get it (my gf has both mental stuff and physical stuff but not many of them diagnosed yet, but i mean living with her i definitely know it's there without the papers, ya know? i just feel wary talking about it because when i brought the undiagnosed stuff up at school, it....kind of backfired...:/ so yeah, i'm careful using the words until i have proof for that reason.. i ,might share eventually, but i think i gotta ease into it. for now i'll just say that i probably have a few mental ones (added to my autism, depression and social anxiety diagnosises, oof) , and maybe one physical that i have quite a few symptoms of..)

i think i have a bit of extra fear of doctors/not being taken seriously because it took so long for me to get the help i needed, and as an afab nonbinary i'm quite scared i won't be taken seriously :/

sorry if this post is a bit sad/self centered or something ; u; my brain is just a weird place lately, especially after.... ya know.. 2020 as a whole. :vanora_sweat:

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/5 17:47:27 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

@creativitea: ya i hate how shitty people are abt self-diagnosis - its hella classist, ableist, racist and misogynistic. & transphobic. most of the people ive known who self diagnose have put a LOT of research and time into trying to figure out whats going on with them

im transmasc and ive def been treated weird by some doctors - but i also live in portland oregon so theres at least some better stuff for trans people here. the one tip i have is to always tell them to write down whatever they refuse to do for you - like if they refuse to do testing - and learning how to heavily advocate for myself has helped me a lot. its really hard though fighting for ur right for treatment and survival
also youre not being self centered at all, dw! 2020 has been fucked

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 01:46:33 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

im in a flare :(

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

Donator — xe/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/7 14:45:58 )

@vessel: right?? like with my autism diagnosis, i got it late because it's based on one stereotypical white cis man. and i am lucky getting it, because i have certain privileges (lived in norway at the time where healthcare is mostly free, or at least covered. and i'm white, and was cispassing at the time. I know it's way harder for others for plenty of reasons, and it would be incredibly selfish of me to gatekeep people who don't have the same access, you know?)
and also like... the 20 years i went undiagnosed i was still autistic even if i didn't know. so the same applies to anyone else who doesn't have the papers for it.

the reason it's harder now is because i've moved to the UK, i'm sort of not as cis passing... and yknow.. covid..

but yeah i mean when i think i know what diagnosis i have while sort of selfdiagnosing, it's not because i'm like "oh, this sounds like fun!!", i'm confused about why my brain does a thing, and i put a lot of research in (usually while crying, partly because i don't want it to fit, but it does; but also just crying because it's overwhelming and i feel broken). I am desperately looking for a word that explains what I'm going through, i don't want another diagnosis to add to the list; but i know there's something undiagnosed there and i'm just trying to understand it... but I feel like people think i'm just looking for pity or trying to manipulate them, when what i'm trying to do is ask for help or empathy... :/
i don't want pity, it doesn't help, it's just othering. i'm just tired..

again, i rant
sorry!!!
it's just frustrating

please ping me, i am ditzy!

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/11 05:14:05 )
lmao god i hate doctors

i have a sneaking suspicion they would treat me differently if I was a cis guy.

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/14 03:05:39 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

doctors fckin suck >:( ive had a really hard time finding decent doctors - honestly i prefer naturopaths though cause theyre the only ones whove ever helped me

also
im in a horrible flare rn of diverticulitis and im supposed to vacate where im staying rn by the 17th

im nervous af like why arent disabled people just allowed to live

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/14 03:21:30 )
Oh jeez I haven't heard that term in forever. I forget where I learned that from? Did someone I know have that? Do I have that? aw crap i don't even know.

people are so shitty towards disabled people. I can't fathom how evil you have to be to get to that point....

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 17:23:43 )

how’s everyone doing ^^
lmk if there are any event items u didn’t have a chance to pick up :0 i have a few extra goodie bags

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 00:17:41 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

i'm livin in my van now yall. im thinking abt whether or not i should go to the hospital for my stomach pain

whats everyone been up to?

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

pm me if u wanna donate 2 my living funds

┋ 𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐒 ┋ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱 ┋ 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ┋
questinghangoutgallery

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 01:30:10 )

i'm sorry about ur stomach :-(
i ... i'm not a medical professional so i don't wanna give advice ... ._.

how's van life so far?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 01:33:24 )

my current mood is:

i've been abstaining from thc cuz i'm trying to lucid dream :v and i read it reduces rem sleep

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.