Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Given the choice, would you rather invent a potion that would guarantee you:

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/5 21:50:20 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Which form of love? I'm pretty sure most are gonna have romantic or sexual in mind, neither of which appeal to me
Glory is overrated, especially when fame is involved. Hell, when fame is involved it becomes a disaster
Wisdom can be a curse. All this stupidity and despite nudges to do good, many still insist on the bad route
Power...no thanks. Power is like those nice shoes: they look nice, but they hurt after a bit and if you wear them for too long, become painful

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/5 22:44:28 )
I wish there was a happiness potion in there to help fight depression. T~T But I bet there would be a downside to using it like all the other potions.

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/5 23:54:06 )
Frankly, none of the above would yield good results.

But, in the situation that not drinking a potion wasn't an option, I'd vote on love.

No one specified what type of love it was - I'd drink it for a Love for Humanity; to retain some semblance of hope and compassion even as things go further and further into chaos. Wisdom eventually stops yielding results when logic no longer drives motivation. Power creates enemies in those who desire it and eventually corrupts those fighting to retain it. Glory leads nations to their eventual demise.

But love? It doesn't win wars - it compels those who can into action to protect the people they care for. Even if it means walking down the road to hell from my good intentions. I'd lose much less sleep over that.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/6 01:31:21 )

@Mousy: FINALLY, POWER BUDDY
nobody said you had to use it to be a supervillain, after all.

AKA Count Trashula

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/6 06:08:39 )

》::: ✿・`.*
My choice is definitely love. I feel like I give so much of mine away and don't get it in return
*.`・✿ ::: 《
Please ping me!

Donator — Bunnies! Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/6 08:12:16 )
I'm loving these deep philosophical debates here! I think there are a lot of aspects of each that we take for granted.

For example, take the "Dunning Kruger effect" which basically says stupid people don't realize they are stupid and smart people underestimate how smart they really are. It boils down to the more wisdom you have, the more you understand what you don't actually know. So wisdom in a vacuum might be pointless, you might just end up realizing how insignificant you really are.

But since we aren't in a vacuum, the potential for wisdom is theoretically endless. You would not only know what do do to accomplish your goals but also how to get it done, who you'd need to talk to, what you'd have to say, etc.

Power might seem like ripe for corruption on the surface, but you could argue that true power wouldn't be so superficial. You can't be stupid or evil and remain in power for long. You'd be overthrown or lose your power eventually. I'm not just talking politicians here, so many powerful and rich people have squandered their wealth and positions and reduced to humble or scorned lives. True lasting power would imply a legacy of greatness that would be remembered forever.

That said, I still might choose love. Not sexual or anything, but a level of empathy and understanding about our world and everyone on it. Some tasks can be solved with knowledge, as in finding a cure for cancer. Some can only be solved with empathy, as in homelessness or wars. Since most people are picking wisdom, I think I'd choose love.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/6 09:17:23 )

There needs to be more threads like this on Voltra. It’s awesome.

I would pick Love. I have a lot of empathy and the people that I care about are really important to me. I would pick them over pretty much anything else.

But then since I already have love maybe that shouldn’t be the one I pick?

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/6 17:05:06 )
@eliechan:
@Totalanimefan:

The best part of this is that this question is from the Pottermore Hogwarts house quiz. Hehehe.

Unfortunately, you can't choose "none" on it like some people are doing here. Understanding the question within the confines of the Harry Potter universe might make it easier to answer, though. But there were definitely a lot of times I wanted more context or couldn't decide on an answer to a question. That was rough.

It's been fun seeing everyone's reasoning for choosing what they did!

Actually, there is a version of the quiz where choosing blank is an option! That gives me a thread idea.

[Quests][Store]

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/7 10:10:03 )

@Kira: go forth and make other good threads

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.