Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I've been awake too long

Donator — Am Potato Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/21 10:55:18 )
like seriously, once you find out how long you're gonna say wow. And wonder why/ how. Well, I've been up for the past approximately 60 hours. So Since Wednesday evening at around 5:30 pm. I had a migraine last friday, so i slept a ton, was up for only a couple hours saturday before getting another headache, so i slept it off, then same thing sunday. Monday i WAS feeling better until my MIL decided to spray a bunch of super strong cologne, triggering yet another migraine, so i slept some more, and then Tuesday i had a mild headache, which those still make me tired enough to sleep, so i slept some more, and then tuesday night i probably got up around 10:30, was up for about 6 hours before i had ANOTHER headache! So i went back to bed and slept about 12 hours, and then i felt good when i woke up. I wasn't tired thursday morning when i should have been, so i just stayed up and talked to my sister most of the day, and then last night my husband asked me to go to bed when he went to bed, thinking i was tired. So i went and layed in bed for about 3 hours before getting tired of it and getting up to go play more Cobblemon (it's what replaced Pixelmon, in case you were wondering, and if that didn't clear it up, it's basically a public modded minecraft server with pokemon! We've been playing that a lot actually.) So then i decided that since i was up anyways, i'd make a bingo hall, and that's all i've really done the last couple days. Now i'm Definitely ready for sleep.

Also, fun fact- you can never physically sleep too much, but it's easy to get into sleep debt where you haven't slept enough. You always only sleep the amount you need unless you have a sleeping disorder!

What's the longest you've ever stayed awake? And did you do it willingly or because of a friend or an event? For me, this is the longest i've gone without sleep. Surprisingly, no headaches because of it! Before this, i had made it to about 36 hours for a charity fund raiser event when i was 19. It was a lot easier to pull an all nighter when i was younger, that's for sure.

Okay i'm going to sleep. I'll be on later today, like this evening.

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/21 13:09:42 )
@Alorrena: whoa that’s a super long time! I think my longest I’ve ever stayed up was like 42 hours. And I basically laid down on the floor and was out xD brain was like emergency shut off! xD

I get insomnia a lot when I’m stressed or anxious (which never really goes away so, insomnia is bound to happen lol) especially when I’m trying to “reset” my sleep schedule to normal hours. I can sleep at night like a normal person for about a week before I’ll just one night not be tired at all. My default is just to sleep during the day lol

I was up 36 just a few days ago actually. I was on my computer, fixing a bunch of layering issues waiting to get tired and it just…never happened lol then I caught a second wind after lunch and kept going. I definitely felt it too. I had a moment of “oh no, I’m old now” lol

Sounds like you were having fun at least? :3 not so much the parts before with the headaches but I’m glad you had some time where you felt better :3

Donator — she/her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/21 16:36:03 )

I stayed up for 3 days straight during finals week back in college.

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/21 16:46:41 )
I'd be going nuts with that repeated pattern of headaches and sleeping. Hope you sleep well today.

I think the longest I've been up was 21 hours, but I don't quite remember what for other than that I was with some friends for some social event and my brain wouldn't shut off. I think the least amount of sleep I got one night was maybe 2 hours. I was preparing to move back home to Florida from Idaho, and we put off packing until last minute, so guess who stayed up to pack everything before having to catch a flight in the morning? xD Figured it didn't matter to sleep too much that night since we could always sleep on the plane.

Donator Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/21 20:06:48 )
I once stayed up 5-6 days in a row when I was 17, not by my choice... I just couldn't sleep and was sooo wired up. My doctor put me on Ambien, and I think it worked but according to people I was up talking and having conversations that I didn't remember the next day, lol. I take a pill now(not ambien) that helps with sleep(plus my anxiety) otherwise I woulnd't really sleep either.

Donator — He/They Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/22 03:21:56 )

Migraines and headaches suck ass. I hope you're feeling better.

I think the longest I've stayed up with no sleep at all is 3 days. It's not common for me to pull all nighters, but it happens from time to time, and I usually struggle to get enough sleep each night in between. My doctor recommended I try taking Benadryl before bed, but all that did was make me feel terrible on top of not sleeping well. Go figure.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/22 09:48:21 )
I think the longest I've gone was around 40 hours? I was trying to make it 48, but didn't manage xD
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Donator — Am Potato Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/22 17:43:45 )
@Ruby: I'm the same way. I think there are a lot of people actually that are just wired to be night owls. I know my hubs and i are definitely a couple of them. I wish people were more accepting of night owls though and that more stores were open 24 hours. I've been telling him for years that there just needs to be like neighborhoods/cities that just ran with reversed hours for the night shift workers and for those who just naturally function better at night.
Yeah, i've been having fun. It's nice because i get to play a game with my husband and his friends, and that doesn't happen often.

@Ark: Ironically when i was in college i never pulled all nighters.

@Aisukohi: yeah it was a rough week for sure. I totally forgot we bonded over living in Idaho XD I usually end up pulling all nighters before i fly because i usually an too excited to sleep before i fly. And cause i like to sleep on the plane. makes the flight seem shorter.

@macsen191: oh man i've heard so many people say they do weird things on Ambien and not remember any of it. That would freak me out. It definitely makes me glad i don't have insomnia.

@Count Trashula: oh i am, thankfully! it's interesting that Benadryl does that to you. I know that if i take benadryl i need to be ready to sleep a full 8 hours because it knocks me out. Did you ever tell your doctor about how it affected you? And have you had a sleep study done to see what's going on when you sleep?

@Alchemists Fire: It's hard to make it that long if you're not used to being tired anyways. I think that's a big reason why i was able to stay awake for so long- i have chronic fatigue so i always feel tired and have to ignore it most days. I did start to get a little loopy at the end of the time i was awake though.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/22 18:19:50 )
@Alorrena: I'm the same way when it comes to sleeping before flights, in that I get little to none. xD I can tell myself to go to bed early, but falling asleep is another story. I also enjoy sleeping on flights as long as there isn't a bunch of turbulence. That tends to wake me up.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/22 19:20:47 )
@Aisukohi: That's fair. I'm the same way if it's aggressive turbulence. Or if the pilot turns off and on the seatbelt sign a lot. that little ding wakes me up.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Artist Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 01:01:25 )
@Alorrena: Seriously tho! I function so much better at night ;3; I did okay when walmart and some fast food was open 24/7. I need that back

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 04:15:33 )
@Alorrena: Oh yeah, that little ding is definitely loud lol. I can appreciate it though, as sitting too long gets uncomfortable. Kinda wish they built little rest areas on planes where passengers can stand freely for a few minutes without getting in the way of aisles, crew, etc. Just nice to stretch.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — He/They Posted 6 months ago ( 2023/10/23 22:52:11 )

@Alorrena: Glad you're feeling better now!
I told him, and he suggested trying just half of one instead. Haven't tried that yet, since I figured if a whole one didn't do what I needed, half of one probably wouldn't be much better. :'^) Interestingly, I remember having taken them in the past and they worked to put me to sleep, but I slept much longer than I wanted to and woke up feeling woozy and terrible, and stayed drowsy for hours. So my main takeaway has just been that Benadryl = feeling bad, whether I sleep or not.
Haven't considered a sleep study or anything like that, partly bc I have no money; if the free clinic doesn't cover it, it's pretty much out of the question. But mostly bc I'm not really surprised I have trouble sleeping. There's a mix of health conditions and external factors that pretty much guarantee it for me.

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.