Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Another newbie for the pile

Donator — Dumbass Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 00:19:06 )
Hi, I'm Bearnas, but feel free to shorten that even further. I've gotten used to "Bear" by now!

I'm... honestly not much of a forum person -- not much of a social person in general, but I'm working on it -- so I was a little reluctant to join when a close friend of mine migrated here from Gaia. That was a while ago tho, I guess this is me making up my mind after a whole year or so, oof.

I've heard this place is very chill and has a friendly community, so maybe that'll give me some courage to post things instead of resigning to the lurker lifestyle I have long grown accustomed to.

Here's hoping I don't vanish after a week because I don't know how to hold a conversation haha

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 00:23:46 )
@bearnas tyr:
hiya, welcome to voltra! We have many regular chatters here so its all good OuO

they might eventually ping you here to greet you once they have finished doing their irl stuff.
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — Dumbass Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 00:32:58 )
@Kairu:
I know I shouldn't be intimidated by that prospect, but... can't help it xD

Thank you for the warm welcome, in any case! I'll have a good look around in the meanwhile ^^

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 01:14:07 )
=== A wanderer wanders from place to place ===

@Bearnas Tyr: Hi there, welcome to Voltra. ^^ The community is friendly from what I've seen and I used to lurk around forums since I'm not much a social person either.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 02:03:28 )

@Bearnas Tyr: Hey welcome to Voltra. If you need some volts come on over to my charity. Banner is in my signature.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 04:49:20 )
Ayy welcome! I'm the same way! I've always been a lurker but I really try to not be. Everyone here is really nice so you'll feel comfy for sure.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 05:52:46 )
@Bearnas Tyr:

Welcome Bear. I joined recently too. I'm more of a lurker than anything, but I want to earn volts and posting in forums is basically how you earn them for now. I was from Gaia at one time too, but I've not been on Gaia solidly since like the early 2000's before the cash shop existed. I go on, occasion and sell my old stuff and buy other stuff, just to decorate my avatar but I don't dare talk to people on there.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 06:18:53 )
@Bearnas Tyr: Welcome! From a former forum lurker I can assure you that this is indeed a chill and friendly place :]
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — Dumbass Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 06:38:36 )
@ChiffonOrange:
Thanks! From my short lurk session yesterday it really seems like everyone gets along- a rare sight on the internet nowadays, haha.

@Totalanimefan:
Thank you, and I'll keep that in mind. ^^
I feel much too awkward to make use of charities but I do appreciate the offer and when I stop feeling awkward about it I'll drop by!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 06:42:43 )

@Bearnas Tyr: Lots of people use the thread for chatting as well. ^^ So come and stop by if you need somewhere to chat.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 06:43:25 )
=== A wanderer wanders from place to place ===

@Bearnas Tyr: Lol yeah it is indeed, at least this site is peaceful compare to other forum sites

Donator — Dumbass Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 06:48:23 )
@LittleSnail:
@Lilykin:
Ah it's comforting to know there's more (ex-)lurkers around, haha. Thank you for the welcome, and hopefully I'll be able to waltz into some threads and make conversation with you all in no time!

Well, maybe "no time" is a little too fast for me. "A smaller amount of time than usual" seems like a more achievable goal. xD

Until then... I'll be lurking about 👀

Donator — Dumbass Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 06:56:50 )
@Crystalkitsune85:
Oh wow, I didn't join Gaia until early 2011, and only started posting in their forums in late 2016. Even then it was only for some event I got into, rather than to actually converse with people. 80% or so of Gaia's forum regulars scare me, haha, which is probably why I avoided it like the plague.

Thought I was making some social progress for a while but it looks like that was very short-lasting since I ended up reverting back to my lurker state. ^^'

I too only really use Gaia to dress up my avatar and look pretty nowadays. xD

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 07:09:31 )
@Bearnas Tyr:

I was going to college when I joined Gaia, so I think it was around 2005ish because that's when I had my first set of classes. I had a digital painting class, and met a couple other people who were also in Gaia too. I RPed there for a bit until people started treating poor people like dirt. Those who had a lot of stuff and money snubbed their noses down at less fortunate. I was one of those kind and people treated me like crap. Telling me posts were stupid or didn't belong where I posted. I left until like 2010 weren't as bad, but they had the cash shop installed by then, and all the good looking outfits were tempting but I didn't want to pay real $ for fake stuff lol. When I left Gaia, I found Roliana and stayed there for the longest time until they updated their whole site after a 3 month hiatus. The remake was horrible and lost a lot of people. Then it recently went down last year, which sucked, but it was a ghost town by that time.

Donator — Dumbass Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 07:25:05 )
@Crystalkitsune85:
OG Elitism is Gaia's bane now, from what I've seen anyway, haha.

I must've missed out on Roliana, I literally only heard about it yesterday. (Saw it mentioned somewhere during my lurk-scursion, I wonder if it was one of your posts?)

Sorry to hear it died on you, though.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 07:31:43 )
@Bearnas Tyr:

Probably. Or Cheshire who also started today. We were talking about it since she came from Roli. It was a really nice place. Gosh I remember back when it used to look like. It was so primitive. The artwork was kind of sub par, and they did update the artwork to nicer stuff, but didn't change the lay out. Once it became Roliana 2.0 the whole site was reworked. And the fonts were horrible. You couldn't navigate well, and it was just confusing. If you didn't get in at the beginning you would have not liked it, in the later years before the big server crash which was like the straw that broke the camel's back. They had to go to a new server and severely reduce the look of the site, so all that hard work from before was for naught lol. I peeked into the site a couple years ago and saw how minimal it was. It was sad. When I checked up on it last year, there was a "This was a good run, but we're shutting down in June" kind of post. I sent my last goodbye to the site, so I at least got to do that.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 07:34:06 )
They had this as a server map, but then totally abandoned it

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 07:51:10 )

@Bearnas Tyr: hello there! Welcome to Voltra! <33

bloop

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 14:02:10 )

I am looking for some items in my quest thread!
I can offer a trade or art for them!

HIYA BEEEEAR!! Welcome to Voltraaa!

Come chill at The Treehouse or visit my Item Trading Thread!
[Pixels by Ghost & DragonicKittens!]

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 14:35:01 )

welcome to voltra~

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.