Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk I'm not cool anymore and it sucksss

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/30 14:55:22 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

ONCE UPON A TIME: Life gave 10 year old Millet a baby half sister. Dis made Millet happy and not feel lonely but also very scared for lil sis cuzzzzz our family suckssss and shed go through what I went through blah blah I had this internalized #MustProtectMyMunchkin #FightMe

We were(are!) very close. Yeah. Age gap. But still good friends and she was eager to like the things I liked and do the things I did. Which made us closer and super relateable to eachother in both good and bad ways.

@OnePoint: our family sucked so much I had legal custody for over a year (minus weekends) until her mom could get back on her feet and it was honestly one of the happiest years of my life. For my sis too.

Our closeness was super solid. I reestablished a good relationship with her mom since her mom could accept "Hi my name is Ariel, and I came from my dad but I am NOT my dad pls stop projecting that on meeeeee"

Jill would call me or I her like 5 days a week on average. We'd play videogames despite becoming long distance. And it was always that way.

[size=20]Until August when she started high school.

Im lucky to get a full sentence outta her once every other week now. Orz

I get it I get it. Shes a growing teen. This is a new experience. More homework, more school activities. "Shes growing into herself" I know, I know, I know. I dont wanna press and make anything about me when its her well being and happiness. Its just for literally most her life I was the ONLY person she could talk to comfortably, openly and safely. She always struggled to make friends and I was that way at her age too and now she finally has an established friend group thats tight knit. Im happy for her! She needs kids HER AGE that are going through the same things AT THE SAME TIME. Thats a great thing.

Its all just a bit of a contrast for me how quickly it went from "My sister is a big part of my week and would tell me everything and anything" to quite the opposite.

I accept this, Ill be fine. Shell be fine. Theres things teens gotta work through. I knew itd eventually happen...guess I didnt expect to take it so hard (rationally and logically I get it 100%. Emotionally Im like waaaaaah come baaaaack)
Shell pop back in her own time. Shes just on a thrill of new experiences. I presume. Orz

Ok theres my rant about my unhealthy big sister mindset lol

I am perfectly fine.

TELL ME YOUR RELATIONSHIPS WITH YOUR SIBLINGS.
[/size]

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/30 19:39:31 )
I have just the one sister.

She's 15 years my senior. We like to joke that she could have been my mom if she were a ho. xDD;;

We had a really rough relationship growing up, due to the difference in our circumstances. She was raised by just my mom, through a series of really bad relationships. I was born 15 years later, during (what was then) a relatively stable one. It sure as f___ wasn't stable later

She thought of myself, my mom, and my Father as the perfect family. We tried our best to bring her in, but she rebelled. (15 is not the best age to inherit a baby sister from another parent, developmentally at least.)

As adults, we get along fairly well. But it took a lonnggggg time.

The rift between myself and my mom, who I used to be very close to like a best friend, actually brought my sister closer in again.
Since now we were more alike.
Sad, but true.

sigh

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/30 19:55:31 )

Ugh, I'm so sorry Kozi. It's slightly parallel that the further I got away from my dad (our dad) the closer we were able to get too.
He had a horridly toxic fiance from hell- like TV show worthy.

Kids shouldn't have to endure all this.
But alas they do and we did.

-hugs-

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/30 20:38:40 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

my sister is my best friend and we've been inseparable basically since i was born.
we are technically 3 years apart in age.
We like a lot of the same things and we are both introverts so we aren't opposite
but i am not super emotional and she is.
But I hide all of my emotions from everyone.
and i have a hard time telling anyone how I feel.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/30 21:25:51 )
@millet: GURRRL I FEEL YOU I am 11 1/2 years older than my sister and we are super close. This thread actually made me text her and we had a deep talk, so thank you for this XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/30 21:27:41 )

HAHA you're welcome! orz My sis hasn't responded in a while. I'm sure she's just busy.

but it eats at meeee

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/30 21:33:36 )
My sister and I are 5 years apart. We did not get along until she went to college, but that was because I wanted her to play with me and she was too cool for me. BUT after she left home, we talked every day and we still do.

She's in singapore now and I'm still in the US, so we FaceTime almost daily. XD
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/30 21:35:43 )
It would eat me too, my sister and I live far apart though so I think it is different, we don't talk all the time so when we do we always respond

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

Donator — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/30 22:34:59 )
Wow. You're little sis is so lucky to have you in her life.

And I would say that as hard as it is that she's in this phase, it means that you've done such a good job at providing exactly what she needed all those years. And that was stability, love, and friendship. It seems like she feels confident enough to branch out now and add to her friend group. Which is amazing.

You did that for her. <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.