Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Blackout I GOTS THE PEN [ Art Freebies & Small Talk]

Donator — Nerd Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 05:59:35 )
::::

⌈@Mica: Oh nice!
I'm tired but only because there were so many people in my small house today.
I got socially tired.
xD

I'm not shy!
At least I try not to be.
Haha⌋

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 06:03:15 )
• v •
@Kenome: Oh yeah, socializing is exhausting! Was there a party or something? :o

Good! :D Gotta get those Charisma Pts up!

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 06:05:36 )
@Mica: dude thats exactly what i do rofl
Just your friendly neighbourhood Goddess.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 06:10:16 )
• v •
@nyx: nnuuu! You'd drive me crazy watchin' you! :vanora_xd: :vanora_icon:

Donator — Nerd Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 06:25:36 )

⌈@Mica: Yeah lots of family for Easter.
So hard to deal with family sometimes.

WHOO
Well hopefully I'm making good points.
xD⌋

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 01:25:40 )
• v •
@Kenome:

Sorry I knocked out!

Oh yeah, I forgot Easter was such a huge thing. I managed to dodge all the festivities :'D

Yes you are. c:

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 01:29:59 )
@Mica: So your mom is also an artist? It's a family trait, eh? That's like my dad and I and writing xD But yeah, it works well <3 I also like prismacolor~ And I'm glad you like it! It's meant to bring that kind of uncertainty and questioning, so I'm glad it worked out~

@Saeyra: The actual problem I have with it in terms of form is that last line's words are different than the iterations of it prior. In villanelles, that's meant to be a full refrain xD But I was going for a dark but whimsical feel, and that makes me think Poe, so... YES! *flails happily*

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 01:35:41 )
&bull; v &bull;
@Juneberry: She used to be, went to school for interior design but she didn't really pursue any art career. She didn't have to. XD I do have one sister that draws too, though! =D
I've always wanted Prismacolors! They all say it's creamy. :o

I love reading into things and it's what the writer intends, it makes me all fuzzy inside. How're you today?

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 01:44:30 )
@Mica: The ones I have are specifically the watercolor colored pencils. I dunno if I call them 'creamy' but... They are really wonderful to draw with to me <3 They feel juuust right against the paper~ mind you I basically only use computer paper. I've used sketchbooks but... I ran out of room and finding a good one is expensive and for me comp is fine xD

I'm doing okay thanks~ catching up on posts (I have like 17 notificactions to sift through somehow), chatting with friends and trying to write a bit. So far my word count today has been over 500, so I mean... That's good, even if I need way more in my opinion to feel satisfied. But I'll get there~ How about you? Day being nice? No migraines and such I hope~

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 02:02:00 )
&bull; v &bull;
@Juneberry: Yeah good paper really is expensive! I don't mind cheap ones though, I don't feel bad about using the paper or wastin' them with bad drawings! LOL Awe I meant to ask before but it's so cute that your dad writes too! What does he like to write, by the way?

Dang, I saw you've been posting a lot! I'm mostly a lurker, it's a lot of effort for me to post if I'm not in the mood for it. :D Looks like the battery will make it, with 2 days to go. Lookin' good! I'm having a decent day, I'd say. :D I've mostly been drawing now and this is a pretty therapeutic activity. It's also nice to get extra currency, I wanted some extra rat items LOL they are so cute.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 02:11:28 )
&bull; v &bull;
@Cookie: o I FORGOT TO, sorry! Yeah it was hard to make you guys not look emo with the faces so I rolled with it LOLOL
The lines are sloppu but AT LEAST I COLORED IT

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 02:27:53 )
@Mica: My dad writes sci-fi, poems of his own, things like that. His sci-fi is more heavy-duty than mine. Like super in depth thought on the science behind things etc. He worries a lot about it being accurate on those things. My accuracy is important to me on some things too, but... It's fiction, so I also don't mind if I fudge things up a lot. Or make it up. Y'know.

Hehe, I post more than I should considering I just joined and whatnot. And again, it's mid-camp now. Well... still early but... Well, I'll manage. Drawing and writing are great therapies! I write poetry even more when I'm not feeling well. One of my favorite poems I ever wrote was about a migraine I was having at the time xD Posting is good for it too in some ways. But yes- the rats are super cute! I have two or three now I think. I forget. I also just bought two extra easter baskets >> xD

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 02:54:51 )
&bull; v &bull;
@Cookie: :vanora_heart: wtb a drool emote.. EGGU. It's all wurf now.

@Juneberry: Wow, what was it like having a Dad who writes? I appreciate accuracy, for sure! But I'll be the first to admit, super thoughtful and serious stories are difficult to read! It's one of those, /respect from afar... The happy medium seems to be my cup of tea though. :D

Nah, there's no such thing as postin' too much! I appreciate your substantial responses. :) It's awesome that poems give you stress relief, that's how drawin' is for me. I wanna see the migraine poem, it sounds like it'd be a lot of fun! LOL

If you ever need the current event's set, hit me up! I have several extra fullsets just sittin' around. :D How are you liking Voltra so far? And how did you find your way here!?

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 03:11:55 )
@Mica: Was or is? 'Cause he still is my dad and a writer and I live with him. We work together to some extent in that... He helps me make sense of some of my thoughts sometimes. And will more in the future for sure. xD He's always encouraged my writing for that reason. And when I was a kid, I tended to beg him to make up stories instead of reading me them because his were more fun for me (partially because he put me in them). He was way better at it than my dad. My other request was always don't sing because he sucks I mean what

I had to find it but here's the one I really like about my migraines. I wrote it like... *peeks at date she put it on DA* 3 years ago mid-April wow.
-->My best friend is the darkness.

It's shared my pain and tears.
On good days, it envelopes me to share the joy
And on the bad, acts as a shield from the world.

-->Woe is having a body.

It shouldn't feel like this at all.
Like my brain was replaced
With a dense, ten-ton brick.

-->There's no reason it should be so difficult.

Just to walk from one step to the next,
Without the feeling I'm a mere ping pong
bouncing down the hall with zest.

-->This pain is the greatest torture.

Even if you deserve to die, you don't deserve this dismay-
To live with pain that makes you want to die,
But yet you live another day.

-->My stomach is in knots.

I can't eat anything without feeling worse.
Yet there's no acid in my stomach to cause it-
Just a part of this burden, this curse.

-->And so I hide in darkness.

The light can't reach me here.
It can't show my eyes its splendor,
And make a burden of breathing air.

-->The darkness is my drug.

It calls me towards it every time.
Just one drop relieves me a bit
From the pain in which I writhe.

-->And so my best friend is darkness.

No human can take away the pain.
While they're great in some situations...
They're the worst thing for a migraine.

As for Voltra... Loving it so far! I derped a bit today but otherwise I'm happy. I have like at least one full set if not two. I'm not sure why or how I managed to do that, but... I did. I have a ton of fuses to use up now so I should check what I have to make more full sets. I like that I don't need to really have more than one of an item with multiple uses :D I found the site through facebook when I was finally getting back into it. (May or may not have known some people on other sites and be friends on fb and stuff xD)

EDIT NOTE: I input --> next to indented lines that were supposed to be but failed to do so when I c/p'd xD

Donator — Nerd Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 03:34:24 )

&lceil;@Mica: Holy balls Mica you work fast!
I love it!!
AHHH
Kenome looks so amazing!

And how did you attempt to dodge Easter?
I wish I could have.
xD&rfloor;

^Ana >Lina.
Discord

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 05:04:31 )
• v •
@Juneberry: *COUGH* Sorry, that's just my bad grammar! But that's super sweet though, I love supportive parents. We need more of them in the world My poppa loved music and sang shamelessly despite his terrible singing skills but at least his guitar and piano skills were not bad! :D

I really like your poems, it feels so relatable and horrible at the same time. I hope you aren't havin' one of them headaches at the moment!

That's awesome! The event ends in a few days so you'll get to see the site... super bright and white! :vanora_xd: Have you gone through all the info threads and item previews? Anything you questing for at the moment? Yeah I found it through a friend and I never really got into another Avatar site since Ernya blew up unexpectedly.

@Kenome: Haha, yeah it still took a bit of time! :D I still want to put a bit of effort into the picture despite it bein' a freebie. I'm glad you like it!

Well, I hurt myself(it was an accident!!) prior to Easter and dodged out of going to church, so I slept all day and woke up at 4-pm, then we had an easter dinner with just family in my house and it was pretty stress free and wonderful, definitely worth getting a little injured. Had Pizza and potato with 3 dips!

Voltie — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 03:08:31 )

@MICA: I gotta compliment you here too, you spoil us so much o'; YOU DID SO GOOD..........
later.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:39:20 )
&bull; v &bull;
@ghost: It was worth it to get you to post more and grace my thread with your sig.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:56:55 )
@Mica: Your art is so good!!
previously keef with a k

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:57:39 )
&bull; v &bull;
@keef: :vanora_embarrassed: Thank you! And welcome to my little event thread! :D

Apparently out of a gig. --v
RLC Commissions always available! PM me or add me on discord: micami#8341

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.