Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 04:50:35 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: yeah i just dont do that because it won't last long
and with my adhd, i will forget LOL.
and most of my youtubers don't offer skillshare anymore.

but maybe when i can afford it and just pay for it and just
take my time.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 04:58:26 )

@Totalanimefan: i used to be really good at just jumping in on conversations like "hey, i can contribute to that" my nerves and confidence is so shot these days that i'm afraid that i'd just be rudely butting in and should just stay silent. it's been hard to get past that.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 08:17:47 )
@Shadami: I struggle with that too. But the way i came to see it is i'm just trying to be nice and friendly, and that's really not rude at all. (also i get into my dnd character's mind and just think, would her -2 to charisma checks really care if it's rude to jump in? no, probably not. so jump in.) Also, i think most people are willing to talk about things with multiple people at the same time. it allows for conversation.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 08:58:18 )

@Alorrena: I've lost the skill to see that xD I'm hoping I can get it back at some point. But oh boy is it a struggle right now.

Side note. My daughter's name is Rena. She's about to turn three. But it's (re-nuh)

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 09:44:10 )
@Shadami: It definitely takes practice. I know at the beginning of this year i was super shy and afraid to really hop into conversations, but after i joined voltra i opened up after like a month or two. Even on discord with my hubby's friends, i was quiet, but now i talk a lot more. Also, before Voltra, i was on menewsha, but like 5 or 6 years ago. So it had been a long time since i was on a forum website talking to anyone semi regularly. And even on mene i had a hard time really opening up and making friends. Now i feel like i have actual good friends here that i can talk to whenever, which is nice.

Also, oh how sweet! Three is a fun age. I don't have any kids yet, but i'm hoping to soon... It's a struggle and sometimes it gets me down. Right now i think my body is too stressed to even think of it sustaining a baby, but i'm hoping soon thinks will be able to calm down and it will happen.

I have the pronunciation in my signature because i feel like a lot of people would think Ri-nuh instead of reh-nuh and i hate correcting people on things like that, so preemptive explanations are nice.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 12:30:39 )
@Totalanimefan: That's a definite possibility. I have no idea what the problem is lol. I wish I did though!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 13:01:13 )

@Alorrena: I was briefly staff on mene :3 things kinda fell apart and I couldn't do it any longer though. And ended up switching to voltra when I could socialize again. Been here almost since the start of the site. Not quite though.

It's definitely been a really nice, friendly community here, I agree.

I usually have to correct the pronunciation the other way xD people say (reh nuh). That's wild.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 13:01:41 )

@SorrowTheMad: *wave* hey sorrow. Been awhile

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 13:25:00 )
@SorrowTheMad: You just miss me that's why you can't sleep xD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 16:04:49 )
@Totalanimefan: Again, it really seems like this bride and groom expected a LOT of their wedding party. I guess at least it will be an interesting story to tell... and an interesting memory to recall later on...

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 18:54:04 )

@DreamerZ: OMG Happy Birthday!! I'll get you something from your quest. ^^ Are you questing anything?

@Alorrena: Sounds like you have a good plan for moving. I think that all of those little things will add up to no one getting overheated.
Yes everyone should be able to get come and enjoy the day. I don't know if I told you or someone else but I didn't even get to talk to a few people that I knew that were at the wedding. I was too busy working.

@MoodyB: Oh I see. I didn't know that it wasn't as common on YouTube anymore. At least $30 is doable. ^^

@Shadami: Understandable. I promise that everyone that chats with me is nice but also shy and looking for people to chat with.

@SorrowTheMad: What have you been up to? I was helping out wayyy too much with a friends wedding. Which I had to do because they didn't hire anyone.

@Wildfire: Yes they did. Honestly, I was doing the math and I put 40+ hours into this wedding easy. On the wedding day, I got ready (girls paid to get their hair done, guys had to do the set up), I worked it from about 3pm until midnight, but on Friday I put in about 11 hours, 8 on Thursday and 6 on Wed. Plus other things before I got there like looking up where the bachelorette party should be, and which dresses and shoes we should wear and then super early stuff in 2019 when they first asked us to help. Someone joked that they were going to submit an essay on what not to do for a wedding and give it to The Knot or something lol.
I don't even know if I put that much time into my own wedding XD I had a planner and some ideas, but they were the ones that knew people, so they called vendors and asked for budgets and stuff. I actually really loved my wedding and I could tell that people were having fun. The food was good and cooked on site and I had an awesome DJ. At least half the people were on the dance floor with me haha.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 19:36:29 )

@DreamerZ: life has been very busy for me lately so i haven't had much time to be bored...anything new that has happened irl?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 19:37:10 )

@Totalanimefan: I had a darn mishap with the medication so i'm waiting on the doctor to call me back and let me know where to go from here...;c

bloop

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 19:38:16 )
@Totalanimefan: were you expecting to do that much work for your friend, for their wedding??
Personally, I would never make demands on my wedding party like what you apparently were expected to do...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 20:37:24 )

@Bonnie: That sounds kinda scary. I hope you will be ok. <3

@Wildfire: Wish we had a tipping system cause I agree with your post 110%.
No, they told all of us in the wedding party nothing (probably so we would actually show up)
I would NEVER do what they did as well. We kept being like so who's serving the food? Where did you get your cake? (Cake was picked up by me, my husband and another person the day before) Who did you rent ___ from? And there would be radio silence. I also had to pay for my own shoes, tailoring, and hair to be done the day. Everyone was very pissed. My husband and I aren't the only ones that put in a ton of hours. Others planned the going away weekend the week before the wedding (oh and everyone paid for their own room, $500 a night), others gave them spreadsheets with data from their own wedding, others showed them how to do the invitations. But all of us on the Friday and Sat worked. Different people did different jobs just based on what needed to get there. There was no organization to it. You just saw a job that wasn't getting done and you did it. I didn't know that after dinner I would be breaking down the tables and chairs, but I saw someone else in the wedding party doing it alone, so I decided to help (it took about 3 hours since it was just us and tables and chairs for 200+ people). My husband woke up two hours earlier than normal to go to Costco for stuff with another person in the wedding party to get some last min things.
When I was making the decorations I was like, how many do I need to make? They were like, um, just make a bunch.
No, I can't do that, we have multiple different things to make. I need to know how many of each, 10? 20? 10 of these and 20 of these?

Oh and just in case you think it's cause they can't do anything for themselves, they are like 38 and 42 years old, own two homes in a very expensive place in CA. Are a lawyer and a therapist. Just one of them is cheap AF (like that doesn't even cover it as you can tell by the story) and the other one didn't want to make more fights, so they just went along with it.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 20:42:47 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: $30 isn't doable for me really but maybe one day it will be.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 20:54:37 )

@Totalanimefan: and you chat with most people on the site if i remember right :D

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 21:33:12 )

@MoodyB: I'm sure as you get more commissions you will be able to do it.
@Shadami: Yes I did. Different people in different threads, but everyone is welcome here. ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 21:54:05 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: as long as my computer doesn't break down again LOL
keyboard frying was such an inconvenience.
i had only planned to buy earphones. but spent close to $90-100
on my computer for my first big freelance paycheck

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 23:09:23 )

@Totalanimefan: Thank you ^^

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.