Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Camp Breaker 2020 Lina’s Beach (prizes and art)

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 20:01:25 )
Yep. They're hella expensive though lol. Between getting passes, to cosplaying, to buying merch. Could easily blow a whole paycheck on that lol.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 20:04:18 )
I save up all year to go. I definitely spend too much, but it's so fun!
I don't dress up though, it's too much effort for me. Plus then it's usually harder to walk and people want to take your picture and stop you. As it is, I never feel like I have enough time. XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 20:13:08 )
I've really only been to one con so far, and I dressed up and loved it. <3 But it's a lot of effort just thinking of which characters I want to go as because I feel like there aren't enough characters that I know that I could maybe pull off based on my natural appearance.

But I totally get where you're coming from! Probably helps you save money that way by not dressing up. xD

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 20:17:45 )
I dressed up a little my first year, but I felt like I didn't do enough. And anything more would cost so much!
So I spend my money on things at the con instead. XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 20:32:31 )
That's smart lol.
The one con I went to, I dressed up for the first 2 days and didn't for the last day, so that was nice. I might do the same for the next con I'm able to go to, since I like the idea of going to the whole thing versus picking which days to go.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 20:39:27 )
I love going all the days. My favorite is if I can get a hotel room at the hotel that's connected to the convention center because they have some panels and things at the hotel too, and lots of people hang out there all day and night. I've stayed at other hotels down the street, but it's more fun to be in the main one.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 20:42:33 )
That sounds like fun, but I imagine it's more expensive to stay in the same hotel as the con? Unless they offer like a package deal or something.

The one I went to happened to be in a city I was already living in, so didn't have to worry about lodging expenses for that one. The one I wanted to go to this year was out of town though, so that would have cost a pretty penny.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 20:55:13 )
That hotel does cost more than the other ones do. But it's worth it if we can get it, I think.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 20:58:09 )
Makes sense. I think it'd be cool to not have to travel for an event like that lol.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 21:05:25 )
It wod be nice if there was one close enough I could drive to it everyday. That would save a lot of money.
But It's nice to wake up and be there. XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 21:11:03 )
Not to mention parking is taken care of!
They have cons where I live now, but they're usually smaller and I never remember to mark my calendars, so I miss them lol.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 21:13:11 )
There's one small convention just a town over, I think last year was the first year.
But I haven't been yet.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 21:18:00 )
I think I'd like to try to go to other conventions too, besides anime I mean. Like I'm curious to try tattoo conventions, even though I don't have any tattoos yet. But I'd like to meet some artists and get some ideas for tattoos since I'm not the most creative of souls lol.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 21:20:22 )
I think basically any convention would be fun!
Maybe some of them for just 1 day

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 21:28:02 )
Yeah, same. I've gone to our Repticon a few times, which happens two or three times a year. I go just to look at all the pretty animals that breeders bring, but someday I may decide to buy some pretties.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 21:43:18 )
That sounds so amazing! I love all kinds of animals!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 21:49:44 )
Me too. :) I love seeing all the morphs that breeders come up with.
I'm considering getting a bearded dragon someday, but I need to do some more research first.

Donator — stand user Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 22:47:55 )

*strums geetar* hello lina how are u this funky sunday ?

🖤

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/26 23:00:26 )
A bearded dragon would be cool. I don't have the time or experience to have a very interesting pet probably.

Hello lullaby. I'm doing well, how are you?
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/27 01:17:15 )
I've always been fascinated by reptiles, but never took the time to get to know them well enough to justify having one.

My main thing is making sure they're warm enough. I'd feel so terrible if they got too cold, especially if I had like a power outage or something.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.