Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Fozzy & Friends [UNDER CONSTRUCTION!]

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 16:08:57 )

@GuttedBunny: Hiiii ^-^ How's it goin

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 16:24:48 )
@fozzy: I'm sorry for vanishing last night, I decided to go to bed early. Haha, I do know how that goes. I'm tired when I eat a lot too. xD

Hello to everyone else. I'm sorry if I missed your pings.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 16:25:28 )

@Lithinel: Hey ^-^ How are you?

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 16:27:17 )
@rainbowpanda: Hey! I'm pretty good. I was requesting a bunch of art on Gaia, XD How are you today?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 16:31:05 )

@Lithinel: ooo yaas art!
I'm great! I am working on English work because I finished all of Math and Art. I still have to complete a PE assignment but I have a little less than 2 weeks so complete it. Right now I am continuing a story Ray Bradbury wrote: "The Veldt". It's a great story but I have to write the ending.

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 16:35:43 )
@rainbowpanda: Yass indeed. I've raided most of the art shops here already and I'm waiting to receive some of what I ordered. Haha. I have so many characters. xD

Glad to hear you're doing well. And ooh, writing the ending seems like a lot of fun actually. :)

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 16:38:37 )

@Lithinel: Lol you love receiving art.
It is fun :D I had so many ideas already and my teacher actually gave an assignment on this.
Here is what I have so far (just the summary):
We are all probably wondering what happens at the end of each of Ray Bradbury’s magnificent stories. Which is why I’ve decided to continue writing the rest of his story The Veldt. It is a quite fascinating story and also quite unique. Bradbury hates technology so he tries to convince people that it is 100% bad, and it is obviously not. Let’s summarize the story: The children, Peter and Wendy, act as if they are in charge and the nursery is their mother and father because they are always going inside the nursery. Their house has done everything for them from newborn until what age they are now. The nursery is very special to them because it is a place they can go to see what they think of come to life. Little did their parents know if was too realistic…

Later on in the story, the parents wanted to go on vacation but the kids got really upset. They fake screamed as if something bad was happening but their parents ran down only to be locked up inside the nursery. The lions in the veldt became real and ate Peter and Wendy’s parents alive. Afterwards, Mr. McClean asks where their parents are and the children just respond by saying “they will be here directly”. Then Wendy asks Mr. McClean if he would like some tea. That’s how it ends, but I will be continuing this story.

Now I am going to start writing the ending!

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 16:44:37 )
@rainbowpanda: Haha I do, since I can't draw well myself. But I also love spoiling artists and giving them Volts to use for their own uses on Voltra too. I always add a tip to the selling price.

That sounds good enough for the summary, it's simple and to the point. :)

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 16:54:19 )

@Lithinel: I usually add a tip as well even if i'm almost broke lol
I'm almost done!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 16:59:10 )

@Lithinel: This is my full ending! I ended up writing way too much so I tried not to write any further
We are all probably wondering what happens at the end of each of Ray Bradbury’s magnificent stories. Which is why I’ve decided to continue writing the rest of his story The Veldt. It is a quite fascinating story and also quite unique. Bradbury hates technology so he tries to convince people that it is 100% bad, and it is obviously not. Let’s summarize the story: The children, Peter and Wendy, act as if they are in charge and the nursery is their mother and father because they are always going inside the nursery. Their house has done everything for them from newborn until what age they are now. The nursery is very special to them because it is a place they can go to see what they think of come to life. Little did their parents know if was too realistic…

Later on in the story, the parents wanted to go on vacation but the kids got really upset. They fake screamed as if something bad was happening but their parents ran down only to be locked up inside the nursery. The lions in the veldt became real and ate Peter and Wendy’s parents alive. Afterwards, Mr. McClean asks where their parents are and the children just respond by saying “they will be here directly”. Then Wendy asks Mr. McClean if he would like some tea. That’s how it ends, but I will be continuing this story.

Mr. McClean looked at Wendy with a slightly confused look. He wasn’t really sure if he should trust these kids or not because of the way they are acting. The house is silent, and not a single word could be heard. Mr. McClean asked, “When will your parents be here?”. The children looked at each other and smiled. Peter responded, “Why don’t we show you..?” Mr. McClean sensed something off, but he wasn’t sure what it was. Quiet house? No parents? What could have happened? Mr. McClean quietly said, “No thank you, I must get going now. I don’t want to be late for another appointment.” The children let him go for now, but they know that something is up with Mr. McClean.

Mr. McClean jogged out of the house trying not to show his fear of the young children. He quickly got into his car and drove off to the nearest police station. He then told the police about the children, Peter and Wendy, and the nursery they had been practically living in. The police thought this whole thing was nonsense, some type of made up story for attention. He brought the police to the children’s house and they all looked around. Nothing was found, not even the children. The only room they didn’t check was the nursery. They all quietly tiptoed into the nursery and saw something they couldn’t believe…

The children were sitting on the floor playing with their toys and singing a lovely song. Mr. McClean knew something was off, but the police just thought it was two lovely children. Mr. McClean exclaimed, “These children are beasts! Do you not see them!? Where have their poor parents gone? I knew something was wrong with them! They are mentally ill.” The children began to fill with anger and thought of the veldt once again. The lions seemed so real and the hot sun shadowing over their heads made everyone sweat. Mr. McClean thought about last time he came into this same nursery and how he felt the same way. The police began to worry about what was going to happen next. One police man asked if the lions were real while another asked if anyone else was getting hot.

The lions grew closer every minute and in no time at all the mechanical lions stood right in front of everyone. The policemen were curious, so they reached out and tried touching the lions only to see they were fake. Little did they know it was just an illusion to make them believe they were fake. Mr. McClean searched the room and then noticed something in the distance, he tried seeing what it was but couldn’t figure it out. “Look there! Does someone have binoculars?”, Mr. McClean asked. One policeman had a pair of binoculars but he wasn’t sure what Mr. McClean had saw. They all took turns looking through the binoculars and finally saw something red and torn up.

They saw a scarf and a wallet..both covered in blood and chewed apart. Mr. McClean remembered those items and quickly said, “Those belong to their parents! I’ve seen those objects before. Please take those kids and lock them in a mental hospital. There is something wrong with them. They had these lions kill their parents.” The police still said there wasn’t enough evidence, so they left. Mr. McClean stood in the nursery scared to death of what was about to happen. The children stood up and said, “I told you no one would believe you. Now you’re next for trying to get us taken away.” Mr. McClean was then thrown to the lions and eaten alive just like Peter and Wendy’s parents. He screamed painfully but no one heard, and no one ever found out what happened to Mr. McClean and the children’s parents. THE END

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 17:03:20 )
@RainbowPanda: it’s going good :)

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 18:54:12 )
FuuChan Says...

I am finally up before 3pm
though i was wide awake at 6am.
i should've gotten up then. :vanora_sweat:

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — Demoness Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 19:23:04 )

@Fozzy: *sneaks in*

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 22:16:27 )
a colorful unicorn
Good late afternoon to you all
without a horn!

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 22:22:51 )
how is it going?

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 22:27:22 )

Hello everyone! How's it going?

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 22:32:51 )

My arms are super itchy right now. All the more reason to hate the hot weather and sunshine.

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 22:37:17 )

@Boss Rimi: my entire body is itchy. Bit thats cause of a number of reasons.
1.) Flint MI water is toxic and i shower with it lol 2.) Its winter so my skin is dry. 3.) i should really use lotion every day, twice a day but i dont.
hey i'm Jessi.

my friend cnts made the pixel

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 23:14:05 )
a colorful unicorn
All is going well here, just switching off of my phone to go onto my laptop
without a horn!
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 23:31:49 )

Just gonna leave this here

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.