Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Pokemon

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 09:23:22 )
I used to collect the cards, but very rarely actually played. I've still got a big binder full of them, but they're just collecting dust right now. (Also, nice name. :P)

Donator — DirtyHobo Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 09:29:46 )
Some of the older cards I love a ton! The art work is just so nice on them. I been slowly working on having every card from every set. I have 13 full sets right now got tons more to do :vanora_sweat:
Also nice name as well. Ninjas will rule the world!

Voltie — Degenerate Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 18:25:34 )
I have Pokémon Sun but I just cba to play it. I think I'm less than half way through the game.
The games just stop being fun to me...maybe I should try to pick it back up though. Sun/Moon looked cute.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 21:19:48 )
Yeah, I think pokemon isn't for everyone e as a game. Its very routine and formulaic, and if you aren't a fan, you probably will just end up wasting your time doing something you don't enjoy

Voltie — Lil' Birb Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 22:31:06 )
All this talk about Pokemon Sun/ Moon makes me want to play it again! Wanna battle someonneeeee ;;

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 22:28:22 )
To me, Pokémon breeding is just... boring. I'll usually do it just to get the last few 'Mon I need for the PokéDex. (Dewpider, come out, come out, wherever you are... Ah, screw it...) :P
Either that, or I'll just breed eggs to transfer over to a new game when I want to experiment with a new starter/team.

Voltie — Lil' Birb Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 00:07:08 )
@Lily: Should still battle me anywayss! :P
Oooh yaas showdown is fun! :D

Art by Uncledaddy!

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 01:03:00 )
@lily: I've never done a Mystery Egg team, but I've liked doing themed teams, or just using some things early game that you otherwise wouldn't get until later. For instance, I found Inkay was bonkers early game in X, just because the AI basically seemed to be saying "if player stat is at/above average, use stat lowering move". And, well... guess how that turned out for them? :P

Also, hey, fellow pacifist! That's one reason I like the Tabletop. You can get Pokémon on your team by methods other than 'bludgeon them into submission'. XD

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 02:09:55 )
@Lily: I know. It was amusing. "Foe used Leer!" "Foe used Leer!" "Foe used Leer!" ...yep. Good job, guy. You'll get there eventually.
Kinda reminds me of another funny thing. I was using Ribombee as my main in Moon, and it had Shield Dust as its Ability (which I forgot)... so I entirely forgot some things had secondary effects. Let to some amusing moments when I swapped into something else and was like "Wait, Bulldoze didn't slow me down before..." or with Fake Out, "Wait, why didn't I flinch?"

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 14:10:30 )
Do you guys play Pokemon Go?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 22:23:43 )
@Panda: I'm afraid I don't, no. No smartphone, for one. XD

@Lily: I've always been a fan of bug types, and Sun/Moon gave us some really awesome ones. Cutiefly and Ribombee managed to shoot up to the top of that list (and near the top of favorite Pokémon, period) just from aesthetics alone. But it was pretty fun to use, too. I have no idea what its "gimmick" would be, though, besides healing Pollen Puff?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 03:54:07 )
@Lily: I think, for me, Psychic's probably the one that's my favorite. Deoxys, Gardevoir, Delphox, Reuniclus, Metagross... The list goes on.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 04:31:56 )
@Lily: I'll be honest... I rarely choose favorites based on how strong they are. I mean, it's convenient if they're strong, but, like, I've gotten a real soft spot for Chimecho (and especially Chingling), and I don't think anyone will argue they're strong. XD

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 04:39:42 )
@Lily: I'll be honest... I don't keep up with any competitive anything, so I've no idea what the gimmick sets might be. For anything. My typical run through any given Pokémon game generally just involves brute forcing stuff with whatever I happen to like. XD

(I do kinda wish that ordinary route trainers would have more than two or three Pokémon. Maybe have Gym Leaders/equivalents - at least the later ones - have more full teams?)

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 04:58:26 )
Fairy type is the best type i'll fite u
and probably win unless you're arguing for steel or poison but--
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 06:19:56 )
@Lily: They were harder than ORAS, at least (though that's a low bar to step over). With those, literally the only fight that gave me any trouble at all was Steven - it came down to if my Blaze Kick hit or missed...
(And now I'm remembering that Ninja in Emerald that was to the left of Fortree. I didn't know how close I was to the city first time I played, blundered into him with a really weak team, and he Selfdestructed, wiping both of our teams. If only I had turned right instead. XD)

@Slytherclaw: You'll win by default anyways, since I won't fight you. :P

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 22:06:43 )
@Lily: If you want real bumbling... I never managed to make it to Verdanturf until I came back, with Rock Smash, from Rustboro. Because when I was exploring west of Mauville for the first time, I got sidetracked by the day care, and then had to go back to heal after a bunch of trainers. And then apparently never went west again... >.>;
You can not believe how stupid I felt realizing how easy it would have been to get there. XD

Please ping when responding to me, to make sure I see your reply!

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 19:27:18 )
I play a lot of Pokémon GO. I'm on team Instinct. :3

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 13:47:47 )
I don't play Pokemon Go on my own phone because I got it super recently (my old phone crashed as soon as it tried to load the game haha) but my family generally plays on my mom's phone. Unfortunately this means that I can't join raid groups that my fellow schoolmates conduct since I can't just bring my mom's phone with me for the day lol.
But I'm really hyped for when Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon come out, and also for that new Switch game. * _ *
Still waiting for that Sinnoh remake though...

Voltie — Beast Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 00:22:26 )
Hi I love pokemon it is my favorite

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.