Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk What do you do for a living/What would you like to do for a living?

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 19:52:11 )
Staff Memo:
This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

Hi all. Don't share too much, like your company name or location, but I want to know how do you spend your days?

Are you a student? What do you want to be? What's your dream job? What job do you have now?

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 19:54:12 )

I'm working as a temp right now. I don't mind it because it has given me the chance to work for a lot of different companies quickly. Right now I'm doing data base management for a company. What I want to do is QA for a tech company. I am good with Linux/Mac and Windows. I am also trying to learn Python, but that's kinda hard for me. I need a better teacher and I need to do more online class with it.

I think that soon I will be good enough. I'm just not there yet.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 21:21:35 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: Night shifts suck. I'm glad you don't do those anymore.
How long have you been working at this job? How did you find it?

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 21:31:27 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: Nice that you were able to grow with the role. I hope to be there one day. At the moment I feel like I'm not employable but I know that it's just all in my head. I have a job and every single assignment left me a glowing review when I was done.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 21:33:13 )

@Bioshock: That sounds really cool. I hope that one day you are able to have some bees.
Good luck with college and a future job in that field. It certainly has a lot of job openings.

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 23:15:21 )
I'm an author. I write horror books, they're very gory hahaha.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/29 23:31:23 )

@Queen of Trash: Wow really? That's really cool that you are an author.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 03:19:44 )
I make art, I sell comics. My dream job was working with the developmentally disabled, but I have neither the time nor resources to invest in the schooling required for the job. I'm content where I am for the time being, as selling comics is inspiring me to create more art. Hooray.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 03:40:41 )
want to do something with computers n coding n programming
idk at this point i just want enough money to live comfortably without too much stress

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 03:52:15 )
I'm a researcher at a biopharma company. we discover and characterize new molecules for potential drugs

I had a lot of "dream jobs" growing up bc I never really knew what I wanted to do. It's only in the last few years that I realized this was it

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 05:34:08 )

@Hachi: Wow that sounds like a tough but rewarding job! It's a pretty cool one too.

@nut: There are a lot of jobs that fit that. I hope that it works out for you.
@Glume: Maybe one day when you are older you can do that job. Your current job is pretty cool

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/30 10:28:18 )
X X X

I'm on disability, but, if my body wasn't so messed up, I'd go back to the Navy or go into law inforcements.

@Glume: their are several houses for mentally disabled around here and they're so desperate to get people that you can work part time there, get salary and they pay for your education.
That's how my mother and uncle managed to get through college.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 08:00:16 )
@Queen of Trash: I love Horror , Pm me some must read titles please

As for me I'm a programmer for a banking startup. Wouldn't say its my dream job but it's fun alright. Maybe some day I'll start my own startup or go into gamedevelopment or whatever. For now I'm fine with raising my skills here and building apps in my spare time.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 20:32:41 )

@GalacticGoudvis: you could make a mobile gaming app in your spare time?

@Hazer: and you are doing a great job!

@Tuijp: good luck. I hope your body can recover. <3

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 20:34:14 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah, I have 2 books on amazon right now and I'm working on my third.
I sell art.
I'm buying art.

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 21:28:22 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I caption video and audio.

I would like to be able to caption videos in different languages and become a freelance artist
and do that for a living.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 04:10:02 )
I currently work Customer Service/Store associate at a retail store.... and absolutely loathe it. I wanted this job so that i could make people happy and build up my knowledge/experience base to move on...but i havent gotten a whole lot of training outside of what i have to do for my job title and even then they want speed and no errors over empathy and care about the customers experience.

What i want to be doing is entertaining people, i want to write , work on my tabletop game, make video/audio content, etc

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 09:37:13 )
X X X

@Totalanimefan: it can't. I have Marfan Syndrome and they have no cure.

Voltie — _xe@insta Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/5 17:30:12 )
i'm currently a Graphic Designer, but i'm considering learning more HTML, CSS, JavaScript to switch to a web designer/developer.
My cousin suggested UI/UX design so maybe learn things involved with that as well.

Or another option is do a Masters in Interaction Design or something to get into a art/tech career with a high salary.

Maybe a dream thing is become one of those millionaire Patreon artist people so i can just draw all day, but along side that a job that gives good life long benefits after working for them for a certain amount of years.
~(˘▾˘)~

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/7 11:08:11 )
I'm a coordinator at a non-profit youth organization. I work with 12 to 17 yr olds and it's pretty great haha. I never knew I wanted to work with kids up until 5 yrs ago.
call me grem
they/them

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.