Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Favorite Foods

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 00:39:01 )
@Totalanimefan: Hmm, my first thought was 'Be Patient'. Moving is really stressful, especially long road-trip moving. It's easy to lose your temper during a move. I've had sh-t luck in the past with hotels during moves/traveling.
I also recommend sorting and getting rid of things Before the move, not after. Even if your upgrading to a bigger home.

I've moved a lot in the last 8 years. :o

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 01:00:04 )
Japanese curry, gyros, and pasta aglio e olio come to mind at the moment!

I also really love macarons and I want to start learning how to make my own.

This feels like when people ask what music I listen to and my mind draws a blank.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 01:06:32 )

@Koah: Luckily I only live in a one bedroom place, but I will still be getting rid of some stuff before I do the move. I think that we are going to use cross country movers of some sort. Then fly with our animals across the country. We might rent a small truck and drive but there is a lot of mountain driving between there and here. Plus it costs more than a flight.
@Kira: Japanese curry is so good! I haven't had it in a little while either.

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 01:14:27 )
@Totalanimefan: I have a few boxes of it but I've been too lazy to thaw and press my tofu. I think I might make it tomorrow, though!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 01:15:04 )
@Totalanimefan: if you don't mind me asking, where are you moving to and from? Sounds like a long haul! =O

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 01:16:54 )

@Kira: Monday night dinner sorted. ^^ Sounds good. Do you make it yourself and then freeze it, or do you buy it frozen?
@Koah: It's not set in stone yet, but it would be the CA Bay Area to the DC metro area.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 01:19:14 )
@Totalanimefan: OH my gawd! What a change! From one coast to another! wow!

I did Washington state to Virginia before and I got hit with culture shock pretty bad. I adjusted, but it took a couple of months.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 01:39:49 )

@Koah: Yeah. I'm originally from the east coast (FL though, not DC). It will be nice to move back to the east coast. Closer to family.
Last time we moved though my husband's company took care of everything for us, even the cost. This time we are all on our own XD
Where you are originally from?

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 01:54:40 )
@Totalanimefan: I buy it and then stick it in the freezer if need be. I could really use a tofu press, honestly. Haha.

What did you have for your last dinner?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 01:59:16 )

@Kira: I had Indian curry last. I got it from a takeout place that I really like. I got Butter Chicken. Onion-free!

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 02:57:55 )
@Totalanimefan: I've never had Indian Curry before. My partner's Indian and he wants to take me to an Indian restaurant to try some. I will definitely do that in the future!

[Quests][Store]

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 03:27:29 )

@Kira: Yes please try some, and there are all different kinds too!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 04:05:40 )
@Totalanimefan: For the most part, my childhood was in Washington state.
I've got a few friends from FL that are a lot of fun to be around. :3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 04:09:56 )

@Koah: Washington State to VA is a big difference. Maybe a little less if you were in NOVA, but that is quite different.
I've been to DC about 4 times. I feel in love with the area after I was there once.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.