Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Something positive today

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 01:40:33 )

What is something positive that you could say about today?
If nothing specifically happened, say something positive about yourself. How you look or feel today!

Jolly is practicing being jolly again xD

So for me--
I had a lot of decent interactions with people today. It feels like everyone I bumped into while I was out was in a pretty good mood, and it was just sorta pooling off of them in a way.
Oh yeah, and I was finding a bday gift for my sister. I only love shopping when it comes to gift shopping. Its like a chance to blow money without cluttering my own home. Is that weird? Does that make me a true female? I'm joking, joking

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 02:15:14 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I painted semi-realistic for the first time ever.
It's not complete but her face looks really good.
Or at least to me it does.

I just didn't think and started as often times that stops me is not knowing fundamentals well enough.
But i just did it and I am happy with it.
Now i just need to figure out her hair lol.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 02:32:58 )

@moodybats:
I definitely empathize with that reasoning, its why I hold back with painting too.
But "just doing it" is such a great way to get better and over time, little light bulbs just start going off!

I get real hard on myself lately when it comes to painting, but honestly.. I just gotta DO it more often <3

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 05:07:17 )
My sister's birthday card finally made it to her house (it was supposed to be there by the 5th lmao). I couldn't find the things she had on her list so I made a card and sent some money with it. She loved it 😭

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 05:09:55 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Jolly: For real. I got so bored of just doing flats.
And I always have urge to PAINT. so without thinking I just did it.
and I honestly am so glad i stopped thinking enough to do it because it's turning out to something
I am going to be very proud of.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 05:25:36 )

@lilykin:
Aww, I'm glad she received it in the end! I always get so anxious when mail I sent takes so long to be delivered. My post more often loses things completely.

@moodybats:
Yes! I'm proud of you!
I get that urge too but usually when I'm in a situation where I can't draw at all lol like any time I'm not home.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 05:31:07 )
@Jolly: I took a photo just in case it got lost
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 05:34:31 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Jolly: Mine tends to happen...very often.
so guess my body was like "stop waiting and just do it!"

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 05:41:05 )

Thank you for making this thread.
The weather was nice today and my husband took the day off of work. <3

Donator — Trash Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 08:48:02 )

Since 1103 posts.

ahh i love positive posts ;u;!
Work wasnt too stressful, I have the day off tomorrow, and I'm in the process of dying my hair a new color .

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Voltie — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 10:36:13 )
- The weather is great
- My coffee tastes good and I have plenty of it
- It's a scandinavian holiday, so the support line I'm working is quiet, which means a lighter workload
- I have plenty of cigarettes, and I'm about to light one up just for the heck of it
I've always wanted to lift a large quadraped over my head

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 10:52:15 )
Ah, this is such a nice idea!

✿ The weather is lovely today (thanks for reminding me to look out the window, Miika xD)
✿ Being in lockdown means I can save more money for mine and my partners future
✿ 3 day weekend in 2 days!!!
( ✧≖ ͜ʖ≖)
art dump ll instagram ll twitter

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 18:11:59 )

My day just began so I don't have anything meaningful just yet
But I'm loving the responses in here so far <3 It feels good to really take a moment and focus on what's going right
especially in contrast to how negative everything has been lately.
be the light!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 18:14:12 )
I was appreciated for my job today!
https://streamable.com/l8ysz

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 18:49:02 )

I got a good nights sleep and my husband walked the dog for me so I could just lie in bed. That was sweet of him.

Although I’m sad that at least two of my trips/vacations got cancelled this year good news is that we are taking that money and putting it towards the mortgage! Yay for paying down the house faster. Lol (and saving money on interest).

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 19:35:06 )

(yay for money saving!!)

I practiced tarot reading last night and honestly, I think it helped me a lot in a meditative sort of way. It inspired me to contemplate my options in the coming months and to keep my mind open to be prepared for what's to come after words. Graduation, the big whoppin' exam, visiting my uncle in TX so I can scout where I want to live and begin solidify my plans. I expect that I'll run into a couple of road blocks before I meet my goal. But, who knows? Maybe I'll be spot on..

I am eager to reach this point of my life but I must be patient. One day at a time. When it gets harder, as my coworker said, just take it 15 minutes at a time and before you know it, you're there.

I also really really want to get a new tattoo of a phrase my best friend tells me in times like these (it always becomes relevant to my life lol)
"konting kembot nalang"
roughly translates to "just a little more wiggling", as in to keep working, you're almost there

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 19:49:42 )

Hey it seems like your plan is going well as far and that makes me happy. ^^

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 19:53:45 )

@totalanimefan:
Yeah, my only worry is that there might be a 6 month delay before I can shift my CO massage license over to a TX one. So I might be stuck in place until April or something (assuming I get my license within a month or two of graduating, gotta pass a test)
But I plan to check things out in person when I visit and see if I can have a conversation with massage therapists where I want to move to. Maybe they'll have some helpful insight for me.

Hopefully they wont be rough like CO people and be like uhh why dafuq you talking to me go away xD
seriously that's how people are here.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 20:01:27 )

@Jolly: If the 6-month thing happens maybe it wouldn't be so bad because you could get some experience or some more money saved and you would have had time to visit the area you will live in in TX. ^^ It would kinda suck having to wait but you could turn it into an opportunity. ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 20:06:39 )

@totalanimefan:
Either way I have plenty of time to visit first ^^ and my uncle reached out to help me out with lodging as well (maybe not 6-months long, I wouldn't ask that of him. But if I needed it for the moving process for some reason, I have him as a safety net).

I just get so exciiiiited, it makes me impatient lmao I just wanna be there already!
But yes, I would easily have found a job here within those 6 months and more money saved is always a good bonus

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.