Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Weighted blankets

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/27 08:02:19 )
Staff Memo:
This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

Does anyone here use one? If yes where did you buy yours? Are they worth it?

I can't sleep, I'm really anxious and stressed and looking for solutions.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/27 09:02:31 )
@nyreen: I have thought about buying one myself but haven't yet but I know a few who make them.

sorry to hear that you are stressed and can't sleep.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/27 10:16:12 )

I myself do not have one yet, but it is an absolute dream item for me. They can be a bit expensive, but I’ve heard great things about them. I imagine it feels like having your cat/dog lay on you, lol. As someone who also deals with anxiety and depression, I’d say that it seems like a really good investment.

I would check Etsy as well, just doing a quick search I found some really affordable ones with awesome reviews. I hope you find one!

Voltie — The Judge Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/27 11:16:44 )
@skettiyeti: I actually almost bought one.
I was a little bummed that it wasn’t truly big enough for my bed, though.
I might get it anyway, eventually.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/27 21:01:12 )

I was going to buy one, but they are really heavy and my dog is only 5 pounds. I'm worried that the blanket could kill him.

Donator — ♥? Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/28 00:44:28 )

I don't own one personally, but I have a few friends who do and they have noticed changes the first night using it.
One of them has kids, and her daughter will go to sleep instantly with it on, without it she is wired until 12am.

I've noticed that if you buy locally they can be cheaper, you should check local facebook pages and kijiji/craigslist

FC SW-5104-7051-7446

Donator — They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/28 05:07:18 )

@yue: yeah that’s a good consideration. I think as long as it’s big enough to swaddle oneself in, it would be worth it haha. I think that would be an amazing night’s sleep right there. Especially if I was feeling anxious that day.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/1 06:04:54 )

A couple years ago I was dog/house sitting for two weeks-they made me a guest bed, and it included a weighted blanket.
Best sleep of my life.

I'm a ball of anxiousness that I try to hide- I also suffer bad fibromyalgia. And yet I had no night flare ups
while using one.

I don't own one despite the wonderful experience- weighted blankets are NOT something you want to cheap
out on if you don't want a bed full of microbeads and unevencoverage. The best one I can find that isn't too crazy
but has good reviews is like $215 on Amazon. I just can't justify dropping a couple hundred on a blanket yet...
even though I know when I get it- I won't regret it. orz

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/1 06:26:39 )
So I said fuck it and bought one. It's supposed to arrive mid to late April, I will let everyone know how it goes!

Donator — They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 03:04:12 )

AWESOME YES -- to invoke a cliche, TREAT YOSELF. You deserve nice things :D

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/11 10:31:28 )

@nyreen: great! Which one did you get?

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/11 11:47:59 )
One of the autistic kids I work with has weighted blankets and pillows to help with his anxiety and he is obsessed with them so I feel like that is a good non-verbal endorsement? XD

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/11 16:40:29 )
@Luffer Nutter: you can get pillows? I had no idea! I'm excited rn bc my blanket comes in about a month AAAAAA!

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/11 16:41:05 )
@Totalanimefan: I believe Hush Blanket! I keep getting so much advertisements for weight blankets ever since buying one lmao

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/11 21:07:23 )

@nyreen: cool. I’m going to look into them.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/24 22:17:49 )
I don't have one yet, but it's something I'd consider getting if/when I can find and afford one.
I often have trouble sleeping as well.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/26 04:25:32 )
Wow, why is it taking a month to arrive?

I've never heard of weighted blankets before. I'm not sure how that would make you sleep easier... I used to suffer from insomnia and it helped me to listen to a sound machine or nature sounds CDs. My brother always leaves a fan running at night. He did that when we were kids and he told me he still does it in his thirties, just because the sound helps him sleep. My wife will sometimes take a melatonin pill but I can't attest to how well that works. She kind of bounces around with her sleep patterns. Personally, I am so exhausted from my job that I can fall asleep any time of day or night with very little effort. lol

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/22 05:21:15 )
Hey everyone, my weighted blanket arrived early April and I have to say that it's been super comfy! I'm loving the feeling I have when I put it on top of me and I do find that I'm sleeping a bit better. I find that I feel calmer too... which is so weird. I'm still anxious and all bc obvs a weighted blanket won't fix all of my struggles but it is defs helping. ^^
call me grem
they/them

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 14:03:32 )
◄ { i'm glad yours is working out for you!

I'd like to have one because I have ADHD and it can be hard to calm down to sleep. I can't afford one yet, but it's something I have planned for the future. } ►
Hiatus until further notice.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 19:13:40 )
Congrats on the weighted blanket helping! I've been tempted to buy one, myself.

[Quests][Store]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.