Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Breaker Beach 2019 Daily Lore & Evolving Goldfish

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 14:30:57 )
@TeaTales: Shopping with your dad sounds nice. Mine never did anything with me unless he was getting a new car. I would tag along then to look at them.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 15:24:06 )
@kiri: that is also about the only thing my dad and I ever do together these days. as a child and teenager he was rarely ever home, mstly he was out working under the table or at a bar/friends getting so drunk he barely could drive. ( he be alcoholic ^^; ) about now he mostly drives places as his legs are too weak for him to be able to stand up or walk very far.

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 15:42:57 )
@TeaTales: Ah. Same here, minus the alcoholic part. My dad wasn't at bars often, but he was always working. Wouldn't even take vacations he could take to do anything with us. I do everything with my mom.
This is my topic in the Exchange. Please go buy my items. I have old crate items and orb items for sale.

https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7218/#666694

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 15:48:14 )
I didnt do anything wit my mom either... She usually just at at home watching television, tuffing herself with chocolate. didnt eve help prepare us for school n the mornings so I took that responsibility those 3 years I lived with them.. the rest of the time Ive lived at 2 institutions ( or well one institution and one orphanage ) and one fosterfamily. the fosterfamily I got a lot more fond memories of and with as I remember thm taking out camping, or go down to the beach that were part of their property..

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 16:06:05 )
a bunny! :3

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 16:42:49 )
Lots of lovely avatars in here! Y'all purdy! ^.^

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 17:00:19 )

Omg it's noon already o.o how did that happen.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 17:41:54 )
@Shadami: Ya. Hopefully we'll get today's lore soon! ^.^

Come chill at The Treehouse or visit my Item Trading Thread!
[Pixels by Ghost & DragonicKittens!]

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 18:36:12 )
my 'today' is not more day anymore than it is evening ^^;

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 19:47:08 )
I........... passed out. I'm awake nyow ;'3c

@goblin: YEAH sometimes like drawn/animated food like looks way better than irl food so its like 👀 yeah hell yeah... I wanna be able to achieve that level of delicious (but also iunno where to begin with that so EHHH)

bless thanks.. the gods are hard to design but super fun... I wanna get like, wild and weird with some of them but iunno where to begin with it DKJHDKJD BUT ALSO DYING YOU HAVE GOOD IDEAS TOO DEVELOP THEM I WANNA SEE.

I have no attention span and I wanna do too much stuff why am I LIKE THIS....

@teatales: OOF backgrounds always knock the wind out of me they're so hard... like I barely ever bother drawing them because I'm so bad at it HAHA (which is probably why I'm so bad at it...)

Donator — Ze/Zir Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 19:57:21 )
Fae Says --->

oh nice we hit 80 earlier today!

Hellu everyone~! I'm a bit late getting on today, mom had me take the puppy to get her next puppy shot :>

~!*!~ LittleWhiteDragonlet ~!*!~
Voltra Art Shop ~OPEN~ | Voltra Item Shop | Avatar and Art Gallery

Fae | 27 | They/Them
Please Always Ping!
RLC Commission Prices

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 20:09:35 )
@vintage: angular backgoround sike strets and buildings are a struggle in bgs. but nature is just so eay and calming. :3 that along with drawing horns and wings, and tails

facial expressions, hands and non-stiff poses are probably my biggest weakness when it comes to art

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 20:22:46 )

Questing: Virtuous Guard x2 | Alice | Merlantis | Sticky Fingers x2 | Woodland Fae x1 | Splish Splash x1

@SnakeWeaver: true. 'rubs eyes' I'm a happy star. i finished my antibiotics yesterday so for once i don't feel all off my game today 'does happy wiggle'

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 20:29:05 )
@teatales: OH DON'T I KNOW IT... I make the mistake of setting most my stories in urban settings so its like '"h cool time to die trying to draw a building... perspective? what's that?''

but GOOD I'm glad you enjoy drawing it o: I'm jealous of that I struggle with all of those HAHA

OOF yeah those are challenges... doing wild face expressions is one of my fave things to do, my advice is to just push your exaggeration a liiil more with each drawing, eventually it'll feel natural and it'll be easier to do o:

hands tho... that still eludes me...

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 20:35:58 )

@frizz:
A rabbit

Always ping me please.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 20:47:50 )
@vintage: yeah I just try to go for a semi-realism in my art, but it obviously dont go to well. usd to draw every day, but have been in a loooong slump since some rl business that left me on hospital for a couple months. Also I think part of the reason why I'm so bad with facial expressions is because I have asperger and have a terrible hard time looking people in the eyes, sometimes also their faces

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 21:14:15 )

TeaTales:
@vintage: yeah I just try to go for a semi-realism in my art, but it obviously dont go to well. usd to draw every day, but have been in a loooong slump since some rl business that left me on hospital for a couple months. Also I think part of the reason why I'm so bad with facial expressions is because I have asperger and have a terrible hard time looking people in the eyes, sometimes also their faces

Can you look at pictures? If you can you could have someone make an expression for you in the angle you need and practice from there.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 21:30:44 )

2. Velvet was trying to convince Io to wear something different/look his best.
3. The third meal Virgil ate was fried noodles.
4. Constance dropped a fish shaped taikyaki into the garbage.
5. The last duck was worth 50 points.
6. A rabbit's face is on Milly's phone case.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 21:36:19 )
@shadami: yes, and I do look at pictures, but try for all tha I can to not use my own facial expressions, and got no friends nearby t help me with that kinda stuff, so mostly I find facial expressions from movies or cartoons and try to do it afteer without it being a complete copy ofc.

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 21:46:24 )
@teatales: oof yeah I can understand why it'd be a struggle then :c

I understand what you mean about the eyes though like, I can never draw people looking forward/at the audience it stresses me out

definitely agree about the references tho o: I tend to need to use them, especially if Im trying to pull off some pose and its like 'uggh... how would an arm even look posed like that' or something lkHJK

young dumb and full of crumbs

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.