Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2022 ❀ CONFETTI {thought dump with me + maybe doodles}

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 15:16:35 )

@Jolly: tehee.
absolutely yes.
It's beeen sooooo hard to keep it a secret from my family. I finally told my dad even though my divorce isn't completely finalized as a step towards telling my parents that I'm poly and that their religion is not for me because it has been crushing who i truly am and i'm sorry if that upsets them and they disown me or something.
I've at least told my dad "I'm not straight, and this is my soulmate" and he took that well.
But every time I'd talk about him to them I'd be like... "My.... friend from Canada. gush gush gush things i do with him" right. straight face. not dating. i'm fine. deep breath. don't swoon.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 15:18:19 )

@sunny:
I LOVED it in Wales! we went to camp, but surprise surprise it rained! We kept trying until about 2am the tent kept slapping us in the face by the rains and winds. So we gave up, a friend knew someone with a holiday cabin so they let us stay there. It was snuggled up in the side of a hill and overlooked a valley, so I was beyond spoiled by the views

London is obv dirty like any ol city, but it does feel much safer to wander around in daylight compared to where I'm from. And I dont have to drive. I'm phobic of cars/driving, so being able to ride trains or walk places is the best. I'd live there in a heartbeat if I could just for that alone

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 15:22:24 )
    @Jolly: oh wow that sounds beautiful <3 Wales is the best!!
    I’ve heard good things about London’s transport system, which is good. I too rely on public transport.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 15:30:17 )

@Shadami:
Its good that you can take steps forward that way. Religion is a tough one. But when a parent is understanding it lifts so much weight off <3
The freedom to believe in what you want is a blessed feeling.

Feel out when the time is right to tell them about your person <3 waiting stinks so much, but you'll get the opportunity I'm sure!

@sunny:
Yeah the London transport system is far better than any US city could ever hope to achieve, I think. If it hasn't changed over the years since my last visit, it was safer too. When I took american buses, I'd get a sweat on cause everyone around me looked sooo... drugged up and dangerous.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 15:36:47 )

I told my father. though he kind of coaxed it out of me in a not great way. I don't know if it was his only way to get me to tell him or what. Still got a lot to deal with for healing with my parents. and i've put that on the back burner with everything else going on xD

we... do not see eye to eye on things. mainly religion. and sexuality. xD

but we love each other at least cause yay family. Take care of each other. that kind of thing. I gotta run here in a moment to go get my toddler from preschool. so I'll be back later.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 15:49:53 )
    @Jolly: they have opened up more lines on the underground I think, but others it’s the same. I want to go to London to visit the museum but I am so scared of getting lost lol :o

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 15:54:54 )

@Shadami:
Yeah, I get that. It took a long time for me to come to some terms with my parents. I've had a great deal of venting even on this site a couple years back, especially that time my mom booted me out XD
But I learn that its OK to not see eye to eye, its OK if a person has said awful things in the past when they were frustrated (we're all human) and sometimes its not worth addressing different views if its something that doesn't directly affect me (like I never talk politics with them anymore, I'll ignore their words and politely change subject lol). The only way I could get along with my family was to put physical distance between us by moving out. Now, even if we disagree on something, its very easy for me to change the subject with something like "Hey more importantly, look at my cat"

But I dont mean to talk about myself, just hope to give hope to a situation that is still very much in need of healing first. I hope that you find a way to live peacefully with the family you have!

Donator — Pomepome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 15:55:55 )
@Jolly: this sounds satisfying!!!

Naw it just Was awkward those were the guy friends of my ex and i was friends with them as i was his gf

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 15:58:27 )

@sunny:
Oh yeah, the museums! I loved touring the museums ;;
What I did (since I was often alone) was I always had a mini journal or sketchbook with me in a satchel. So before I'd head out, I would plan my trips out. Doodle a little map, write town/street names or bus/train stop names. I'd also precautiously plan in case I get off on the wrong stop, cause I'm adhd space out brain. But by having all the names written down, it prevented me getting too lost <3

Oh and if I did anything spontaneous, I would add street names as I walked so I can back track to get back to my original path XD

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 16:02:11 )

@Atropa Belladonna:
it is SO satisfying!! Especially peeling back the excess vinyl. Its like slowly pulling the pealies off electronics <3
Trying to think of what else I should design with my cricut. All the possibilities but I am empty brain

OH
gosh, yeah, that would be super awkward. Hope you got away fast then XD

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 16:03:54 )
    @Jolly: that’s a good tip! And I suppose there’s always gps, you can’t really get lost if you have a phone :) what was your favourite London museum?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 16:15:11 )

@sunny:
Oh true, but this not-wealthy 'murican didn't have international data for my phone XD I draw my own gps! lmao

I visited 3 or 4 of them. But my favorite was the one that had all the old air crafts in there! I THINK it was the royal air force museum.
Had a bunch of WW2 stuff that was a bit eerie to look at imo

Donator — Pomepome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 16:17:46 )
@Jolly: i can imagine the Peeling *_* i just need to figure out what i want to eat for dinner.... i would love some noodles.... but i ate a big Lunch today

Body in the 30s "oh Look bread" 2 pounds more instand!
+Pls ping me+
Nothing Fancy to see here!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 17:47:58 )

@Jolly: Sadly my parents are doing a "this world is a fire show and we need to stick together as a family" and because i desperately needed a house... they bought me one and are moving in when they retire in 3 and a half years....
So i have until then to make them at least SEE my point of view and let me be myself and not try to force me into their little box of who i am they have in their heads.
or find a new place to live . or get the money to buy THEM a different place to live.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 22:30:54 )

@Jolly: What's on my mind is this job search lol.
Also I'm very tired today. I think I did too much this weekend and yesterday and now I need a break. How have you been?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 02:07:23 )

Ran confetti for everyone today!

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 15:17:12 )

@Atropa Belladonna:
SAME XD I eat a grape and gain 3lbs lmao
ok maybe not that bad but might as well

I ended up making meatloaf for the first time <3 was pretty good

@Shadami:
:O
I mean, thats pretty cool though. Not to invalidate the weird feeling of "time limit" you must be having.
I'm sure things will work out for you! Right now the economy is imploding a bit so having a home provided to you is really... a blessing for the time being. Save a ton <3

@Totalanimefan:
I've been ok! Also keeping my eyes open for better jobs. Its sad, even the gov jobs here only pay $15 per hour. I get paid more than that and still can hardly afford my rent increase in a couple months
money is so stressful. I hope you find a worthwhile position!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 15:22:03 )

@Jolly: i have to get a job first xD
Which i'm desperately working towards because my life has changed drastically by removing the toxic ex. xD

Hopefully in that time I do get them to understand me better and we can function in the same household.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 15:27:03 )

@Shadami:
Yeah, gosh, job hunting is wild. Hope you find a good one! My husband just got hired by Verizon earlier this year and I'm finding that they're a pretty dang good company to work for if you're good with customers. There are government jobs too that have good benefits, but they dont tend to pay a living wage (cause everythings inflated too dang much lmao) but some might! I got my eyes peeled on the market too

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/12 15:39:31 )

My fingers are crossed on books/coloring books/ youtube/ ect home work stuff to take off. Or hopefully get more art comissions. My days are so exhausting I don't even have time yet to get a job.
It's been so frustrating, cause i barely even have time to work on those. I'm working 7 am until 9 pm taking care of my girls. running errands, getting them to school. making meals. cleaning house. Can i just get paid to be a mom xD pleasssee?

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.