Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Xanthan's Xenodochial Xanadu

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 06:07:17 )
🌈 To my boy, all that energy so vital
Love your hues and your blues in equal measure
Your comings and your goings-away
My mission is to keep the light in your eyes ablaze🌈

@LilMissKushy: I feel terrible for not seeing you there on your bean bag chair! What's new what's shaking what's up?

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/21 13:18:17 )
@xanthan: yes it's so big it swallowed me up and u didn't see me haha not much just busy with kids and life.. what's up with you?

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 02:05:23 )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! How are yall doing? Finally getting caught up on uni stuff

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nagisa | 25+ | INFJ
xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx

Find me on: Buzzly.art | Twitter

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 02:06:19 )

@GodsandPunks: Hey welcome back. I like your post style.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 06:46:20 )

@LilMissKushy: my kiddo is great. Was a rough spot with the transition to virtual school but i now have my whole house on a clipboard task management system. My schoolwork was suffering but i can turn it around. How bout you lil lady?

@GodsandPunks: hey shoog! So good to see you down in these parts. Glad uni is going well. Did you ever figure out if you hit high enough?

@Totalanimefan: hey total! How you been?

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 10:29:55 )
@xanthan: I'm glad it all worked out for you.. so ur soon gets schooled from home now ? They have the schools open here which I don't thinks a good idea.. they don't want us to mingle with different house holds but they're opening more pubs ? ... stupid Boris Johnson hasn't got a clue... I'm good thank you was busy I had my baby's birthday to arrange just had a party at home with my sisters

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 14:25:10 )

@Xanthan: hey! I’ve been good. I really like where I moved to. It kinda feels like I’m on vacation still but working during it. Lol

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/25 10:33:18 )

@LilMissKushy: yes and no. He has school, allegedly as he would if he were in a brick and mortar school, yet it is nothing like as if he were attending in person. he has 2 teachers, facilitators really. and he has a learning management system he logs into which has his classes aka some activities, but mostly reading, responding, and reviewing. Not a lot of education going on. I have taken it upon myself, to essentially supplement his education. I look forward to his future and upcoming assignments. I then scour the internet for free resources to help teach him the information he needs to know. I also make sure that the teaching method is more akin to his learning style. that is why before school started I made a post for those who are parents on here and I was going to share resources but nobody responded. I spend probably 10 hrs a week looking for various educational materials which are in line with state expectations and standards as well as my own standards.

@Totalanimefan: it gives me hope when I hear you talking about how much of a blessing your move was. my partner and I are looking to move and I am nervous but excited.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/25 14:33:59 )

@Xanthan: it’s a lot of work and stressful. But worth it in the end. Just try to take it a day at a time.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/26 03:22:39 )

@Totalanimefan: thank you so much for the advice. Currently my biggest concern is finding something that's appropriate for me and my son and my partner. But deep down with my past I need to make sure that should things not work out with me and my partner I'm still okay with me and my son and the new place.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/26 05:09:44 )

@Xanthan: Yeah that hard. How old is he?

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/27 20:15:31 )

@Totalanimefan: my son is 13. He is about to be 14 in a few days. We have been having a lot of the sex talks and talks on appropriate digital presence. Covid has really squashed his growth. He is someone who relies heavily on interaction and friends. His age group is very social anyways but my kiddo takes it up a notch. He, um, likes to be extra lol But I try and support his ventures. He wants to be a streamer when he grows up. Never knew in my lifetime that that would be a career goal. Here I am getting my Ph.D. and looking at academia. He wants a camera and a mic and to do whatever it is he wants to do :)
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/27 20:43:34 )

@Xanthan: that’s a tough age. And tougher with COVID too. Maybe the streaming will keep him feeling less isolated? Streaming is pretty popular with kids his age. Weird to think that’s a career lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.