Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Late Night No Sleep..

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/10 10:45:10 )
Hello everyone! I know you guys don't see me on here much, some may not even know who I am, haha. I lurk more than I post, however, I haven't been able to sleep so I wonder if anyone else is like me or is awake at this hour xD It's currently 5:42 am for me in Canada. I basically spent the night doing a voodoo doll (My art style) of my new avatar and making a new post style to match. I'll show you guys below.

What do you guys do when you can't sleep? Or what helps you sleep? I might need some help lol

Voltie — They/He Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/10 13:16:07 )

I'm a timezone ahead of you! I was up until ~3am playing roblox. Sleep Schedules are no longer a thing for me lol

I just play video games for the most part, but I did draw this last night bc a bunch of friends were doing it:

Don\'t know how to use/read tone tags?
Go Here!

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/10 14:38:33 )
@MaxIsConfused: omg she's so cute! Hahah. I love her!
Yeah my sister js the same way, she doesn't have any kind of schedule either, she games a lot so she's gotta be kn whenever her friends are ready to play too.. I don't know how you guys do it o.0

If my back wasn't sore I'd have been asleep by at least 11pm latest. I just can't seem to get tired, or comfortable enough to actually sleep. I even tried blocking out the daylight now and still nothing lol

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/10 21:19:30 )

@Mandy Amour: I'm loving your new post style! It's so pretty!
Were you able to take a nap today?

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/10 22:56:54 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah but only for about 4 hours, although that's better than nothing at all so I'll take it! Haha. I just have to hope staying awake today will help me fall asleep tonight so I don't have the same issues

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/11 00:18:32 )

@Mandy Amour: That's the biggest struggle the next day!

Artist Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/11 05:16:15 )
@Mandy Amour: I keep reading your name as Mandy Moore lol
LOVE your post banner! 😍
You’ve been here longer than me so hello if we haven’t talked before :3

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/12 02:36:45 )
@Totalanimefan: I had a huge headache because I didn't sleep, however, I was able to get about six hours of sleep finally before work. It was quite the struggle, I don't know how people function on anything else than eight hours of sleep.. maybe I'm just getting old lol...

@Ruby: I guess that is mostly my own fault for making my username so similar haha. That makes me smile though, it's definitely not the worst name to be compared to! My friends used to call me that growing up, not sure why, but it stuck for a while so I don't mind at all. It's nostalgic now :p

It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, while I have been on this site for some time I would gladly admit that you probably have more experience than I here despite me being a user longer, so it's my fault entirely if we haven't had the pleasure to meet before. I really should be more active here, mostly I just come on to bug Vozzy and totalanimefan haha.
How has your day been? hopefully a good one. We finally had some amazing weather here, so I was not disappointed in today at all.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/12 02:41:00 )

@Mandy Amour: I need at least 8 hours because my body does not handle coffee well. So I have to sleep. It''s good that you were able to nap.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/12 03:04:12 )
@Totalanimefan: You and I are alike that way, I can't depend on any caffeine to help me get through the day, being diabetic makes it hard to enjoy such things. I also require sleep to give me all the energy I have for the day, I need at least eight, some of my colleagues literally run on four hours of sleep or less.. I couldn't do it o.0

Yes thank you, My physiotherapist gave me a few positions to try and sleep in to help, Ill have to see tonight if any of them work lol

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/12 03:13:58 )

@Mandy Amour: I have no idea how people do that. My husband needs like 6 or 7 but he's also addicted to caffeine lol. He's up to 3 cups of coffee a day. (Not cause of the lack of sleep, more cause of his job)

I hope those work! There is also the cool room, white noise, dark room and stuff like that, that helps

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/12 03:40:30 )
@Totalanimefan: I have a fan on me at all times, I don't like to be warm at all haha Im weird that way, so cool is never an issue, though maybe I do need some noise to help me fall asleep, maybe ill try some white noise and see. Really? I do enjoy icedd capps from Tim Hortons but only now and then, sometimes I wish I could enjoy coffee more, it smells amazing

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/12 14:15:27 )

Honestly I'm just on my phone when I can't sleep... which works in some nights but it also worsen my insomnia xDD
I also listen to a lot of no talking asmr or drink some chamomile tea.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/12 15:05:08 )
@Purpsy: Yeah, I think the phone is what most peoples go to for helping make us sleepy, then again I find it can also do the opposite when I find myself down a rabbit while because I searched for one thing that lead to another lol. Although, the asmr and white noise may go hand in hand. I'll have to try those and see, something easy to focus on but soothing!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/12 16:05:17 )

@Mandy Amour: Yep I honestly start browsing when I have too much thoughts going through my head at night and often not so good thoughts.
Is a good distraction to silence the mind but is also a cause of a lot of sleepless nights =.=

I have become immune to asmr now though sadly because I have listened too much of it, so I listen less of them now. Honestly my go to late at night is just YT shorts since it's just mindless scrolling you know.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/12 16:23:23 )
@Purpsy: Yeah I get the mindless scrolling, for a long time I used to use tiktok to just watch little short clips, laugh a little, cry a little, just random things that didn't have anything to do with my day or night, however as time went on I found I was on there longer and longer, so even though I wanted to use it to help me relax and get sleepy, I got to the point I was on there for hours and hours watching these little clips. by the time I was even paying attention it was WAY past when I wanted to be asleep, leaving me only a few short hours of rest before a 12-hour shift. not what I call productive at all so I had to stop using it as a means to get sleepy lol

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/12 17:47:37 )

@Mandy Amour: Haha yeah I get that xD
I'll be honest I can't even solely blame my phone for my terrible sleep since I just love taking random naps throughout the day.

Can you take naps on shorter periods? I think I've master that skill a little. I think the term is called genius napping or something *shrugs*

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/12 19:09:48 )
@Purpsy: I mean I can nap..but weather or not I can control how long the naps are is another question lol. I wonder if a few naps throughout the day would help at least give me energy even if I don't fully sleep all night long..although I work 12 hour shifts so it's not often I get a day where I'm able to actually nap lol

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/12 20:11:38 )

@Mandy Amour: Your fan if it's loud enough is good white noise. I have an air purifier and I like the noise that it makes.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/13 00:40:44 )
@Totalanimefan: it's a little noisy, which is probably good because I'm not a fan of loud noise when I sleep so it has to be gentle and low. My fan usually helps me sleep cause it keeps me cool, but I think the white noise part of it gets tuned out now cause I'm SO used to it lol

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.