Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Xanthan's Xenodochial Xanadu

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 16:00:47 )
๐ŸŒˆ You gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser
You gotta be hard, you gotta be tough, you gotta be stronger
You gotta be cool, you gotta be calm, you gotta stay together
All I know, all I know, love will save the day๐ŸŒˆ

@DevilkinBoi: that is pretty shitty imo. My thing has always been, if you cannot give a decent estimate, then don't give one. And always over shoot the time etc. It is always better to shoot over and have something happen sooner than to shoot under and then have to stretch it out longer.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 16:15:03 )

@Xanthan: It's Puerto Rico we're talking about. Experts at failed estimates.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 16:17:09 )

@DevilkinBoi: <hugs> I am sorry. I wish there were something I could do to help

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 16:49:10 )

@Xanthan: There are just a lot of incompetent people in positions they shouldn't have in the first place.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 17:11:03 )

@DevilkinBoi: I pray for a few things each night but one of the things I pray for is that people with power will get good sense, and that people with good sense will get power... and that the rest of us will be blessed with the patience and the strength to survive the people we currently have in the meantime.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/2 17:17:11 )

@Xanthan: Sadly, it's unlikely to happen here. Most people get posts because they have connections. Not that I'm hating on it, I got my freelancing job through connections, but the people getting said posts don't have an inkling of knowledge as to what their job requires. Don't get me started on just how much corruption we have too. It's been a year since we outed the previous governor from office because of some disturbing things that came up. People were just tired and outraged, so they demanded he step down. Took time, but he eventually did.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 00:48:09 )

@DevilkinBoi: then i guess patience is the best thing to have atm

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 01:18:29 )

@Xanthan: People aren't going to be patient though.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 01:44:48 )

@DevilkinBoi: We can only hope and pray my friend. Not much else to do ya know?

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 02:16:45 )

@Xanthan: Maybe for them. I still got books to keep me busy.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 04:47:10 )

@DevilkinBoi: I do love a good book! I have been reading a lot for work and for school. some of it is ok some is Meh!

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 04:48:15 )

NO- Why we need to stop with all the YES!

The power of saying no is stronger than we believe. It is how to reclaim your life and it does it by reclaiming your time. All too often we are conditioned to say yes. This goes even deeper for women and girls who are taught to be there and nurture and give from an early age. This shows up in studies which state that women are less likely than men to take personal time, are more likely to spend lunch and breaks working on projects, and less likely to bargain at the table for a more appropriate salary when pitted against men of the same background and caliber.

From the Art of Saying NO:
No protects us from yes. No protects us from things that could hurt us. Saying no is an essential part of leveraging your time. If you have difficulty saying no, think about it this way. For each time you say yes to something, you are saying no to everything else. No does not have to be rejection. No combats the dangers of the word yes, it is a protective shield from the swords of yes. Most successful people in the world are not YES MEN. They say no.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtPRrn5nwAo

From the Discipline of Finishing:
Failure = Repeating the bad decisions Success = Consistency on good decisions Rule of success = Delay gratification! Be a person with these criteria :
1. Integrity: Say "no" to most things
1.1. Coherence between the diary and the values (the time you spend)
1.2. Mindfulness
2. Energy: Health, vitality and a bias to action
2.1. Deal with the next unit
2.2. One marshmallow at the time
2.3. Little steps
3. Intelligence: adapted intelligence (see the patterns and change the direction)
3.1. Describe the marshmallow (Diary)

Practical Tools to help you with each of these criteria
1. Integrity- Open their diary and count your hours. The coherence between a diary and your values is where your integrity lies. (When you track your minutes dedicated to tasks, you will know what your current value is and what you need to adapt in scheduling to allow enough time to for the values you tell your self means most to you. Be honest with yourself. If you say something means a lot to you then spend a lot of time on it!
2. Energy- Any task you do that takes time only allow your mind to see 15 minutes. Break and 15 minutes. Repeat and continue. (Deal with one step at a time, do not let your mind to jump ahead see the whole picture). Climb a mountain one step a time.
3. Intelligence- Write down everything. Write down your life and document yourself. Describe the marshmallow
Saying no more often to things, leaves more time for those things that you need to do to succeed. Otherwise you are living your life for others and never being able to get ahead yourself. You are too bogged down with the tasks of others.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXCiv4sc5eY

From the Power of No:
Wielded wisely, No is an instrument of integrity and a shield against exploitation. It often takes courage to say. It is hard to receive. But setting limits sets us free. No protects you from exploitation. It keeps you focused on your own goals. It keeps you true to your principles and values.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/articles/201311/the-power-no

From the Power of Saying No (Even to People You Love:
Say no to a lack of boundaries. Say no to inauthenticity. Say no to self-sacrifice and being a martyr. Say no to catastrophizing. Say no to draining people and situations.
https://tinybuddha.com/blog/the-power-of-saying-no-even-to-people-you-love/

Additional resources and information on why we need to learn to say no more often than we currently are:

The Power of No: Emilie Aries - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epAlxzmYyAE
Having the Courage to Say No: Katherine Mulski- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMxKNMCNv9I
Say No to Say Yes: Dr. Caryn Aviv- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iUag3c9HRc
Why People Pleasing Is Hurting You: Salma Hindy- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55HERZnmHT8
No, No, No, No, No, Yes: Gideon Amichay- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZScrNJ2gTQ

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 05:13:08 )
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ• โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

what's the marshmallow thing :0

โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜ โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

โ €โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝโ € {โ €art shopโ €·โ €galleryโ €·โ €closetโ €}โ €โ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝโ € {โ €buying / questing: capricorn โ €}โ €โ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 12:39:33 )

@Xanthan: Currently working on the Witcher series. Book seven of eight, so I'm almost done.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 14:33:16 )

@xvz: watch the youtube video I posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXCiv4sc5eY and it explains the marshmallow test. It is quite interesting to learn about. I haven't done much follow up on it to see exactly what the outcomes were for long term.

@DevilkinBoi: I have heard that is a neat series. I love the new avi btw.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 16:22:48 )

@Xanthan: It's a little tricky to keep track of all the names since there are so many characters, but I'm enjoying it.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 17:32:58 )

@DevilkinBoi: i may have to go shopping when i get my next check and buy some more books to sit and collect dust while i reread books i have had since the 90's lol

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 19:14:30 )

@Xanthan: I just need a bookcase.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 19:38:16 )

@DevilkinBoi: want me to send you one?
๐ŸŒˆ Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
๐ŸŒˆ

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 20:53:50 )

@Xanthan: I have to get the measurements first before I consider it.
Lucifer's Pet

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.