Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Sometimes I Hate The Postal Service

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 16:14:49 )
@vengeance: Damn.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 16:18:38 )

@LordLucre: Yeh the CD was out of print.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 16:41:48 )
@vengeance: That really sucks.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 16:44:50 )

That sucks.
One time I shipped an iPhone to my mom. I paid for insurance.
The phone didn’t arrive at my moms. The package did and it said item lost in shipping. So I contacted USPS and they never refunded me. I sent them multiple letters and my mom gave the box back with the note and we had pictures and my receipt.

To this day I’m still so mad at them because someone at the US postal service stole my iPhone!! And I paid for insurance and I never saw any of that money either! What was the point? How the hell can they get away with that?

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 16:46:29 )
@Totalanimefan: What the hell even?!?

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 16:49:35 )

@LordLucre: I know. I’ve gotten myself all mad this morning cause of it. Like even years later I don’t understand why I never got my money back!!

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 16:58:52 )
@Totalanimefan: That is truly ridiculous. D<

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 18:02:17 )

@LordLucre: yes it is. So since then I haven’t used them at all. I use Fedex normally now. They have lost my business

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 18:39:08 )
@Totalanimefan: Sadly, I had no control over who got the package since it was coming from Japan.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 19:02:44 )
Ughhhhh they would do that to me ALL the time. Finally, I just gave up with my apartment mailbox and got a P.O. Box. I’d have to go get my package, but it was better than it never being delivered.

I had a dress stolen once and it was the last one available. The company refunded my money, but I never got my beautiful dress. ☹️

I would get so mad when they would mark it undeliverable or whatever. There were times that I was literally OUTSIDE waiting for the package and it was undeliverable? Seriously?
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 19:35:27 )

@LordLucre: that sucks. I’m sorry :(

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 20:09:23 )
@Mousy: Aww, that absolutely sucks! D:

@Totalanimefan: I finally saw the issue when I checked the USPS tracking. Somehow, SOMEHOW, USPS changed the zip code on the one that arrived fine. One that had the actual correct zip code, but got sent back because oh, unknown address error, this is an unknown address, we gotta send it back. Both also went through the exact same process, so I don't know what the hell even happened.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 23:27:12 )

@LordLucre: what the hell? I swear people there don’t know what they are doing.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 00:47:19 )
@Totalanimefan: Thank God I contacted the website I ordered it from, because looks like they got in contact with the people and managed to get it delivered today. Just went downstairs to check the package board and the apartment is on the list. Have to wait till morning though.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 01:58:29 )

@LordLucre: congrats on getting it sorted.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 02:22:26 )
@Totalanimefan: Might send it elsewhere next time to try to prevent this from happening again.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 02:35:00 )

@LordLucre: yeah good idea. I have no idea why one came to you and one didn’t. That’s so weird.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 03:49:27 )
Kozi:
@LordLucre: Ugh. That fricking sucks.
The postal service around here is notorious for that, too.
They just leave the note that you missed it, but didn't even bother coming to the door. :/

Ours has done that, too! I figure they have deadlines or something. Luckily I'm home most days around the time mail comes, and doubly luckily I live in a cul de sac, so they have to pass by my house twice. And if they just leave a slip the first time without trying to actually deliver, I cross the street to my neighbor's house and wait for them to come by a second time and make them give me my stuff.

The worst thing that ever happened to me, though, was last year a package from Japan went missing. My wife and I use this service called Tenso, where you can buy Japan-only products and have them sent to a post office box run by Tenso. They will package all your packages into one parcel and ship them to you in another country, in case some sellers won't ship outside of Japan due to costs and hassle. (Not illegal stuff and no liquids or anything like that.)

Well, we had $200 worth of merch reach customs in New York and just disappear. And we couldn't rebuy anything, because they had either sold out in the online shops we use (like Booth) or because they imposed a quantity limit.

We just kept hoping our stuff would eventually turn up, as the months went by. And then I happened upon an ebay auction THAT HAD MY STUFF. The exact things I had ordered, in the exact quantities, from one particular seller. I knew that was absolutely my stuff, but I was scared to tell the seller up front in case they took the listing down and ghosted me. So I paid $100 for just a small portion of my original parcel from Tenso. Then once it was safely in my hands at home, I messaged the seller and asked how they had ended up with my package. And he told me that he went to a postal auction in Atlanta (nowhere near my home state). The post office somehow must have damaged my package to the point where my address wasn't readable, then they just opened all my stuff up and sold it at auction!

I never did recover any more of it. That guy promised to help me track more things down, and I even sent him a list with pictures and he decided he couldn't be bothered. I'll never get that other stuff back.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 03:50:00 )
@Totalanimefan: It's a mystery.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 08:46:09 )
@Eldweena: That... is pure bullsh*t. I cannot believe that happened. D:
I've never used Tenso in particular, but I know of them. I considered using them for lolita clothes at one point.
That auction thing is new to me, though. That kind of sucks.
I knew they did that with storage units and leftover travel luggage (after a long while).
I didn't know they did it with postal good, though!

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.