Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts CLOSED

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/14 06:34:02 )
*oozes in* I...probably should stop disappearing from Voltra. Especially if I want to keep working on this avatar adka

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/14 18:26:29 )
@Chrysothemis: Aww, anxiety screws up everything.
I know that fee though.
Sometimes i can't even go to family parties without running off and hiding in a corner.

@Geist: I disappear from everywhere at times. lol
Even places I'm most active on.
Though if I disappear from here it's probably because Saph is back up and I'm over there.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/14 21:13:54 )

@Geist: What a mood! I flake from avatar sites really easily as well. >< Voltra has been holding my attention pretty well so far, but I worry it won't last...

@Anarchist Beauty: I feel like family functions bring out a special kind of anxiety, since it's a room full of people saying how they haven't seen you since you were a baby ad nausem until you die of embarrassment.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/14 22:27:04 )
@Chrysothemis: Oh i don't go to huge extended family things, I just mean my immediate family.
My grandparents, mom, aunts/uncles.
Where the last time someone saw me was a max of two months ago.
Unless my aunt and uncle from Michigan show up, then it's a max of maybe 9months lol
It can make me loose my head.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/14 22:47:07 )

@Anarchist Beauty: Ahh, that sucks.

I'm learning the horrors of inlaw meetups myself. Living with my boyfriend means meeting a lot of people that I've never met before who quickly want to know everything about me and when I wish to infect myself with the customary parasite*.

* = Not that I dislike children or people who decide to be parents. I have a phobia of pregnancy. It's creepy and painful and I want nothing to do with it.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/14 23:10:27 )
@Chrysothemis: OH MY GOD
I love you right now.
"when I wish to infect myself with the customary parasite"
GOLDEN
That's on level with my friend who calls them crotch goblins!

I don't like kids. lol
I don't mind other peoples kids in small doses, and I'm not here to be like "no u have kids ur gross".
But me, myself, and I do not like kids. We do not wants kids. We do not even like sex.
Me and my asexual ass are going to be kidless forever.
I'll adopt cats.

As for you, perhaps you can adopt someone else's parasite.
All the parenthood glory for you, none of the parasitic pain and removal!

Or perhaps it is too soon into said relationship to debate parasitic infections or adoptions.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/14 23:23:25 )

@Anarchist Beauty: My SO and I are only just at the cusp of talking about marriage, so I don't really know what our stance on kids is lol.

Adopting a cat is 1000000000000% our first goal, though. Then a nice job that can allow us a steady living in our own home (or apartment idk), and then marriage. Then... kids?? More cats??? A dog? Robot children???

But yeah I don't know. Luckily his family is more distant than mine (I hate saying that as a plus...) so it doesn't come up too often.

I kind of dislike other people's children to some degree, though. Spending years working retail around toys has made it hard for me to look at kids below teenage years without a bit of squinting.

Though to be honest, the parents are usually worse.

Also random thought, but I hate Hatchimals so much.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 00:27:54 )
@Chrysothemis: I wish my family was distant sometimes. xD
But my family knows damn well I don't ever want kids, so that's a plus.
It's my grandma's sisters and stuff that make the annoying "when you have kids" comments.
And I sit there like how do I politely tell this old bat that I'd rather eat a bullet than have a child?
Cos you mention that and her #1 reply is "when you meet the right guy"....
Like FIRST OF ALL.... Boys are icky.
B) Kids are even ickier
And quatro, when did my life become your business?

As for stability... Def more cats.
ALL THE CATS
That's what I am going to have.
I'm gonna end up being that weird lesbian* spinster aunt with 30 cats.
(*Not actually lesbian... I think??? Idk. I'm just not straight.)

On that random thought, I don't really know what Hatchimals are but they sound horrid.
I lived through my sister's Zhu Zhu Pets phase though, so I could probably survive them.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 07:54:54 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Yeah, been trying to be active on there too ^^;. Ehehehe...

@Chrysothemis: Unfortunately, my brain's been pretty much scattered and spazzed lately. I blame my shit job DX
Noctem de Magia Academy
///
Voltra's Space Station
///
The Warlock's Frozen Attic--It's cold out there!
\\\
Space Solstice Shenanigans!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 18:12:43 )
@Geist: Me, too.
I want to breath the life back into it. Haha.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 18:48:51 )

@Anarchist Beauty:
I just hate how stupid parents were about hatchimals last year... Literally had a sister in law say that she wanted to get her one A WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS. I had to hold back from laughing in her face. Most stores had sold out at the start of October, so unless she was gonna buy off of a scalper she was SoL.

And then at work, I would have women constantly call me a liar when I told them they were sold out. Why would I lie?? Even when we did have 'secret inventory' of it (AKA: Black Friday stock), it was in boxes that weren't in the system as normal inventory and there was no way for me to FIND it, much less even know about it until afterward.

Seriously, I don't understand people who personally blame retail workers for things that are outside of their ability. I've met people who are as far as I'm concerned actually soulless.

Could rant forever, tbh.

@Geist:
Yeah, I know that feeling. Being at college has given me a lot of free time to lurk sites like this, but I'm still trying to work up the energy to like... get to know randos. >.<

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/16 19:27:00 )
@Chrysothemis: I don't doubt it.
People are crazy and rude, and definitely probably soulless.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/16 19:43:07 )

@Anarchist Beauty: yeah...I don't really miss that job much lol.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/17 20:21:10 )
@Chrysothemis: I wouldn't either.
Sounds like you would have had a better time burning it to the ground.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/17 20:24:38 )

Kiwi's Posting Contest / Unicorn's Posting Contest
(with a referral contest too!)

Hello everyone! -pops in and gives hugs out-

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/17 20:28:00 )
Hey dragon!
How is you?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/17 20:50:15 )

@Anarchist Beauty: Eh. If a hurricane can't get rid of that place, then I doubt I could lol.

Also, man, I'm all sad now. The last two people who showed interest in RPing with me have ghosted. T_T And of course one of them was interested in one of my most loved plots, so I got my hopes up...

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/17 21:12:40 )
@Chrysothemis: Oh my. lol

Aww, I'm sorry. :c
That blows.
I hate when people just flake out.
Like just tell me you don't have that much interest or time to do it, don't leave me on read and bounce.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/17 21:35:15 )

@Anarchist Beauty: In the case of one of them, apparently they got banned?? They told me they were moving to another avi forum but... it's one I don't really use, so... :/

Still, it's not the end of the world if I can't RP lol. It's just a bit disappointing. Maybe it's a sign that I should try to reach out to people more, rather than just leave a search thread laying around...

RP Search status... Open!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/17 22:41:16 )
@Chrysothemis: Oh boy, naughty naughty. lol
I know the pain of someone trying to get me to another site for an RP.
My group tried to do one on Caedon once, but I'm not really active there so it kinda flopped.
Then last year when Sapherna shut down for maintenance we had to find a new place to host all of our RP's.
Thankfully I was able to find a website that basically allowed you to create your own forum site, so that's what I did and now my group and I have our own RP site and it's worked out GREAT.
And it's super cool because now there's no content rating restrictions.
We can do whatever the hell we want and not get yelled at by a mod!
Cos we are the mods! xD

But reaching out to new people can be scary! lol
I have that fear myself.
Mostly because I'm afraid I won't live up to someone new's standard's, and also afraid they won't live up to mine. :vanora_sweat:
It took me a long time to get used the to RP group I have right now and we've just gotten two new players for new RP's and I'm still very unsure about them. (Even though one has yet to begin a game with us.)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.