Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/29 13:39:41 )
@Q t e a p o n: oh gosh, i am the exact same! Also i need to have a written copy too, since i have a pretty bad audio processing disorder due to my ADHD (like to the point that when talking to someone i really need to see their mouth move so my brain can read their lips while they talk or else i say "what?" or "huh?" a lot.). It's nice to have the audio books available when/if i need them, and when i'm like in the car and driving and have one playing, i end up rereading what i listened to so i have better comprehension of it. That's something i really like about kindle books that have narration available, because it smoothly transitions to where i left off in the narration to where i am reading, so i can have both. All i have to do is book mark the page i started the narration on, turn on the narration, and then book mark the page i end the narration on so i can read between them easily.

@Totalanimefan: So i got an indoor digital thermometer for the office to see what the temperature is at night with the door closed. Well, i slept all night and Tyi stayed up and he went to bed when i got up, so with just one PC on last night and one body in here, it's at 86 right now where the house is set to 77. Yesterday when we got it, it was during the day and we had the door open. The house was 75 and we had both pc's on(and didn't play any games- that makes the graphics card work harder and run it's fans, causing more heat) and the thing said 79 in the office and we were comfortable. I can't imagine what it'll say when we're both playing graphics heavy games like subnautica (which is our current game we've been playing a lot).
Today i'm planning on starting a quilt my friend commissioned, so hopefully i'll get a lot done. It will help that i won't be in the office while i work on it, so i at least won't be hot.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/29 16:38:50 )
@Q t e a p o n: Thats unfortunate that Canada has those restrictions. Not all books have narration, but one of my favorite series (at least book 1) called Super Powereds by Drew Hayes, has it. i'm currently rereading it, and would recommend it if you like the idea of superheroes in college learning to be heroes (which is what it is, at it's MOST basic level lol). It's a little of a slow start, but it picks up fairly quickly.

Voltie Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/30 14:53:06 )
@totalanimefan: oh ya is fine been gone for a bit cuz pupper got spayed....lot of babying and stress but she's all set just need the stitches pulled

Donator — Am Potato Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/30 16:58:48 )
@Q t e a p o n: I would like to mention it is available on the amazon.ca website on KU if you have it! Otherwise, it's possible that the library would have copies, or you can buy it off amazon lol. I don't think my local library has copies, but i haven't checked in some time. The books are Super Powereds: Year 1, Super Powereds: Year 2, Super Powereds: Year 3, and Super Powereds: Year 4, and there's a spin off in that literary universe called Corpies. Also worth a read, for sure. The books have several chapters, but they're shorter than normal chapters, because originally the books were written as a web series (which Hayes explains in the forward), But honestly, it didn't make a difference to me while reading. I also go through spurts of reading a ton and not reading much for a while, usually between series (or for one case, authors). At least until i can find another series to snag my interest.

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/30 19:54:27 )

@Justice: Let the hate drive you to pack lolol. I've done more packing since we last chatted. 3 weeks until my move!

@SorrowTheMad: Sorry I was mia for two days. It's this link https://youtu.be/kH5APw_SLUU
It always bothers me. It should be better this weekend.

@Alorrena: CA is very far and very expensive compared to FL XD
Maybe like NC? That could be a good place, the mountain part can be cold. I don't think it's too expensive to live there? But like you said it's probably not happening. I'm moving in 3 weeks. I probably won't be online much in July cause of that and Otakon.
Holy cow, 86 is just way too hot to sleep in. Do you have curtains that could keep the sun out during the day?

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/06/30 19:54:52 )

@Sharkun: I hope that she feels better soon!

Donator Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 16:59:05 )
@Totalanimefan: No worries, not like I've been on here much haha! Thanks for sending the link! Yeah it's been bothering me too. Hopefully you get lots of rain to help get rid of this crap :)

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 19:21:29 )

@SorrowTheMad: you’re welcome. That video is a life saver. For like $30 you can actually breathe again.
It’s getting more active on Voltra so I want to spend more time on here but I have to also pack this month and work lol

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/3 05:42:16 )
Totalanimefan:

@Q t e a p o n: I agree. I don't know how those people sleep at night. And the neighbors were all crazy too (but not liars like them). We just had to get out.

@Qiqi Agatha: I'm sorry for your loss. We all lost people during this awful time. :(
I'm just moving about 2 miles down the road. Nothing too serious this time. XD

@Alorrena: Were I'm renting now was just supposed to be a temp thing. It was only supposed to be for 6 months but the condo was delayed by almost a year. I might be away a lot during July cause of the move. Yeah that stuff costs so much and also when I eat out I'm like how much is this? Damn lol
Where would you move to instead? Aren't you guys staying in his grandpa's house or maybe just like close to it cause of his family? I don't remember what you told me when you moved there last year.

Thank you
Is your new place bigger than your current? Good luck on your new move

Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Voltie — she/they Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/3 06:35:15 )

Totalanimefan:

@Lilykin: Yeah I kept them all too lol. Oh nice that you are working on art. ^^ I've been working a lot this week. I did get to play Sun Haven last night which is a farming sim on steam. I like it. Also that's a really good way to explain what is happening with Reddit. I use reddit a lot and I've been following it.

Aww, I miss having a game to be interested in. I keep looking at the Bugsnax one for my switch but I have so many things to do. Uuuugh
Also Twitter is in it's death knell and I am once again reminded of other places I can hang out on lol 😅

Q t e a p o n:
@Lilykin: ohhh what the heck. It’s like paying for working, who thought that was good idea….

The reddit situation doesn't seem to be improving and last I checked on it they were actively threatening to remove mods that put their subs in private sooo... 😬

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/3 20:54:16 )

@Lilykin: I tried bugsnaxs. I was looking forward to it, I played it and it was really creepy. XD
I put it down after an hour. Maybe watch a livestream to see if you would like it?

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/3 20:55:35 )

@Kiwi: The sandwich I ate was this one https://www.instagram.com/hoghavenfarmllc/
And yes it's as good as it looks XD

Donator — she/they/him Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/4 03:11:41 )

@Totalanimefan:
haha ikr~
trying to make the excitement
of where ill be living to drive me too
possibly moving sunday but not
100% sure just dont want to
keep pushing the date back

Voltie — she/they Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/4 16:14:48 )

@Totalanimefan: I don't mind creepy but I wish I had read a few more Switch specific reviews before I caved and bought it. The controls are janky as heck. And I guess it's all in first person which is my least favorite way to play. Oh well. 😭

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/4 20:18:51 )

@Justice: That sounds like a good date. Maybe that would help you to finish.

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/4 20:28:24 )

@Lilykin: Damn that sucks, I had no idea. I played it on PS.
Are there any other games on the switch you were looking forward to? Or what kind of games you like to play?

Voltie — she/they Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/5 00:06:28 )

@Totalanimefan: I'll give it another try when it's not the middle of the night and I'm half asleep lol. I honestly bought the Switch to play AC and I've lost interest in it. I want to start a new island but I don't want to delete the old... ugh. I have Sky: Children of Light downloaded I just haven't got around to playing it. I watched my sis play it on her Switch and thought it was pretty neat. I bought a cute game called Calico that's a cozy cat cafe/witch game, but you run out of stuff to do and explore pretty quick. Which seems to be a problem with most of the "cozy" games.

I would really like a new mmo to get into since I'm probably never going to play WoW again. None of them really match that same magic /sigh

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — Am Potato Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/5 00:24:11 )
@Q t e a p o n: I totally get that. For me it's more i have bad adhd, so unless i get into it pretty quickly, i won't finish a book. Also, it took me a while to realize that my prefered books tend to be YA. There's a few non YA books that i've read, but i didn't enjoy them quite as much. I also have a heck of a time reading books that are non fiction. like... i just can't. Ironically, though, i've gotten several ads on facebook for books available on amazon that have caught my attention, and i'll read those. That's how i learn about a lot of books actually. Or facebook reels with book recommendations.

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, but it is a lot closer to my family in idaho. I know CA does tend to have a higher cost of living, which is an obstacle, but not entirely unmanageable. NC would be okay, i have a friend i grew up with who lives there now, actually. As for you moving, it's totally understandable that you won't be around much. Have you started packing yet or are you waiting a little longer? Also i hope you have fun at Otakon!
We do have curtains in the office that keep out most of the heat, but the computers are the biggest issue. I woke up this morning and came in the office and the thing said 88! Tyi was playing subnautica for a while, though, so that's probably why it was so hot. That, and the office door being closed. It's like this room needs it's own AC unit, really. Honestly, though, as soon as Tyi's mom moves (whenever that may be), we won't have that issue since the house will be set to 75 all the time (which is surprisingly comfortable), and the office door will only be shut when i'm working (i'm starting a new call center WFH job soon) and i need quiet. At least it will be once our gf and her son move in. He's 7 and makes a lot of noise. Other than that, the door will be open and it will be comfortable in here lol In our bedroom we have a window that doesn't have a curtain (it's like 1.5 feet wide, but tall) but we have dressers and boxes in front of it that keeps out most of the light/heat, so it's not too bad.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — she/they/him Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/5 04:17:08 )

@Totalanimefan:
i ended up deciding to push it
back another week since i was
away a few days plus i have something
important coming in the mail i need
before the move~

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/6 00:54:41 )

@Lilykin: If you like JRPGs there are a lot of good ones on the switch. If you like farming + life sim + RPG I highly recommend Rune Factory 4S. It's one of my favorite games of all time.

@Alorrena: That's true. CA is closer to Idaho. Although I guess from Florida every state is closer to Idaho lol. I've heard good things about NC. I've never lived there though.
I have started packing a little bit. I should be packing tonight but I'm pretty tired. But at the same time it's not going to pack itself and I have just over 2 weeks left. It's also my bday on the 17th, I'm not sure what I should do for my bday. Otakon will be a ton of fun. I look forward to it every year.
75 Is good. It's what I keep the house at at night. I hope that all falls into place soon!

@Justice: Makes sense. I've been thinking a lot about my move today and what I should pack next. It's just about 2 weeks away. I also have my birthday coming up soon. I'm not sure what I should do for it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.