Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Something positive today

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 20:39:28 )
@jolly: Overall, TX is very friendly in my experience. I've lived in the smaller cities and the bigger cities. The smaller ones are extremely friendly and everyone smiles at you and talks to you (which is exhausting as an introvert). The bigger ones are less likely to have random people start up conversations with you, but still friendly enough.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 20:48:43 )

@Jolly: That's really nice of your uncle. Even if it's just for a little while it could be a huge help.
I get really excited for plans too. When I made my plan to move to England for school I had to finish getting my AA in Florida and during the last year apply for Uni's in the UK and then wait and look up how to move there and everything. And right now, I have to loose plans for maybe moving back to the east coast. I try not to get too excited about that because it would probably be at least a year and some other things have to happen first.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 20:49:10 )

@Mousy: Your avatar is really pretty!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 20:56:55 )

@mousy:
That's how I remember it being. I used to live in Sugarland (but on the border of Missouri City), TX. just slightly south-west from Houston. I loved it so much.
I had a lot of lovely interactions with workers where I just walked in with a question and walked out feeling like I had a new friend. In one case, I literally walked in to ask some managers some questions about their business and walked out already hired for a job. I feel that one was a bit more unique lmao

Colorado is a bit more rough than that. Some nice people here and there, but most of the time it feels more difficult to obtain information because no one wants to exert any effort.

@totalanimefan:
Yeah exactly. I was indifferent about this uncle when I was a child because he used to be into gross habits and would always flake out on plans with us. He flaked out on my sister's wedding and it irked me, cause she had to pay for his table and everything.
But we've started chatting again recently since my dad told him I wanted to go live there. He's cleaned himself up so much and he sounds so happy, I'm really glad he's doing better <3

Wow, yeah my sister studied in England, its how she met her husband. They both live in the states now because immigration over there became too strict for her to stay. She was one year short of being able to apply for residency, but other restrictions would've still gotten in the way.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 21:08:52 )

@Jolly: It's good that he cleaned himself up. It's the right thing to do, but not always easy.
I didn't know you had a sister. Where did she study? (Also my husband is British and I met him at Uni). My husband and I picked the US because he was already working for a US company and wanted to work for their corporate offices. That's also why we are in CA now.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 21:22:40 )

@totalanimefan:
Its kind of funny because we also came from Florida, so that whole process was the same for her as it was for you xD
But yeah she studied to get her masters degree in Art. I think her uni was near st Alban's or somewhere on that side of London. Initially she had a LDR that she moved in with for most of her time there. It wasn't until towards the end that they broke up and she ended up with her current husband a few months later. Now they're doing really well here in colorado, so I'm happy for them.

I think about it a lot recently with how those two inspire me. Like, even when they were living in a van in germany, just struggling to find a place to shower. Or when they lived in a hostel in New Zealand. When immigration wouldn't let my sister in to be with her fiance. In some moments during their relationship, it really did seem like everything was trying to make it too frustrating to be together. They never lost their dedication for each other, never blamed the relationship for their hardship. They made sacrifices together and worked together until they succeeded. They're happy now, my sister always tells me how her husband is so entirely happy with his life and its really wholesome.

My ex couldn't even handle having to sleep on a japanese mat, bill-free for a few months to be with me xD

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 21:26:30 )

Sorry I ended up typing a lot XD Their story is a happy one, so still relevant to this positivity thread!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 23:33:33 )

@Jolly: Wow that is the same as me, moving from FL, started out from a LDR, got dumped, moved anyway, met my hubby at Uni. I didn't go to London though. I went to a small city in the north.
The 2nd paragraph is me and my husband too. Been through a lot together in a short period of time but we got through it and got stronger cause of it.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 23:53:14 )

@totalanimefan:
Yes, I love stories like these <3 two strong people just making it through life's challenges together.
Makes me happy to hear

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 23:54:14 )
There's something foul about the air here...

I got burger king for lunch, love me my impossible whoppers and liquid tooth decay lol

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 00:42:54 )

@Jolly: thanks. You’ll find your person one day.
@grost: impossible burgers are good. I wish I could buy the patties at the store.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 01:14:45 )

@Totalanimefan: You can actually! Kind of at least. The Impossible patties are actually made by the Beyond Meats brand (vegan meat alts, they make some bombass products), and they sell "Beyond Burgers" at a lot of big stores and health food stores. Somehow they managed (like the absolute Chad that Beyond is) to get their products to sit in the meat section between all of the other regular burger patties

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 02:28:58 )

@grost: Those are two different companies. Beyond Meats and Impossible Foods aren't related. ^^; I do buy Beyond Meat from the store when I can though.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 02:36:13 )

☆ Work extended my at-home leave for at least another two weeks, hopefully.
(I work closer to a city with way more confirmed cases, so this is good news!)

☆ Got a product sample back for my Etsy store! FINALLY
(Lots of postal delays, but what can you do)

☆ I currently have coffee and a snacc

☆ COMMUNITY DISCUSSION!
That I'm actually not at work for! ;_; omggggggg

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 04:08:15 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh woops Grost's stupidity strikes again lol I have no idea where I got that from I guess I must've misconstrued it at some point

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 04:55:43 )

@totalanimefan:
Or settle for a dog <3
thats the first priority

@grost:
dang I want a whopper now! They're so gross but so good at the same time

@kozi:
Ohh many good things! Glad you can have some time to relax without being at work, always a plus

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 05:07:05 )

@Jolly: The impossible whoppers are absolutely wonderful, just make sure to tell them to not put mayo on it, completely ruins it

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 05:13:33 )

@grost:
ohh i havent tried one. my favorite was when they had those jalapeno burgers. it never came back... :vanora_cry:

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 05:16:23 )

@Jolly: You can always add your own jalapeno to it. I might end up adding avocado to mine the next time I get one if we have it

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 07:04:25 )

@grost: Haha it's ok don't worry about it! I wish they were the same company sometimes. Then I could find impossible burgers in the store XD
@Jolly: Dogs are great! I have a dog.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.