Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Have you ever met a celebrity?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 04:14:43 )
I go to a lot of conventions so I've met a lot of celebrities. I've met most of the living cast of the original Star Trek, including Bill Shatner, Nichelle Nichols, George Takei, and Walter Koenig. I've met several cast members of The Next Generation, including Marina Sirtis, Jonathan Frakes, and Brent Spiner. In a couple weeks I'm going to meet Levar Burton and I'm so psyched! I've loved him since first grade when he did Reading Rainbow.

I've gotten to meet a lot of anime voice actors, too, including several members of the English-speaking cast of Yuri!!! on Ice (Yuuri, Otabek, Minako, and Christophe).

Most recently I met Adrian Paul of Highlander. Ahhh! Always had a huge crush on him. lol He's so, so, so, so nice. They say never to meet your heroes, but I'm SO glad I got to meet him. I got a couple photos with him and he signed my Highlander DVD set. Nicest guy I ever met at a con, seriously.

Rudest celebrity I ever met? Eliza Dushku. WTF. Like, why you gotta be that way? You're not even an A-lister. lol!

Tell me your celebrity gossips. I needs them!!!

This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 05:16:48 )
Nope. I don't go anywhere significant so I wouldn't ever be able to.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 05:34:38 )
Mostly voice actors, really.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 06:34:09 )
Ooh, congrats! I'm a trekkie so I'm totally jealous.
I've gotten to hob nob with a lot ok my favorite metal head heroes. Jello Biafra has manhandled me a few times. I manhandled Justin Hawkins. Shot the shizen with Spine Shank. I feel like there is more but I literally just woke up so I'll have to get back to you on that.
It does not surprise me that Eliza Dushku is unpleasant...
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Any Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 17:57:00 )
》::: ✿・`.*
i kinda met lebron james at cedar point last month.
*.`・✿ ::: 《
Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 18:02:20 )
I met Sammi Doll and Juliet Simms at a Black Veil Brides concert.
Met Crag Mabbitt, Bret Von Dehl, and JC Charles at Warped Tour.

That's about it because I missed my chance to meet MGK a couple years ago. :c

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 18:05:03 )

I have seen a couple of celebs in the wild. However never had to gutch to say something to them.

And I got autographs from a couple of rock/metal bands.

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/7 00:00:11 )
You've all met me!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/7 07:51:19 )
Other than band members...I haven't met an actual celebrity sadly

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/7 13:34:41 )
I met a celebrity once, a well known comedian in the UK. He bumped into me (literally) in the train station and didn't even apologise :/

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/9 09:38:58 )
I met the dude who plays Chewbacca a while back at a convention. His autograph was $35, wew. Also, he's MASSIVE.

I don't think these count, but I've in-person been to panels by Doug from TGWTG and Tom Kenny (Spongebob).

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/9 19:12:37 )
I have met a handful of celebs. I met Bruce Campbell, Sid Haig, Robert Englund, Norman Reedus, Doug Bradley, Bill Moseley, Ernie Hudson and many more. I went to horror conventions. :)

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/9 19:23:13 )

@MoonEevee: Of topic but I love your avi.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 18:22:07 )
Last weekend I met LeVar Burton. He has really weird handwriting. LOL! After he signed a print of Jordi LaForge from Star Trek for us, my wife was like, "WTF did he even write?!" It took us all day to realize that was her name. hahahaha! He was wearing a Reading Rainbow shirt, though, and he is just so adorable. I always thought he had an infectious laugh, but to hear it in person is music to your ears. He's so nice! I'm really glad we got to meet him.

We also met Cary Elwes. He is really nice to his fans and made sure to shake each person's hand and ask their names. And he even said his back, like we didn't know who he was. LOL! "Eldweena? Cary. Nice to meet you." We tried to meet him last year but he cancelled his appearance. Luckily he rescheduled this year and I tried to take everything I could think of to have him sign: a copy of "The Princess Bride" on DVD as well as the book, the PlayStation game "The Bard's Tale," and while I was there I bought his book, "As You Wish" for him to sign. Afterward I was like, "D'oh! I forgot Men in Tights." LOL!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 19:55:39 )
I met Trevor Strand of The Black Dahlia Murder last October when the band was touring North America. They're one of my favorite bands and I was so excited to get to have a genuine chat with him after the show. During the show he helped me onto stage and side hugged me, and after when we were chatting he thanked me for moshing and crowdsurfing and for being so into the show. It was awesome! ^^ I also him to sign my brother's CD.
call me grem
they/them

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 21:30:15 )
My grandma has allegedly met and dated Elvis but my grandma tells tall tales a lot, so that could very well be untrue. I personally have not met any celebrities to my knowledge and I'm not sure I want to. I'd be sad if my favorite celeb turned out to be mean or something, so I'm content the way I am.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 19:34:58 )

Mostly I've only met a few voice actors here and there, I too go to conventions from time to time. Not very many big cons though, barely go to medium sized cons. Anyway I've met: Steve Downes (Master Chief), Troy Baker, Vic Mignogna (have a fun story about that), Richard Cox, Kirby Morrow, Scott McNeil (I almost ran right into him because I'm dumb and wasn't paying attention, messaged him on FB once to talk about WoW), um there's a few others that I can't really remember off the top of my head.

When I was at Megaplex in August, there were some Youtube celebs from the furry community there. XD a friend and I got to swim with them, she played Marco Polo along with them while I just kinda relaxed in the pool. They were lovely people who made sure I didn't feel left out.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 21:23:05 )
I've got a few stories re: voice actors, if anyone ever wants to hear them.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 15:29:41 )
Do drag queens from rupaul's drag race count? xDD
I also have a picture with Regina Spektor's husband |D he's so tall.

336/500

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 09:40:49 )

Hello! Tia is currently speaking:

i've never met a celebrity myself, however my friend is obsessed with ariana grande and has met her a couple times...
12/75

...And have a great day!

tbh i should really be doing my homework

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.