Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2022 ❀ CONFETTI {thought dump with me + maybe doodles}

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 15:55:00 )

@Shadami:
I FEEL THIS
I don't have time for my life because of the job I have. I don't have children, but I can hardly do my crafts cause I'm gone 11 hours a day.
I die inside. It sucks.
I wish I could just be paid well to be an artist, but even then, I hardly have time to work on my audience building ;v;
I get so fatigued to draw as much as I'd need to, to stay relevant

Donator — Pomepome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 16:34:40 )
@Jolly: meatloaf sounds delicious! I end up Eutingen a Sandwich :D
+Pls ping me+
Nothing Fancy to see here!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 16:52:25 )

@Jolly: That's tough. Is $15 just the starting wage with no exp? Maybe you would get paid more? Or maybe just work one day at the mattress place and work the full time government job?
Or save money now so that you can afford a few months working in an office instead? I'm not sure what your next steps should be. You could stay at the government job for a year and use that exp to move into the private sector with the exp?
Thanks. I hope it goes well for both of us.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 17:11:46 )

@Atropa Belladonna:
It was! I've been trying to cut back our grocery bills while still being healthy. Its taking a lot of brain thinking but we did it <3
granted our dishes could always be more flavorful if I add more to them, but it was probably healthier because I didn't do that! and still taste good

@Totalanimefan:
Thing is, at my job I'm REQUIRED to work there full time. If they knew I was considering another career path, they'd probably find the nearest reason to fire or lay me off The company is in the mindset of "if you're not with us 100% then you're not with us at all". Its even in my script I have to memorize for "tests" that we take (to brainwash us).

1. Believe in the Customer
2. Believe in the Product
3. Believe in yourself
4. Believe in the Company
5. Believe that Sales is an honorable profession

WHICH I cant say I hate THIS part of the test, cause its a good mindset to be in to be a good and honest sales person~ It just gets turned around on you if you ever doubt the job itself.

But yeah I think the best thing is just keep saving like you say! I might end up relying on my husband's job. They're treating him so well <3
They already want to promote him as soon as he's been working there long enough to qualify. That will give me more wiggle room possibly ;;
(I'm just impatient in nature)
I'm blessed that he's good at customer service and he doesn't hate it, cause gosh darn it seems like its the only thing that pays aside from delivery drivers

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 17:20:27 )

[beeps out name] is one of the best mattress values in America. We are the factory and pass that savings on, giving you excellent quality at a great price. We also carry many of the other top brands to give you a great selection. We back it up with the best customer service in the industry. Plus, we have one of the best financing options to fit your needs.....

*rattles on in a trance* lmao

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 17:28:23 )

@Jolly: yes exactly. But I'm stuck in a weird reverse in that I don't have a job at all because of life also getting in the way of life. xD
I am desperately working on making everything connect in a way that i can at least juggle everything less stressfully

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 17:32:55 )

@Jolly: That's so toxic. Maybe you should leave for an office job once he has that promotion. :)

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 17:35:17 )
@Totalanimefan: Hey! I was hoping we'd get to post together for the event ^^ I really only have today to post, going on vacation tomorrow xD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 17:36:02 )

@Alchemists Fire: It's good that we could both be on at the same time. Were are you going on vacation?

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 17:39:33 )
@Totalanimefan: Going down to Portland to spend time with my boyfriend for his birthday. He's driving up today, and we're leaving tomorrow morning.
We're gonna stay with his parents tomorrow night and go see some friends I haven't seen for like 4-5 years (stupid pandemic), and then Friday morning meeting more friends for brunch, and then driving back to Portland!
It's gonna be a busy trip, we already have a concert and at least one movie planned XD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 17:48:31 )

@Alchemists Fire: That sounds super awesome! I'm sure it's going to be a great trip!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 17:50:53 )

Have a wonderful time!!

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 17:55:15 )

@Shadami:
Makes total sense. I hope you find that balance before long! Sometimes change takes time but sometimes opportunities can just... pop up outa nowhere very suddenly XD keep working hard and you'll get there!

@Totalanimefan:
Yes, depending how much the promotion is, I would 100% be looking for something else! His job also helps with moves, so we've been keeping all sorts of options open. Maybe we're addicted to change XD

@Alchemists Fire:
Safe travels!! Yay vacation :D

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 17:56:54 )

I'm working as hard as I can. thank you <3 I'm determined not to lose hope or give up

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 17:58:02 )

yesss
I got a tattoo for that very emotion
~konting kembot nalang~
means just keep wiggling in my best friend's language XD

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 18:05:08 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm so excited, ahaha, I know I just saw him in August but it's his birthday and it's Spooky month!

@Shadami: Thank you so much! I can't wait to see him tonight ♥

@Jolly: Thank you! Thankfully work is quiet so far today (working from home, doing remote support), so I've got time to do other things xD

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 18:09:18 )

it's absolutely okay to feel that way ! I saw my imzadi in April and then just again a few days ago. It's always wonderful no matter how much time has passed :D

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 18:12:18 )

@Jolly: Moving like locally, or starting over in a new part of the US?

@Alchemists Fire: It just seems like cool event or good thing after good thing on that trip. Lots to do and see and lots of good people to meet. ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 20:13:56 )

my toddler FINALLY just fell asleep.... when i have less than an hour until the older two get off the bus so there is no way i can also take a nap. darn it

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 20:23:05 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, tons to do! I think we're also gonna go see the Marvel exhibit that opened at OMSI this past weekend. Which reminds me I need to buy tickets =)
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.