Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My pet birb (pets discussion)

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/5 00:18:55 )
I would like to say that my birb.. IS SO FLOOOOOFEEEEHHHHHHH ;A;

its so cute -cri-

---------------------------------------
Questions:
* Do you have a pet? If you dont own one, what kind of pet do you want to own?
* Whats the very best thing for having a pet? (is it because its flooooofffyyyy? ;A; , or is it something else?)
* Do you ever dream owning a pet that you cant own cos.. its not allowed or.. it doesnt exist?
* Any thoughts about tips on making your pets happy?
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/5 00:46:42 )
I have two cats and they're sooooooo floooofy Augustus Caesar or Gus is 5 years old and we got him from the SPCA. He doesn't like being carried, but he lets me hold him in front of the window so he can look at the birbs. He also doens't like sitting on laps, but he BEGS to be scratched. I love my dum dum. My other kitty is Loki Laufeyson or just Loki. I pulled him out pf the engine of a car last winter when he was 3/4 months old. He's a super nervous boy is afraid of new people, but loves floofy blankets and jumps up to you hand for pets.
Cats are the best, I want like 12 XD But I also want a rat. And a ferret. And a chameleon. And a dragon XDD I just love little animals that just chill at your house, eat your food and then ask to be scratched XD

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/5 01:11:46 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

I have two cats, but there are five in the house
All five apparently have soft fur, but Jazz's is extremely soft

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/5 01:12:23 )
Right now I just have a dog.

The best reason for having a pet is because they are great companions. Unconditional love is rare and you gotta snug it when you can.

I don't dream of owning too many strange pets because I've had almost everything you can fit in a house. Rats, Mice, Ferrets, Hamsters, Guinnea pigs, Snakes, Spiders, Dogs, Hedgehogs, Bats, Squirrels, Crows, Parrots, , Fish, Millipedes, Praying Mantis, Frogs, Lizards, uhh... probably a lot more I cant think of right now lol...

The BEST way to make pets happy is do your research. Even down to the specific breed of dog. Many animals require special care and diets to thrive, and not knowing what you're doing can make them sick quick.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/5 01:58:38 )
I have a 3 year old Staffordshire Bull terrier.. his name is Alfie.. I sometimes call him Satan spawn because he's very naughty he steals people's stuff and chews them up xD .. and I call him piglet sometimes too because he snores and eats like one xD .. he likes to have his ears scratched or his belly rubbed..

I love all animals but I would like own a horse or a micro pig .. horses are majestic and pigs are adorable XD

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/12 01:54:33 )
I am currently the owner of 17 parakeets. Why do I have so many? Mostly because the ones I have now, besides two, have been bred here at the house. I have two females that are bought from a pet store, but the others are all ones that were born here at my house. Long story short, I started with two parakeets in 2013 and (and bought 2 more a year later) and between then and now, I've accumulated all these others. They're offspring of the originals I bought, plus their offspring and etc.

Owning that many parakeets can get loud. Also you have to make sure you have plenty of room, and separate males from females unless you are purposely pairing them off for breeding. Otherwise you'll have males fighting over females and that can get dangerous. Also pairing females together can also be iffy, since some females will lay unfertilized eggs during the breeding season, and having another female getting too close can cause her to be attacked, so that's something else to worry about. I have mostly males, and they are together in a large cage against my wall. I have two females in one cage on my desk, another two together on my bookshelf, and then two sisters together up on top in a smaller cage. So far everyone gets along so that's good. Also you ask "why don't you sell them?" and I'll say: Partially one reason I don't want to sell them, is because I'm super picky about who owns them. I want to know they'll go to a good home, and not to strange people. Its like giving your child away to strangers. You want to make sure the person you give them to, will care for them and not mistreat them. Also, I get too attached to them when they're babies, so it makes it hard to give them/sell them off when I get attached.

If anyone has questions about parakeets, I probably will have an answer lol.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/12 04:30:27 )

I have a birb too and he is the love of my life. He has a huge personality and is so happy, especially with everyone home all day for quarantine
I couldn't ask for any other feather dragon <3

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.