Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2022 ❀ CONFETTI {thought dump with me + maybe doodles}

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/10 22:29:42 )

@Borealis:
lmao I keep trying to make a halloween avi too, but I have a lot more cozy looking items like this!
maybe I'll make something to last like, a week, then onto winter themes XD

@sunny:
gosh probably more than I know. centipedes are one I hope to never catch anywhere near me, but I know they are around here. The big ones I'm told are all poisonous. But I'd commit arson if I ever saw one...

I ought to look up which ones are particularly poisonous to cats, cause we also got scorpions, spiders, and scarabs (but I think scarabs are chill to animals?)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/10 22:32:47 )
    @Jolly: whoa you have a lot! Be careful out there. The worst we have is red ants and false widows :o

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/10 22:37:22 )

@sunny:
ohhh, you must live in england or somewhere like that where nature hasn't decided it wants to kill ya
I'm used to it though, I spent my childhood in florida.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/10 22:38:49 )
    @Jolly: yup England I guess you would get used to it eventually. Florida is scary, from what I’ve heard lol.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/10 22:46:57 )

@sunny:
Yeah, florida comes with a ton of warning signs
dont go in the woods, dont walk barefoot in the grass, watch where you stand, that palm tree is on fire but its fine, dont swim in the ocean where the pelicans float, aside from the ocean dont touch the water...
ah, and definitely dont crawl into tight spaces.

I've visited England a couple times, the nature there is a lot more relaxing <3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/10 22:46:59 )

I feel like thought dumping is dangerous for me xD

can i just say hiiii i'm watching destination truth.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/10 22:49:46 )
    @Jolly: oh man it sounds like you need to be on high alert all the time in Florida:o yes, England is super relaxing in comparison!!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/10 22:51:52 )

I don't think I'm going to ever move to florida. scaaary

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 02:34:02 )
i can't move outside the UK because i have no passport whatsoever. nor do i plan to get one because i don't like the government knowing about my grandparents and my parents.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 02:47:57 )

that is a confusing thought to me, but absolutely valid feelings for you i'm sure :] i can understand at least not having a passport but for me its entirely different reasons.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 03:31:16 )
i simply do not like the government.
please ping me for the love of god.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 05:02:45 )

i figured that was the case ^^

Donator — Pomepome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 07:01:41 )
@Jolly: aww thats good being produktive :D what crafts you are doing? My little family (2year old, BF and I) went hiking and met some old friends of mine. It was so awkward ;A;
+Pls ping me+
Nothing Fancy to see here!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 14:19:21 )

I was going to say hiking is good then I read awkward. Uh oh :o
I hope the hiking was fun at least ^^

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 14:27:17 )

@Shadami:
thought dumping is danger for me too. But all the more fun

@Borealis:
heyy, your new avi looks squishy cute <3

@sunny:
Haha! what I would give to live in the country in england or wales, rain and all
London was neat and all (safer than the average US city) but outside it it felt soooooo nice being there during my 6 month visas

@Feral:
makes sense, I really dont like my government either!
Although I'm curious since I dont know the UK as well. Here in the US the government already knows everything about you as long as you have a birth certif and social security number (which is forced upon us at birth pretty much). So even if I didn't have a passport, they still know. Its kinda spooky.
Is it not like that in the UK?

@Atropa Belladonna:
I was (finally) labeling my spices in my kitchen using my cricut machine XD
and wax sealing a bunch of letters. Not really a craft per se, but its fun to do <3

Oh gosh that is awkward! But I hope it was nice seeing them at the same time?
I move so much that I'm often spared this chance :'D

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 14:32:03 )

@Jolly: I've been going through this healing progress. So a bunch of old wounds I've buried have been coming to the surface as I finally finally talk about them.

So my thoughts are very not happy lately. ......
And then I'll gush about my soulmate of perfection for me. He's perfect. Exactly what I always dreamed of but couldn't put my finger on until I found him. Didn't think true love really existed and it was just a thing in fairy tales and romance stories

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 14:39:01 )

@Shadami:
When going through healing and things like this, sometimes it can help to write it all out on a paper. I cant remember what the exercise is called that I did in gradeschool where you just start writing and writing without worrying about grammar or structure. Just write every thought. Some people burn the paper when they're done but I'm too lazy for that, I just chuck em. XD
Its a nice way to get it out of your head so you can process your emotions. <3

BUT THATS GOOD I'm so happy you found someone like that <33
I remember when I first met my husband I went absolutely nuts. Like crushes never hit me hard, but there were points when I'd get off work (where I met him) and come home to do my college homework. But I couldn't THINK so I'd lay on my carpet and get annoyed at all the gushy flutteries in me I couldnt get SHIT done!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 14:42:40 )
    @Jolly: the rain isn’t too bad, you get used to it. Just gotta waterproof everything XD. So you spent 6 months here? That’s cool! Where did you visit?

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 15:02:21 )

@sunny:
Yeah I spent just under 6 months the first time I visited, then went back again about 4-5 months a few years later. obv I didn't have a job at the time, my mom sent me over XD
Most of my time was spent near St Albans, which is around where my sister's inlaws live. She spent some time studying abroad there so also have a handful of friends all around London. Lots of bus/train rides <3

First visit was mostly touristy stuff. Check out this and that for the first time, then road trips around the country and up to Wales. Thats when I got to visit a lot of rural areas while we drove around. We'd just stop randomly to enjoy nature. Or maybe a friend knew someone somewhere that still had thatched rooftops. So cute
The second visit I didn't really go far outside London. I was mostly just out on my own trying all the hard toffee I could find. Saw the place more from a resident POV than a tourist one at that point, since I just got to witness the day-to-day lives of the family and friends and explore where they lived every day.

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/11 15:06:07 )
    @Jolly: oh that sounds like you had a great time here! Wales is beautiful isn’t it? I used to live there for university. I have never been to London but I bet it was super interesting living there day to day etc.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.